Coffee and Me, No Longer Agree...:-(

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Coffee and Me, No Longer Agree...:-(

Postby mellowmom » April 11th, 2006, 6:01 pm

Hi all, :wave:

Anyone else finding that they suddenly can no longer stomach (literally) coffee since going on the Medifast Plan. :nonono:

I'm not a coffeeholic by any means, but I like a cup every once in a while. Nothing fancy, just plain coffee with a smidgin of cream. The last few times I've had a cup my tummy has started rumbling and then starts hurting :? Followed later by a case of the "galloping crud". :help:

Do you think that I'm churning up too much acid, now that I'm on the plan? Any one else run (no pun intended) into this problem? :scratchhead:

Thanks for your help.

MM
Shaken AND Stirred
3/24/06
5'8" 334/213/165
Re-started 1/7/09
5'8" 325/165
mellowmom
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Tiolazz » April 11th, 2006, 7:03 pm

MM,

I have found the same to be true, but if I add instant coffee to my morning shakes I have no problem.

I just take my shake, add 2 teaspoons instant vanilla flavored coffee, water and ice, mix it up with my magic bullet, and whalla, my morning frappuchino.... tastes every bit as good as starbucks...

I usually use dutch chocolate, but this morning, I used vanilla, with the coffee and added a teaspoon of s/f f/f Raspberry chocolate syrup before I added the water and ice, and OMG !!! It was awesome...

check it out.... I get my caffeine to start my day... and my stomach does not seem to get upset...

Tiolazz
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Ct. Yankee » April 12th, 2006, 5:47 am

MM, how funny, love the new medical terminology "galloping crud"!! :mrgreen: Thanks much for a great morning laugh! I love coffee also, and often, it is my salvation for 'keeping on the move'. But, I don't get the distress that you do from it.

Terri, that is a great idea for getting in the morning java! :-P
But, I don't think that I have seen an instant coffee that is vanilla flavored? Are you talking about International Coffees? Would love to know as your recipe sounds absolutely great! Thanks!

Joan
Ct. Yankee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Tiolazz » April 12th, 2006, 6:55 am

Joan,

actually it is not an international coffee, it is Nescafe Tasters Choice French Vanilla Instant Coffee. It comes in a small jar or a large jar. Found it at the regular grocery store...

I just use either the Vanilla or Dutch chocolate shake mix, about 3/4 cup of water, 2 teaspoons of the instant coffee, 1 splenda , ice and mix it all up in my magic bullet, ready to go... Hint: if I am using the vanilla shake mix I add some ff sf raspberry chocolate syrup, just a touch before I blend..... Yummy....

My morning frappuchino....

Enjoy...

:D

Tiolazz
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Ct. Yankee » April 12th, 2006, 3:14 pm

Thanks, Terri! looking forward to the morning, finally found the Taster's Choice at Sweetbay. :D Joan
Ct. Yankee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Weight Loss