Protein Powder

Fitness and Exercise

Protein Powder

Postby centuryclub » June 6th, 2008, 10:58 pm

Hey - I'm a pretty regular and intense weight trainer - I was a high school wrestler and know/do all sorts of these weight training exercises.

I'm just wondering if its okay to take a protein and maybe a creatine shake and still be on medifast? I know that medifast is mildly ketogenic, so that might already rule out the creatine shake, but what about the protein powder? If I take a low-carb one and run the extra calories off, is it okay to incorporate a protein powder shake (like isopure) post workout into this plan (just ordered the medifast stuff today and am mad excited!)

Also, being a former wrestler i am used to handling the lower caloric intake levels and still performing intense physical activity. For someone like me, should I also be reducing my exercise program in half for the first few weeks like it says in the sticky, or should i just keep going with it?

thanks for any help
centuryclub
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Mike » June 8th, 2008, 9:48 am

According to Dr. Andersen, nothing should go into the mouth that isn't part of the program... so no to the other shake.

If you need an extra something when working out, have an extra shake and do the bar beforehand.

I would cut the workout in half during the first 3 weeks then go from there.

Good luck and congrats. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Gymnasium