cream cheese

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

cream cheese

Postby bunny216 » August 30th, 2008, 8:21 am

is cream cheese allowed? i've heard cottage cheese is but as a snack. if cottage cheese is allowed then why not cream cheese? even if it's fat free cream cheese?
bunny216

Postby rodeomom » August 30th, 2008, 8:42 am

Yes, 2 ounces of regular cream cheese counts as a fat subsitution for those days that you have the leanest of the leans.

Fat free cream cheese can be used as a snack. Remember you are only allowed one snack per day.

I often add fat free cream cheese to my pudding which keeps it from freezing into a solid ice cube and leaves it more like ice cream.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Re: cream cheese

Postby Mike » August 30th, 2008, 10:26 am

bunny216 wrote: i've heard cottage cheese is but as a snack.

Rodeo is right on about the cream cheese. To address the cottage cheese thing... no, its not a snack. Cottage cheese is a lean option. Depending on what carb level you want and what lean level you want, you can have between 1 and 1 1/2 cups as your lean option.

You can download the Meatless Options through the website. If TSFL its under Support and Tools. If Medifast its under Learning.

The Lean and Green, and the Meatless options pages are the best source of information for you, so make sure that you read through them. I have them printed out and posted.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Guest » August 31st, 2008, 1:22 am

thanks so much! i have this stuffed mushroom recipe that i made before medifast and it has cream cheese in them. i'm so excited!

Return to Come on in.