Cyd

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby DogMa » June 16th, 2008, 7:34 am

Congrats to Mike on the job! I hope you find something soon, too, so at least THAT part of your life can settle down.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby cydj21 » June 16th, 2008, 11:44 am

This is me, bitching.

Bitch bitch bitch.

Ok. Bitching concluded.

I lost a whopping 0.8lbs last week, essentially negating any positive momentum I gained the week before. I am growing really really tired of this. *sigh* I am going to have to seriously consider whether or not to reorder next month...I'm already stretched thin and with all of our moving expenses coming up, I might have to consider a month off. I could lose more watching calories and hitting the gym more often.
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby centuryclub » June 16th, 2008, 12:40 pm

thanks for the support, i appreciate it

it's easy to say that you're gonna be watching the calories/work out more, but a lot of times it just gets way too easy to get carried away once in awhile. It may help to have a brief break, but make sure to stay on top of yourself! good luck with the move
TOTAL COUNTDOWN
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRxkE4s/]
[/url]

"It's only work if somebody makes you do it." - Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Always run off the field - you never know who's watching.
centuryclub
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » June 16th, 2008, 2:04 pm

just droppin in to say hi! 100lbs is RIGHT around the corner. Hey, .8 loss? You know the motto, "a loss is a loss". We all know that nothing works better than compliance!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » June 16th, 2008, 2:13 pm

Oh, I know you're frustrated. But after losing so much, your rate of loss is likely to slow down no matter WHAT plan you follow. Trust me, counting calories and working out more does NOT necessarily lead to fast weight loss (or ANY weight loss).

But if you need a break, it might be worth a try. It could even help shake things up for your body. (But remember that if you do decide to go off the plan and then later decide to come back, it's likely to be harder to get on track the next time around. At least, that seems to be the case for most folks who return.)

How much did you lose over the two weeks? Aren't you still averaging a couple of pounds a week?
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby cydj21 » June 16th, 2008, 8:12 pm

Just stopping by quickly tonight to say thanks for the encouragement. As always, this is why I vent here instead of venting over a gallon of ice cream. Thanks, everyone! :heart:

For now, I am exhausted, so I am going to get myself tucked in for the night, but I promise to be around more this week. Let's hope for bigger numbers this week!
Cyd
cydj21

Postby DogMa » June 17th, 2008, 7:20 am

Getting some decent rest may help with the scale, too. Hang in there!! (And venting here is MUCH better than ice cream. I promise we won't show up on your hips later.)
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby cydj21 » June 17th, 2008, 10:19 am

So I decided to stop being a poor sport and I updated my ticker to reflect last week's numbers. You will note, my second ticker counting down to the 170s has been replaced with a countdown to 100lbs lost. I am hoping I can stay as positive as possible and make a bit of progress this week. We shall see how that plays out.

In the meantime, I've upped my water from 4 to 5 liters a day and I am being crazy about sodium. This means I've cut out my beloved pickle spears! I will refrain from eating them unless it is a day I really just need something to crunch on. I've also been trying to eat lunch a bit quicker so I can walk longer during my lunch hour this week. Yesterday was a solid 35 minutes and today I managed 30.

Finger crossed. Water guzzling. Spirits up. Eye on the prize.
Cyd
cydj21

Postby cydj21 » June 18th, 2008, 12:14 pm

The scale budged a bit today. Thank goodness. My sanity may be restored. Gosh this roller coaster is a bear sometimes! lol I would so much prefer slow and steady to lose a bunch, lose nothing, lose a bunch, lose nothing. Robin is good and always reminds me that I typically average out ok....but it's a mental nightmare at times!

My energy level has been cooky this week. I've been trying to mentally review if I might have slipped up somewhere and knocked myself out of ketosis, but I have definitely been spot on...it must be the stress. My brain is constantly running at full speed. Hopefully there is some end in sight to all of that so I can get back to being my peppy self! :D

So this weekend, Mike and I will be doing a bit of traveling to do some apartment hunting. We are checking out a wide range of towns to generate some general info as we don't yet know exactly where I will be working. Hopefully it gives us a good jump start on the process.

By the way, I hate moving. This will be my third move in a year and I am so exhausted just thinking about it...ugh! :-P
Cyd
cydj21

Postby DogMa » June 18th, 2008, 12:40 pm

OK, Cyd, yet another reality check. Didn't you just say a day or two ago that you exhausted? So you're wondering why your energy level is a little low?? It sounds like you're running nonstop most of the time!
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby cydj21 » June 18th, 2008, 4:45 pm

It feels like I am running around nonstop, too! :? Perhaps that is because I am? :lol: I never thought I'd say this, but I really sometimes cannot wait for fall. Oh I see you. Cocking your head in curiosity at the self professed lover of summer living in upstate NY crabbing about summer. Allow me to map it out for you....here is a rundown of my weekend obligations over the next few months.

June 21 - Apartment hunt
June 28 - Mike's brother graduates
July 3 - Visiting family for the holiday
July 6 - Bridal Shower # 2 (#1 was in May...remember the cashews?)
July 12 - Anniversary party for my future in-laws
July 19 - Bachelorette Party #1
July 25 - Bachelorette Party #2
July 26 - Mike's high school reunion
Aug 02 - Mike's family reunion
Aug 08 - Rehearsal dinner #1
Aug 09 - Wedding # 1
Aug 15 - Rehearsal dinner # 2
Aug 16 - Wedding #2
Aug 23 - Baby shower
Aug 30 - Engagement party (for Mike and I!)
Sep 06 - Wedding #3
Sep 13 - College Reunion

This does not include (a) finding a job, (b) finalizing the apartment search, (c) moving nor (d) starting new job.

Sooo....yes. I run around like crazy...and yes, this is why I occasionally wonder if I may find myself faced with a need to work on maintaining for the summer and not losing. *sigh* Sometimes it is VERY overwhelming.

On the positive side...my summer is going to be spent surrounded by family, friends and loved ones celebrating life's successes and milestones. I can't complain....but I can allow a part of myself to be selfish and wish it didn't threaten my own weight loss goals.
Cyd
cydj21

Postby Mike » June 18th, 2008, 7:01 pm

And we thought our summer was crazy... sheesh.

Although, Diana is still working until Thursday, our summer isn't nearly as planned out as that. No wonder you feel tired.
Ya know, mental and emotional stress can make you even more tired than physical exertion, so take care of YOU!

Also, thanks again for visiting my journal. You are a gem.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby Sojourner » June 18th, 2008, 7:54 pm

DogMa wrote:... I promise we won't show up on your hips later.

Speak for yourself ~ have you seen how HAWT she is lately??

:twisted:

(speaking of "speak for yourself"... that wasn't really me--
I was channeling Alex, 'cause that was just the perfect set up!
Although, I do think you're looking mighty HAWT these days, Cyd!)
:shades:
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Unca_Tim » June 19th, 2008, 7:37 am

Geesh Cyd,
Your schedule wears me out just reading it....:)

Maybe try throwing in an extra meal?
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Mike » June 19th, 2008, 7:45 am

Sojourner wrote:(speaking of "speak for yourself"... that wasn't really me--
I was channeling Alex, 'cause that was just the perfect set up!
Although, I do think you're looking mighty HAWT these days, Cyd!)[/color] :shades:

Speaking of... where is that little gal? Its been months.

:idontknow:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal