daily reportage

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

daily reportage

Postby coco » December 16th, 2004, 2:31 pm

Ok, it may be incredibly self-centered to think that anyone really wants to read about how my diet's going every day, but i think it might help me to write it down for public viewing every day to somehow stay accountable. I have taken this idea from a comment Mike made earlier today to Ravenkat, congratulating her for reporting every day...so maybe there is some interest. Anyone who also feels this would be useful, just post away on this thread too! (I know I'll read it hehe).
So I keep blowing it on small, stupid things...and sometimes i let that spin into a binge (although much smaller now than i used to...medifast has really put food amounts into a whole new light for me) and sometimes i keep it small, say that one chocolate. Problem is, it's probably enough to put me right out of ketosis :cry:
Anyway, I had a great day yesterday, then was headed towards a great day today too when, going to the kitchen to wash out my shake glass...I ate a brownie...then a piece of cheese. So, I stopped it at that, and am back on track, but of course my goal is NOT to cheat like that. I am so frustrated with myself. This happens too often. Arrrgh.
Anywhoo, I look forward to having a great day tomorrow b/c i know i will be accountable RIGHT HERE.
Cheers (thats a shaking cheer of course)
~Coco ;)
245/240.4/140
mini goal: 224
coco
Trusted Member

Postby Karen » December 16th, 2004, 4:57 pm

hmmmmmm, what in the world were you doing with brownies in the house? I KNOW I CAN'T pass up brownies (or pizza). I had a long chat with my family before I started this. They agreed to eat the foods that tempt me, away from home only. The are some snacks and goodies they like and I don't so I can keep them around and not be tempted. If there is anything that I think would make me "cheat", it goes out of the house. I look forward to the day when I can have one brownie or a slice of pizza. It will be nice to be able to stop at one piece, cause by then, I will have a handle on portions. Even though my overweightness is MY problem, we have chosen to make "taking care" of the problem a family affair. Their love and support and the support and encouragement of the people on here has been a great help!
5'3 50 y/o Married
Started MF 11-08-04
Renewal experience 7-16-05
Karen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nancy » December 16th, 2004, 8:38 pm

Karen,

:thumbup: Great advice! You have it down and your family ought to be nominated for Family of the year. :hug:

Coco, if it's not on your food plan, get it outta there! Set yourself up for success by cleaning every it of contraband out of the house. It is not :twisted: good for you. :x Have you heard of transfats???

Our fridge virtually is bare except for pickles, olives, pickled veggies, lettuce, cukes and toms, RTDs, water and hot sauces. Low fat cottage cheese (NOT for people on the weight loss plan - we are maintainers here Folks!) grilled chicken breasts and a cooked turkey breast.

No cookies lurk in the recesses of the cupboards.

Our cookie jars are filled with MF meal bars.

The breadbox is filled with my stash of Medifast Plus Women's Health shakes and French Vanilla Berry oatmeal.

The pantry has Terry's Swiss Mocha shakes and his stash of Nanner and Chocolate Puddin' and Unca's boxes of Medifast Plus Joint Health Choc shakes and our front closet has more Women's Health shakes, Multi-grain crackers and a box of Caramel Nut meal bars. That's it! Nothin' else!

Coco, if you can be cheat free and get into the fat burning state, the hunger goes away and the desire for temporarily forbidden foods eventually goes away, too.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby explorthis » December 17th, 2004, 9:26 am

it might help me to write it down for public viewing every day to somehow stay accountable.

Coco, absolutely we care about your progress. Remember, WE HAVE ALL BEEN IN THE SAME SHOES YOU ARE WEARING – PERIOD. Nothing you tell us, is un-experienced by someone here, somewhere. Remember in school, we learned “the only stupid question, is the one not asked?” Well true here. Post, learn, share. We are all here to help, and learn, and re-learn.

I had a great day yesterday, then was headed towards a great day today too when, going to the kitchen to wash out my shake glass...I ate a brownie...then a piece of cheese

Now – I need to get a little brutal here. A couple of questions/comments….

As your “having your great day” washing out your shake glass, WASHING OUR YOUR SHAKE GLASS from the Medifast meal you just step-by-step prepared, and drank, you physically/mentally made the decision to have the brownie and then the cheese? Out of curiosity, and understand, I am not brow beating you here, but I am curious as to the thought process that went through your mind, as you purposely gave into the temptation. I mean, you had to think, before, during, and after, and you probably even hesitated, thinking, you know this is taboo, but opted to do it anyway. Why?

These are the things you are going to have to look at for A-L-O-N-G time during Medifast, and after. Again, brow beating aside, I know where your coming from, as this was me to a tee. Diet for 5 minutes, Ok screw it, where are the brownies?!?! I have learned that these habits are breakable, and new healthy ones can be made….

If I can do it, so can you.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby coco » December 17th, 2004, 10:00 am

Hey Thank you so much for your support, everybody...
I live with other people who, while certainly "nice" about my diet, would probably throw themselves out the window before clearing out the junkfood. BUT I know it should be possible to resist all that stuff anyway. Lots of self-talk, cuz come on, there's NO reason to stay fat, and EVERY reason to GET IT DONE,and get the weight off. So, today was back to square one and I'm two supplements into my day (and lots of water) now at noon.
Hope everyone else is having a good one too,
~Coco
245/240.4/140
coco
Trusted Member

I cleaned the refrig & cupboards on June 17

Postby NE gal in South » December 17th, 2004, 1:59 pm

the day before I started, I started on Friday the 18th. They were bare, except for gallon jugs of Poland Spring water and Diet Coke. My daughter stopped by Saturday morning and opened the refrig. She exclaimed you have nothing to eat. I said "do you want to eat" - you know she said "Yes - I am hungry" Please know that she needed then and needs now to make the decision to use Medifast more than I did and I wanted to loose 150 lbs. So you get the picture - right. I took her out to Steak & Shake and she ordered a Frisco burger sandwich, cheese fries and a milk shake! -- I had a shake just before we left for Steak & Shake, there I had a Diet Coke. I can still smell the grease in the food she ate when I think about it. I stuck to it faithfully except for a Meat Pie and Bridie at the Highland Games at Grandfather Mtn., NC in mid July and 2 salads with beans & corn in them in Dallas, Tx. in early August. Quite truthfully, I am a real frugal Yankee! I would not dream of spending $250 - $300 a month for my Medi-meals then eat junk along with it. The brownies and cheese will be there when you get to your goal. Make the decision to ignore the food others choose and loose. I have lost 100 lbs. since June 18, 2004. It works!!!

When I started I was nearly done remodeling my kitchen. I planned to have a penisula put in, instead I ordered and had installed a painted 7 ft tall Jelly Cupboard to keep all my Medifast supplies, Poland Spring Water and Diet Arizona Green Tea by the gallon in one place. My daughter calls it Medifast Central - and peers in each time she comes over. She is probably trying to decide. She is happy that I am feeling much better and thinks I look great.
cmc
NE gal in South

Postby explorthis » December 17th, 2004, 2:12 pm

I would not dream of spending $250 - $300 a month for my Medi-meals then eat junk along with it. The brownies and cheese will be there when you get to your goal. Make the decision to ignore the food others choose and loose. I have lost 100 lbs. since June 18, 2004. It works!!!

WOW – powerful, powerful words. These words/thoughts could not be made up. This is TRUE testimony of a TRUE Medifaster – that has seen the light…..

Carol, tell me, will you ever see food in the same light again? I know the answer, but others need to see it also…..

What a great post!!!

Welcome to the ONE HUNDRED CLUB!!! WELL DESERVED!!!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis

Food is only fuel - kinda like my car - a diesel Jetta

Postby NE gal in South » December 17th, 2004, 2:30 pm

I will only use exactly what I need - when I need it - it goes a long way! It is not a reward, entertainment, a friend, stress relief, or just something to do, etc. You eat small amounts of what you will need every 3 hours and choose wisely, I sure as heck know what the results of making poor choices are.

Thanks for all your great posts Mike - you truly set me straight before I even started on Medifast - I did as you said and did on Medifast from day 1.
cmc
NE gal in South

Postby Sylvia » December 17th, 2004, 4:56 pm

You know Carol, you are kind of quiet but when you do post I am always floored by your strong will and all that you have accomplished. 100 pounds since June is an incredible achievement and shows the benefits to all about making the decision to do this and then sticking to it.

Can't wait to celebrate with you as you approach your goal!
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » December 18th, 2004, 1:48 am

Dear Carol and fellow 100 Pound Club Member ~

Woo Hoo! I am just so proud of you - I feel like a Mom who just watched her kid graduate from high school! When you reach your ultimate goal, Girl Friend, it will be like College Graduation!

Folks, look in the Studio under my Baltimore Pics to see the faces of two 100 Pound Losers and a 59 Pound Loser!

Carol, you are a real inspiration. We will pray that your daughter will catch the vision and become healthy, too. Live long and prosper!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby coco » December 19th, 2004, 3:19 pm

ooh, so daily report...
(daily meaning every day exept saturday)
still doing wel!!!!
Yay!
I feel like at this point the damage is repaired and I'm back to losing for real, so im very excited about that. I wont actually have access to a scale until tuesday morning, so I'll post on the Roll Call thread then, with good news im sure =)
Definitely maintaining the motivation here, and dropping the poundage, so have a great sunday night all of yall, and keep shaking!!!!!
~Coco :-P
245/240.4/140
coco
Trusted Member

Postby coco » December 20th, 2004, 8:51 pm

yep, it's me...
Glad to say, it was a tough day, but I MADE IT!
Still on, and on my way to thindom.
Best of luck to all, until tomorrow,
~Coco
245/240.4/140
coco
Trusted Member

Postby RavenKat » December 21st, 2004, 7:47 am

Very cool!

Keep on shakin'!

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » December 21st, 2004, 8:20 am

uh, does "Very cool" mean that you made it through the day, too, Kat?

:thumbig:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby RavenKat » December 21st, 2004, 9:26 am

As a matter of fact, it DOES!!!!!! Yay me! ;)

Although it is meant for Coco, originally.

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Next

Return to The Weight Room