cindyjones008

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby cindyjones008 » August 8th, 2008, 9:00 pm

well, I ordered MF and am getting ready to start once it arrives.

I am feeling a lot of emotions. I am happy that I am getting ready to be successful at MF and I am getting ready to quit sugar. I am realizing it is more than just quitting sugar and doing MF, it is believing in myself, it is feeling grateful to be me and feeling free to be me. It is so much more than the food. I am building up confidence in myself. I think it is hard to do MF if I don't believe in myself and lately I have been beating myself up for letting myself get so fat. I have been feeling that I am not worth as much because I'm fat. However, lately I have been working on changing that attitude. I am worth the same no matter what my weight is or what I look like. I don't need to be thin in order to be loved and accepted. I deserve love and acceptance because I am a good person, not becuase of my looks. I am trying to focus on the positive, and I am trying to change my thoughts to positive ones. I tell myself all the time I am getting ready to start MF, and I am getting ready to be successful on MF, yes, there may be times it will be hard, but I will get through it. I am getting ready to be healthy, and I am worth it.
cindyjones008

Postby Michelle in NJ » August 9th, 2008, 7:17 pm

Yes, Cindy, you are SO worth it. :rose:

I am a sugar addict and I know what it's like to have to turn your back on a favorite binge food. It's tough. But I'm learning that saying goodbye to the last year of my thirties and possibly turning 40 as a fat lady is much tougher....tough on me mentally, physically, and spiritually.

As my 11th day ends I have a lot of mixed emotions too. Please don't let the "first few days" stories scare you away from MF. Everyone's experience is different. Just keep coming back to the forum and learning as much as you can. This is going to be an exciting adventure for you and as I'm learning, if you stay on plan, you WILL lose weight.

take care

Michelle in NJ :goodluck:
Michelle in NJ

Postby nickieluv » August 10th, 2008, 9:16 am

cindyjones008 wrote:I don't need to be thin in order to be loved and accepted.

This is a huge realization. It takes time to really believe it and live it, but it is completely the truth. You deserve everything in life just because you are alive. Look to the people who love you for strength and support. You can do this!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby cindyjones008 » August 11th, 2008, 8:37 pm

I don't know if this is due to lack of consuming food all day, but I keep on having these minor burps, and I mean frequently. And they are a bit acidic. It is very irritating, I even took antacid medicine, but no effect. I am actually getting worried that something might be wrong with me. Maybe, due to grazing on sugar all day my stomach is messed up! I almost want to eat a lot of food to see if it will settle it, but I'm not going to, I am going to stay focused on taking care of my health.
cindyjones008

Postby cindyjones008 » August 24th, 2008, 8:29 am

I have been starting MF all summer long! I would start but then on day one or two or three or so, I would give in to my sugar cravings and binge on chocolate. I started to feel that I will never get this program. I even tried doing low carbs at first, that way I could detox off of sugar but still be able to stuff my face with food, hoping that would help, but no success.

I am now starting day four and I know I am going to make it, and I know how. It is a lot of work right now, but I am confident it will get easier.

I had to change my thought process. Previously I told myself that once I fit into a size 12 or smaller, I will like my body and like myself. Only if...I was smaller would I then start liking my body, who I was, but until then, I talked negatively about myself.

What I have been working on changing over the past week is my thoughts and feelings towards myself. I would look in the mirror every morning and say "I love and approve of myself." When I would catch myself having negative self thoughts, such as "I'm so fat, when people look at me, they see a fat person," I would immediatly change the thought to "I love and approve of myself." An interesting thing happened, I actually started to look prettier. Once I started to like who I am now, I was able to start working on myself. Currently I tell myself "I am 100% successful on MF, I enjoy doing MF, MF is easy, I will remain compliant on MF, I will meet my weight loss goal." Frequently I have to remind myself of this. I am confident that in the future, it will get easier and those thoughts will come more naturally. For the time being, I really have to work at it, I catch myself saying that MF is too hard, I can't make it on MF, I'll just eat some candy today and re-start tomorrwo. When I have those thoughts, I focus on my new positive affirmations and then I feel better.

Sometimes my new thoughts will last me a long time, sometimes I find myself having to constantly repeat my postiive affirmations. It wasn't until I started working at thinking positive about myself that I realized just how often I had negative self talk and self thoughts. No wonder I wasn't successful before. Who could be successful when you're constantly being told you're too fat, too ugly, you don't count as much as others, you look ridiculous, it't too hard for you, you don't deserve it, you'll never be one of those thin persons?

Those were the kinds of thoughts I constantly had going on in my head. It feels good that I am able to recognize that now, it feels good knowing that I am starting to love and approve myself just as I am right now in this moment, I speacial and I deserve to be loved and to feel good about my body and myself.

I am grateful for being introduced to MF in the first place. I am grateful for finding this support group. I am grateful that I am improving my health. I am grateful that I am able to work on myself.
cindyjones008

Postby nickieluv » August 24th, 2008, 5:21 pm

You are really on the right track! These are things we've all had to realize, to one degree or another. You will find we all have a lot in common here, and we can understand your struggles. And that makes it even sweeter when we can help celebrate your success. You keep up the good work, you are worth it!!!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby cindyjones008 » August 27th, 2008, 8:24 pm

MY SCALE DICTATES MY MOOD!

BUT NOT ANYMORE! I am throwing it out! Bye bye scale! I won't be able to do the weigh-ins. I was weighing myself every morning. Sometimes I would loose 2 pounds in 24 hours, other times I would stay the same or loose half a pound or so. After only loosing a quarter pound per day for what felt like several days, I felt frustrated, like MF wasn't doing its job. I found myself no longer feeling good about my weight loss.

There I am getting rid of the scale so I can eliminate the problem. I will judge my success based on my compliance on MF, that's it, nothing else. And I will eventually start to notice the weight loss when my clothes fit looser.

Bye bye scale!
cindyjones008

Postby rodeomom » August 28th, 2008, 6:38 am

Good for you!!!!

So many people allow the scale to rule their world and that can be so damaging to progress. Now, you can use other methods to determine your progress; how loose your clothes feel, the fact that you can wear smaller clothes, your energy level, the glow of your skin tone, the shine in your hair... Getting healthy should be your goal - when you are healthy, weight loss will be a positive side-effect.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby BiggerInTexas » August 28th, 2008, 11:13 am

Congratulations on being here!

I got a new trick to share with you: when you've got the sugar itch, stop just a minute, close your eyes and put your hand on your tummy. Think about what you're wanting to eat, and think about how it will taste and how it will feel in your tummy. Now think about how your tummy will feel 30 minutes after you eat it. Then think about a hour later, and the next day. Do you still feel good? If you do, it might be the right thing to have a small portion. If not, start to think about what would feel good in your mouth and tummy - right now, 30 min later, an hour later, the next day. Then instead of the sugar being what makes you feel good, it becomes the food that makes you feel best in the long run that makes you feel good! So instead of depriving yourself, you're now getting to choose what you want - to feel good! It kinda shifts the mood from "I can't have what I want!" to "I CAN have what I want - and I want what makes me feel good!"

I know it's kinda silly, but it helps me get past cravings! For me it's bread and potatoes more than sugar or chocolate. Which actually shocked me! I thought it'd be harder to give up Reese's and Coke, but I've found it much harder to pass up french fries and warm rolls. Who'da thought?

I learned the trick on a podcast called Inside Out Weight Loss. It's free on iTunes and they have their own website, too (just plug the name in Google and it'll take you there). I thought I'd pass it on to you in case it helps you, too!

I know you're gonna rock the MF program! Welcome back!
BiggerInTexas
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby cindyjones008 » September 7th, 2008, 7:44 pm

Now that I am closing in on a smaller size of clothing, I am getting scared. Fear is stepping in. I'm scared of living a healthy life. I know it probably sounds strange, but it is true. All I know is being fat, I've was a fat kid, so it is all I really know. I've had a few times that I have lost weight, but eventually gained it back. Now that I am close to going down a size, I find myself in fear. I truly am afraid of living a life thin and healthy. I am more comfortable staying fat and not doing a lot of things I could do if I was thin and healthy, things that I dream of doing. I want to stick with what is familiar. I know how to do fat, I know how to be the fat person at work, the fat person in line in grocery store buying more junk food thinking people are probably judging me saying that I probably should not be buying that, I can do that because it is in my comfort zone, it is familiar, I know it.

I don't know how to wake up thin for a long period of time, eat healthy, exercise, and stay healthy. I don't know how to have the things I want.

I am afraid of success. I am sure I sound like a weirdo, but it is how I feel.

I also think I am afraid that I will have to start letting people in. Being fat and eating a lot causes me to isolate. I like to isolate (not really, but it is familiar). If I am thin, I will probably attract more attention and more people will engage with me, and I am afraid to let people in, I am afraid to let people get close to me. By staying fat, I can push them away!
cindyjones008

Postby cindyjones008 » September 7th, 2008, 7:50 pm

I am afraid my fear might stop me.

I wonder if anybody else has the same fear thing I've been talking about?

I am afraid my fear is going to control me. I don't want it to. However, it seems hard to be brave. It is hard to mustar up the energy to percevere when I am a single mom of a 2 year old, work full time in a highly emotional and high stress job. I feel overwhelmed sometimes with just the daily trials of life, let alone dealing with my emotional crap. Maybe that is part of the reason I have been eating a lot, is to not deal with stuff. It sure does feel good to eat junk food at the time I am consuming it.

Something deep down inside of my says that I can do this, I can work through the emotional part of my fear, and I will find new things that bring me even more pleasure than food brought me.

CHANGE IS SCAREY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x :?:
cindyjones008

Postby cindyjones008 » September 10th, 2008, 9:50 pm

Sometimes I feel like things are getting better, and other times I feel like they are getting scarier.

Part of me feels empty without filling myself up with food, part of me feels more vulnerable without shielding myself with food, part of me feels better that I am not stuffed full of junk food. This truly is an emotional thing for me.
cindyjones008

Postby rodeomom » September 11th, 2008, 8:08 am

From reading your journal I can tell that you are a person that lives your life through emotions. I can soooooo totally relate to what you are feeling and going through. Being an emotional person can be a blessing and a curse. I have had to learn how to fill those emotional empty spaces left by the lack of comfort foods with other stuff. For me, it has been through crafts and sewing. Keeping my hands busy and having something to show for the time has made a world of difference psycologicly. Try to find something for you. Remember, we don't have anything positive to show for eating a chocolate bar - in fact if you are like me you have everything negative because you are beating yourself up over it. When I make a neacklace or a quilt, or even when I go for a walk I have something positive to show for those efforts; the actual results of completing necklace or quilt and the physiological results of the endorphins produced when I walk. Maybe for you, it will be writing poetry that nobody but you will ever read or, perhaps, mentoring a child at your local school (Big Sisters?). Once you find what "fills" you and satisfies your need for an "emotional" fix similar to what the junk food gave you - you will wonder how a crummy candy bar ever managed to fill that void.
rodeomom

Postby cindyjones008 » September 11th, 2008, 5:57 pm

wow, thanks rodeo--your post came at a perfect time! I have been self-teaching myself caligraphy lately and I think I will now get more into it. I wrote several positive affirmations just with a pen and on binder paper and put them up throughout my house. I think I will spend my free time over the next few days re-writing them on nice paper with a caligraphy pen. Great, something for me to do with not just my hands, but also with my mind.

I am also going to start thinking of other things I can do at home. Maybe I will look into making necklaces and bracelets--we'll see!

Thanks again for the suggestion Rodeo!
cindyjones008

Postby rodeomom » September 11th, 2008, 6:37 pm

Glad to be of assistance! Great idea on the calligraphy! Kind of a double dose of something good - something to do and positive messages too.

I got interested in making hemp jewelry when I saw how well it was selling at a craft show the other day. I almost bought a book on how to do it, but decided to look on the web and low and behold, but did I find some great how to's on knotting hemp jewelry. Man, I couldn't believe how easy it is! So far my daughter is confiscating everything I have made. Boy has that been a boost to my self esteem, I mean what mother doesn't dream of her teenage daughter LOVING something she made? Now, I am schedualed to be a vendor at shows on the 20th and 27th. What a kick in the pants it will be to make money doing this.
rodeomom

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal