Cocoa Powder in shakes - anyone tried this?

Add your favorite recipes.

Cocoa Powder in shakes - anyone tried this?

Postby Blessedmommieof3 » August 12th, 2006, 1:40 am

YUMMY!! I made a Dutch Chocolate shake tonight with about 4 oz. water, 1 tsp cocoa powder (5 cals/1 carb) and lots of ice - it was amazing! I ate it with a spoon and it was the best MF shake I've had yet.

I'm assuming the cocoa powder is ok, since it only has 5 cals, but please let me know if it's a no-no, although I might still use it! :-P
The Journey began July 30th, blogging along the way at Extrapounds*com
Blessedmommieof3
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Lisa in NY » August 12th, 2006, 6:56 am

I've added cocoa powder to the chocolate PUDDING and I love it - gives it that dark chocolate-y taste....just have to be careful I don't put more than a tiny teaspoon.

Lisa
"Life's more painless for the brainless"...Scarecrow in WICKED
Lisa in NY
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Serendipity » August 12th, 2006, 8:56 am

Waiver: Following is just my own personal opinion.

In my most humble opinion, adding carbs and calories to the mix is not a great idea. The Medifast plan is a balanced plan that keeps you from getting hungry by putting you into a mild state of ketosis. Of course, adding additional calories and carbs to this plan may not hurt your weight loss rate, but how will you know? When you start to feel hungry, it could be hard to backup, making it hard to stick to the task at hand - losing weight in the most healthy, fastest way possible.

If you add a little bit here, a smidgon there, a dollop over there.....they add up. So please be careful if you are inclined to add stuff that's not in the Quick Start Guide.

Double waiver: Preceding was just my personal opinion. Just take what you can use and pitch the rest. :mrgreen:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby SharonR » August 12th, 2006, 8:13 pm

Serendipity wrote:Waiver: Following is just my own personal opinion.

In my most humble opinion, adding carbs and calories to the mix is not a great idea. The Medifast plan is a balanced plan that keeps you from getting hungry by putting you into a mild state of ketosis. Of course, adding additional calories and carbs to this plan may not hurt your weight loss rate, but how will you know? When you start to feel hungry, it could be hard to backup, making it hard to stick to the task at hand - losing weight in the most healthy, fastest way possible.

If you add a little bit here, a smidgon there, a dollop over there.....they add up. So please be careful if you are inclined to add stuff that's not in the Quick Start Guide.

Double waiver: Preceding was just my personal opinion. Just take what you can use and pitch the rest. :mrgreen:

LOL Jo, nice one...did you say that was your PERSONAL opinion??
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Mike » August 12th, 2006, 8:39 pm

Serendipity wrote:Waiver: Following is just my own personal opinion.

So, is that your opinion Jo, or did that belong to someone else? :roflmao: :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Sojourner » August 12th, 2006, 10:01 pm

Hey wait a minute...
Just who's opinion was that???
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Serendipity » August 13th, 2006, 4:17 am

Sharon, Mike, Sandy,

Yeah, it was mine, but you all can borrow it if you want. :mrgreen: