Curves or Gym

Fitness and Exercise

Curves or Gym

Postby katieb920 » April 21st, 2008, 10:15 am

So here is my question?

I am looking to start with some weights Just to tone up a little bit. I am not going to do a lot but I would like to see my arms and legs tighten up.

Do you think I would be able to get this with Curves Or should i join the gym. Benefit of joining curves that it is right down the street. Benefit for joining the Gym is I might want to do more. And then they have personal trainers. Negative about the gym it is 10 minutes away.

Do you think I could get toned muscles with Curves

I would love your feed back :D
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby ladyhawke » April 21st, 2008, 2:55 pm

Katie,definitely the gym, I have done both and the gym will give you better/faster results.

I'm going back to my gym tomorrow.

Best,
LH
ladyhawke
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » April 21st, 2008, 3:44 pm

I've never done Curves, and I gather it can be somewhat limited, but I'd go with whichever you think you'll actually DO, at least for now. Maybe get the shortest contract you can, so once you're in the habit and want to bump up your workouts, you can switch to the gym.

A lot of gyms also offer day passes, according to an article I read. They said that's the way to go for most people, because it's cheaper than paying by month if you don't go very often.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby lifelovinaries » April 21st, 2008, 8:13 pm

just a personal opinion here...i have been to curves (had a free month) and although i thought it was SOME form of exercise, i didn't think it was challenging enough. The gym allows you the choice of testing your limits OR taking it easy. Curves just gives you an easy workout to keep you moving a little. I would definitely recommend the gym...more options.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Gymnasium