davinci syrups-which ones?

Add your favorite recipes.

davinci syrups-which ones?

Postby shortstuff » January 24th, 2006, 10:47 pm

Many of the recipes with syrup sound so good, that I can't decide which ones I should buy first. I plan to order the marshmellow and I found the vanilla at the grocery store, but wonder which other ones are the best! I thought the peanut butter sounded good, but it seems like not everyone likes it. Any thoughts on which ones you can't live without? Do you have a favorite place to order DaVinci or do you prefer the other brand? Fay
shortstuff

Postby falisamarie » January 25th, 2006, 6:09 am

Fay-

I love the Kahlua and the coconut they are both wonderful mixed with a chocolate shake!!!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Serendipity » January 25th, 2006, 10:08 am

I like the peanut butter, but if you're expecting "Reeses cup", you'll be disappointed. I also have the coconut. It's very good in the chocolate shake with a few drops of almond extract.

My favorite is the Egg Nog. That mixed in a vanilla shake along with cinn. and nutmeg......heavenly!

I just got Peppermint Patty, Toasted hazelnut, and Irish cream. Haven't tried them yet, but I'll post when I do.

Sometimes I just like the shakes plain.....the syrups taste a little too sweet and I have to take a break, but for a change, it's nice to have them around.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Serendipity » January 25th, 2006, 10:08 am

I like the peanut butter, but if you're expecting "Reeses cup", you'll be disappointed. I also have the coconut. It's very good in the chocolate shake with a few drops of almond extract.

My favorite is the Egg Nog. That mixed in a vanilla shake along with cinn. and nutmeg......heavenly!

I just got Peppermint Patty, Toasted hazelnut, and Irish cream. Haven't tried them yet, but I'll post when I do.

Sometimes I just like the shakes plain.....the syrups taste a little too sweet and I have to take a break, but for a change, it's nice to have them around.
jo
Serendipity

Postby Serendipity » January 25th, 2006, 10:09 am

jo
Serendipity

Postby Serendipity » January 25th, 2006, 10:10 am

jo
Serendipity

Postby Serendipity » January 25th, 2006, 10:11 am

OK, lol, what's goin' on. I didn't post this message that many times. I did get a "debug mode" message when I tried to post it.

Testing 1 2 3........
jo
Serendipity

Postby DogMa » January 26th, 2006, 10:48 am

Favorites: Toasted Marshmallow, Hazelnut (I just got Toasted Hazelnut but haven't tried it yet), Irish Cream, Banana

Like them but don't use them much: Peppermint, other fruit flavors, Macadamia Nut (although I've only tried this once so far, so I may change my mind), Gingerbread

Didn't like them: Peanut Butter, Chocolate, Caramel, English Toffee
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Evie140 » February 20th, 2006, 10:57 am

I have a bunch of the syrups and my favorites are as follows:

BUTTERSCOTCH, COCONUT, Peppermint Paddy, Raspberry, Pineapple, Kahlua

The ones I prefer less are:

Caramel (Butterscotch is better), Cookie Dough (not a strong flavor but OK combined with something else, too)

I also have:

Blueberry, Toasted Marshmallow, Orange

My favorite combos:

ALMOND JOY: Chocolate MF 55 + Coconut + a SMALL amount of almond syrup/extract

WHITE CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY: FV MF 55 + Raspberry + white chocolate syrup

STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE: FV MF 55 + Strawberry + some almond syrup/extract

MEDIFAST WHITE RUSSIAN: FV MF 55 + Kahlua + Irish Creme Syrup

MEDIFAST THIN MINT: Chocolate MF 55 + Peppermint Paddy Syrup

ORANGE-PINEAPPLE, STRAWBERRY-BLUEBERRY, Butterscotch Chai Latte,etc.

I want to do a Key Lime type shake so I bought lemon and lime syrups and I think you add a bit of vanilla to those.

I like adding about 3 ice cubes and water, plus the shake and syrup and making it into a smoothie. It's more exciting to think about the shake ahead when it changes now and then. Today my lineup included butterscotch for breakfast, almond joy and white-chocolate raspberry for the afternoon. I had the tomato cream soup for lunch. :-)

As far as prioritizing, pick either the most versatile flavors or flavors really needed for a recipe vs. the secondary flavors (irish creme, etc.).

All of mine are Da Vinci except the coconut, which is just as tasty - that one came from Home Goods. Not sure about Torani but my sis-in-law didn't prefer that brand.
Evie140

Postby DogMa » February 22nd, 2006, 5:06 pm

I actually just used Torani for a week because they had tiny bottles (I brought them with me on vacation). I kept wondering why my cocoa didn't taste as good as usual, and then realized it was probably the syrup. I like the Da Vinci a lot better.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Lean Cuisine