cheese

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

cheese

Postby Sarya » May 15th, 2006, 3:56 pm

So the book mentioned low-fat cheese, and I thought it said fat free so that's what I got. Do you think the fat free is ok or should I get some low fat? (I already ate some, but I can pawn the rest off on my roommate.. make him a pizza or something since it's shredded).

I know full fat cheese is very low in carbs, but I don't know about low fat. The fat free has 1 or 2.

Also, does low fat cheddar taste ok?

--S
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby LeeannNH » May 15th, 2006, 4:12 pm

hi sarya

im not sure about the fat free cheese part of your question but some low fat cheddar cheeses are great. i love sharp cheddar and cracker barrel makes a great one, also sargento makes a good low fat cheddar shredded.

my husband actually likes the lo fat too, so that is what we always have

hope this helps!
leeann :mrgreen:
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby Mike » May 17th, 2006, 11:09 pm

I find that non fat isn't real tasty. I'm sure its fine to use though. Its mostly all protein with very few carbs. Personally, I prefer low fat. Just search the cheese aisle and find one that looks good to you. I like Kraft, although I wish I could find some Tillamook low fat shart white cheddar. :yeah:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Sarya » May 18th, 2006, 5:50 am

haha yeah! The fat free cheese was great the first day because I hadn't had cheese in so long, but it wasn't so great the next time I tried it. Henceforth I think I'll go for lowfat. I've been noticing that I'm not getting enough fat anyway so I need to work on that.

--S
Sarya

Postby MusicalMomma » May 18th, 2006, 7:00 am

Low fat cheese is HARD to come by here in Wisconsin...the DAIRY state!!!! Honestly, there is a Brat fry on every corner every weekend in the spring and summer...Fried Cheese curds (like mini mozzerella sticks), beer, ice cream, and HIGH FAT CHEESE as far as the eye can see!!!! It's no wonder there are so few thin people where I live! If I didn't find medifast, I am POSITIVE I would have passed 300lbs by now (started at 285 in Jan).

WOW, Boy did I ramble on! I vented all that to say...I'd jump for joy if you could find some low fat cheese around here!!!!
MusicalMomma

Postby Ct. Yankee » May 18th, 2006, 1:33 pm

Cabot's of Vermont makes a great low fat sharp cheddar. I think that it is a brand distributed most anywhere in the USA. The cheese really has a nice 'bite' to it.

Joan
Ct. Yankee

Postby ascicles » May 18th, 2006, 1:35 pm

I'm thinking about trying to add some shredded cheese with some chicken and vegetables tonight. If I just used a pinch or two, I'm guessing that it would probably be acceptable as long as I cut 1-2 oz. out of my chicken.

I'll have to check on that. It's easy to figure out the proper amounts between meats, but when one is measured in a cup and the other in oz's I probably need to be careful.

I guess I could always do 3.5 oz. of chicken and a 1/4 cup of cheese...but I think I would want more chicken and less cheese. Then again, my cooked chicken ends up under 7oz. quite often, and I use small shrimp to make up the difference. I could probably use a pinch or two of cheese in place of that.
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby just_julie » May 18th, 2006, 2:15 pm

Also remember that our L & Gs are supposed to be 300 calories when doing all your figuring... That's what helps me make my cheese decisions. I can usually have 3 oz of Cabot Light white cheddar. I buy a big block of it at Sam's club.
just_julie

Started March 4th (aka my day to go forward)

just_julie

Postby MusicalMomma » May 18th, 2006, 2:40 pm

just_julie wrote:Also remember that our L & Gs are supposed to be 300 calories when doing all your figuring... That's what helps me make my cheese decisions. I can usually have 3 oz of Cabot Light white cheddar. I buy a big block of it at Sam's club.

OOOOOOOO Sam's carries Cabot Light????? Good to know!!!! We have a sam's in Green Bay, it's a hike, but I get there once a month :)
MusicalMomma

Return to Weight Loss