Walden Farms & DaVinci Syrups Info

Add your favorite recipes.

Walden Farms & DaVinci Syrups Info

Postby loriannk » April 3rd, 2006, 2:21 pm

I asked the nutritionist on the Medifast website about the Walden Farms & DaVinci Syrups. I thought it might interest some of you. Here was my question:

I have been told a few products are ok to use. I just want to make sure I have been told correct.

Walden Farms makes sugar, fat, carb, & calorie free fruit spreads and salad dressings. They make more but I just want to know about the fruit spreads and salad dressing. Are these ok to use? I use the fruit spread on top of my oatmeal cookies or oatmeal muffins I make. Is there a max amount of time I should use them a day? If it is free of sugar, fat, carbs & calories I assume it would be ok to use for every meal if I wanted (I don't do that though).

I use the sugar free DaVinci syrups in my shakes and sometimes add some to cookies or the muffins I make. Is that ok? Is there a limit to this as well?

Thank you for your time and answers.

Here is the answer:

You can use up to 4 tbsp of sugar-free syrups. We recommend that you use the Walden Farms products in moderation, not on all your Medifast meals and the lean and green meal.

Lori
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Hyperion » April 3rd, 2006, 4:56 pm

Hi loriannk,

I'm from Québec, Canada and I can't seem to find these products anywhere...

Any TRUSTED place I can buy this from online?
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » April 3rd, 2006, 5:03 pm

Hi Hype,
Good seein' you.

They do have a website at:
waldenfarms dot com

Dunno, if they're available anywhere else on the net.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Torani

Postby lilmamCece » April 3rd, 2006, 5:35 pm

Are torani Syrups just as good???
" I can do all things through Christ......"

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

SD: 4/03/06
5'2
lilmamCece

Postby loriannk » April 3rd, 2006, 5:46 pm

Walden Farms online

waldenfarms dot com

DaVinci Syrups

davincigourmet dot com

Hope that helps. I found the Walden Farm products at the local Pick n Save but had to order the DaVinci online as no one carried them.

I think the sugar free Torani syrups are the same as DaVincis.

Lori
Last edited by loriannk on April 4th, 2006, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » April 3rd, 2006, 10:29 pm

I personally don't like the Torani syrups as much as DaVinci. When I was on vacation, I brought along Torani hazelnut syrup for my cocoa because I found it in a smaller bottle. I kept wondering why my cocoa didn't taste very good, and then realized that was the only difference.

I get some DaVinci at TJ Maxx, but they only carry a few flavors, so the rest I get at the DaVinci site. Very reliable, and their shipping is superfast.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Signladytf » April 4th, 2006, 1:28 am

The DaVinci Syrups are fantastic to buy from their official website. Just put it into your favorite search engine and go to the one that is obviously their homepage.

Just make sure that you ABSOLUTELY like the flavors you're getting, or have a pretty good leaning toward it. They're not expensive..something like $7.50 per bottle, but when the bottles arrive, they're packaged like wine bottles! You get a HUGE wine bottle sized container of your syrups! I ordered 4 bottles to change up things, and I could distribute the stuff, it will last so long. However, I love my butterscotch, caramel and peanut butter syrups! My hubby loves the peppermint.

Enjoy!
Tammy
402/337/125
(-65!)
Restarted 8/27/2007

Signladytf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby ascicles » April 4th, 2006, 9:54 am

I havne't really been a huge fan of any of the DaVinci products except for caramel. I didn't like the peanut butter, vanilla, or gingerbread flavors.
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby DogMa » April 4th, 2006, 3:39 pm

Eyew, I don't like any of those flavors. But I run through the hazelnut and toasted hazelnut in no time (great in cocoa or pudding). Along with the toasted marshmallow (for cocoa), caramel (for apple-cinnamon oatmeal and sometimes banana pudding) and blueberry (for vanilla-berry oatmeal).

Ooh, and last night I put a little raspberry syrup (some other company's product that I've had sitting around since Atkins) in my chocolate pudding. I was swooning over it.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Where to buy DaVinci Syrups

Postby lan » April 4th, 2006, 5:03 pm

A place that I like to order from is <snip>no urls please - Mr. Snippy</snip>
The reason is that they only have a $4.95 shipping fee, so you can order to your heart's content and not worry about racking up the shipping bill. Boy, I like the Chai Tea, the French Vanilla (great in the oatmeal), toasted marshmallow, and toasted hazelnut. Mmm...

Lan
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. - Henry David Thoreau

lan
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Postby lan » April 6th, 2006, 5:30 pm

OK, I won't write it as a link. The company that I love to buy from is called Netrition. The website is that word with a dot com. Shipping prices are great--one flat fee for as much as you buy.
Lan
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. - Henry David Thoreau

lan
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Postby Arklahoma » April 7th, 2006, 7:04 am

Thanks for the heads up, Lan. It looks like their prices are a little more competitive than what I've been paying. I'll give it a try.
Arklahoma

Return to Lean Cuisine