Concerns about Medifast Soup

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Concerns about Medifast Soup

Postby need2succeed » August 3rd, 2004, 8:29 am

Hi all...I hope everyone is doing wonderfully today...

Not too long ago, I ordered the Medifast Chicken Noodle Soup, and since that time, I have become almost obsessed with it. I limit my consumption to no more than 2 per day, but I wonder if my body's reaction to it may be doing more harm than good (for instance, do I respond to the soup in the same fashion that the body responds to alcoholic beverages?).

I don't want to mess up my progress.

Should I give up the soup?

Thanks
Starting Date: 6/21/2004
Last Weigh in: 10/05/04
210/156.5/120
need2succeed
Regular Member - #50 Club

Postby Simmshe » August 3rd, 2004, 12:04 pm

I've had this same reaction with the bars, and have decided once and for all that the bars are out (until I switch to the modified plan in three months). My strong cravings for the bars didn't get out of hand until Aunt Flo came into town last week, but after eating two bars a day, twice, I'm not taking any chances in the future and have just eliminated them altogether.

It sounds like your cravings aren't necessarily physiological but psychological--so eating the soup is not doing anything to your body, per se, but more so to your brain, tapping into the part of us that enjoys eating. If you find yourself craving the soup so strongly, where you feel it might eventually prompt you to eat other food, then I would nix it. I decided to not eat my beloved chili and cream of broccoli soup for a couple of weeks, either. The soups don't create cravings/obsession in me like the bars do, and I'm fine with one soup a day. But since I have noticed myself becoming more attached to the "food" part of my full fast lately, I'm just going to shake it for a bit to break this.

That's just my take on it. Again, if you feel even remotely like this will hinder your progress, then nix it . Don't take a chance of falling off--you are doing so well :).

Take care,

Sheryl
Restart: 5/01/05
333/280/155

Original start: 7/13/04-12/12/04
High weight (1997): 386lbs

Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure--Confucius
Simmshe
Preferred Member - #40 Club

soups

Postby darmac44 » August 5th, 2004, 11:33 pm

Hi! I too, am obsessed with the soups. I do know that the shakes have the lowest carbs and calories, and the bars have the most. I love the bars, so I try to avoid them other than one a day sometimes. But, I notice on the chicken noodle, the carbs and calories are very low too, so I don't feel bad having more than one per day. I usually have at least 2. Of course, we are supposed to have at least 3 shakes per day, and I am obsessed with the chocolate ready to drink ones. Anyway, the chicken noodle is the best soup choice for me, the lowest carbs and low cal too! Good luck! Darci
darmac44

Return to Weight Loss