Cheese

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Cheese

Postby Ally's Mom » September 12th, 2006, 10:06 am

Hi - this is my first message ever to a forum, so hope I do this right.

I've been on medifast for 19 days and lost about 10 lbs. I am getting really tired of not eating the things I love to eat. But I have held strong (with the support I get from reading your posts - Thanks)

I need more information about when I can eat cheese, what kind of cheese and how much. I am really craving nachos, is there a veggie I can prepare to mimic a chip and then add cheese and salsa?

And is it OK to eat marinara sauce (I'm missing spaghetti and pizza)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Ally's Mom

Postby JeepGirl » September 12th, 2006, 12:23 pm

First off...Welcome and Congrats on losing your first 10 lbs!

Cheese in any form is not allowed. It is the devil :twisted: unfortunately.

I believe you can slice turnips to make a sort of chip...there is a whole turnip thread in the Lean Cuisine section(You may have to register in order to see that I always forget)

I know ppl have off days and such but I wouldnt do anything not on the list especially when you have the "I am missing my fave foods" mood going.

Hmm I am not sure @ the marinara sauce because I know pasta and pizza are not allowed so I dont eat the marinara on anything else.

I hope the above didnt come out as mean as I so do not intend it to.
I wish you lots of success on MF!!
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby alohacate » September 12th, 2006, 12:41 pm

Maybe you could do the cheese flavored soy crisp with some chopped tomatos?? I have a soy crips issue - ate two boxes in one week - they are the :twisted: for me! Maybe best to just let your cravings pass and hold strong??
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Mike » September 12th, 2006, 1:12 pm

Just to clarify (cuz I love cheese)....
According to the quick start guide it says you can substitute cheese as your protein. 1 cup counts as the lean (fat or low fat of course).
Here is what it shows....

Vegetarians may substitute ½-1 cup of low-fat cottage cheese or 1 cup low-fat cheese, ¼ block firm tofu or one 2” x 1” piece of soft tofu, 2 eggs (limit egg servings to 3 times a week), ½ cup egg substitute, one Boca Burger® or one Morningstar Burger®.)

Turnips are a could chip substitute.
As for the marinara, check the carb content as some have lots of sugar added.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby JeepGirl » September 12th, 2006, 1:16 pm

ahh I dont think I ever read the part @ Vegetarian as I dont eat Veggies so I didnt think it was relevant :lol:

Thanks for clarifying that Mike!
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby JKSRN » September 12th, 2006, 2:04 pm

I have been eating lowfat cheese throughout my program. As Mike said, one cup of lowfat or non-fat cheese is allowed as the protein substitute in your lean and green meal. I usually have the cheese over a salad for my L&G.
Cabot makes a great 50% low fat cheese, they also make a 75% low fat cheese. I use both interchangeably.
You might have to search high and low for a sugar free marinara sauce but they do exist. Check out the health food section in your local grocery stores. Hope this helps.
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Cheese

Postby Ally's Mom » September 12th, 2006, 5:03 pm

Thank you everyone for your help, it is awesome to "talk" about this program to folks as helpful as you. I am blessed with co-workers and family who are supportive of my weight loss effort; they try not to tempted me with food and give me the strength to stay on course. But they don't have any knowledge of the program and what's OK and what’s not.

I cooked fresh green beans this week - first time ever to prepare fresh veggies. I read on the forum about baking them with a few spices. They were the best green beans ever (I actually like green beans, but I've always eaten canned)

THANK YOU ALL for the support

keep losing
Ally's Mom

Postby Arklahoma » September 12th, 2006, 5:17 pm

WELCOME!!!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Guest » September 12th, 2006, 5:23 pm

Hi there... last night I tried a grilled portobello mushroom with tomato, basil and low fat mozzerella, put under a broiler for a few minutes... Wow! Sooo yummy! It's kinda like a pizza! I got that suggestion from the lean cuisine forum from one of the members. I forgot who.... but Thank You! It's one of my favorites! :eat:

Postby kmr » September 13th, 2006, 6:17 am

They also have the fat free pre-shredded cheese. I'm just trying to remember off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure the cheddar is 45 cal. for 1/4 C. 0 fat, and under 1 carb. I'm sure they make different brands, but the one I bought was Kraft. They have the mozzerella too.
kmr
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.