Cookies and Muffins--has anyone tried this......

Add your favorite recipes.

Cookies and Muffins--has anyone tried this......

Postby SPMUSTANG » April 19th, 2006, 6:43 am

I have made the cookies and muffins and the texture to me is bizarre. Just wondered if anyone has tried adding cream of tarter to the batter before baking? Cream of tarter is suggested as a levening substitute for eggs...you find it listed in the back of cookbooks as a substitute for when you run out of eggs. I hate to waste a supplement trying this if someone else has already tried it.
SPMUSTANG
Regular Member - #70 Club

Postby Crystal » April 19th, 2006, 7:59 am

I haven't tried using cream of tartar, but I did substitute baking soda for baking powder, and the texture improved.
Crystal
Crystal
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby loriannk » April 19th, 2006, 8:31 am

Hi,

The cookies are kind of spongy but I like them when I add spices to the mixture.

I LOVE the muffins. I found these little white 6 oz bakeware cups at target and after i mix my batter I cook the muffins in these. 1 oatmeal packet fits perfect in these cups. I put a bit of Walden Farms SF/FF/CF Apple butter or Strawberry Fruit spread on top and it is so good out of the oven. To me it is like a treat.

Sorry I dont use cream of tarter, I use baking powder.

Lori
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby ascicles » April 19th, 2006, 8:36 am

I'm not really a fan of the cookies, but I really like the muffins. I guess I don't mind the texture of the muffins, because it is similar to what a real muffin would feel like. The cookie on the other hand are way too soft and spongy for me.
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Arklahoma » April 19th, 2006, 9:13 am

I have not tried the cream of tartar but would be interested to know if anyone else has. Hoping someone will come to the boards with an answer :lol:
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Lean Cuisine