Checkie

1 Thread per registered User.

Checkie

Postby Checkie » August 27th, 2006, 4:27 pm

This is diet number 1,984 or so it seems.

It wasn't until last year when I started dieting big time that I've created a full blown obsession with food (I've always been a little heavy, size 14's then I had 2 back surgeries several years ago and gained 70 lbs).

I never had a problem with food, no more than any other typical American, I like fast food, biggie sized of course but now after trying so many diets, I suppose the restrictions of a diet has made me a foodaholic.

I went to a therapist about it, she put me on welbutrin, that was at least 5-6 months ago and I cannot tell a difference in my desire and ability to consume food - these days I order 2 meals not one - I will eat until I hurt, then I am ashamed and I swear to never do it again only to find myself the very next evening ordering 2 double cheeseburgers, two large fries just for myself and vowing to start a new diet tomorrow...

I am literally sick of food but can't go a day without overeating - its a very odd situation and I am growing bigger and bigger by the day.

I don't know if a full fast will even work for me, how could it as much as I eat and as big of a problem that this has become?

I'm thinking that perhaps if I order these products, completely clear out all of my cabinets, leave ZERO food behind, not even the good-for-you stuff, that maybe, just maybe I can do this, especially with the help of this forum with others on the same plan.

I'm afraid and I am sad, I've just created a pretty successful business (successful in that its paying the bills - to me that's good enough!) I am a friendly and out going person, I have control of just about everything else in my life that I can have control over other than eating - I am single, in my early 40's (42) but I look much younger... most people guess me in my early 30's if not late 20's, I have an attractive face, I love trendy clothes (can't wear them of course) and I have a nice home... almost everything I need other than control over food!

I want to get out there and enjoy life... maybe date a little although that is not my ultimate goal, I've been divorced for a few years now and just don't have the desire to date (could be the fat?), I would love to meet new people and have fun though but the fat stops me, so what do I do? I eat more - which only makes me fatter and keeps me from doing all the stuff I want to do - its insanity!

So perhaps this is it, its working for so many others... then again any diet works if you work it, my problem is I don't work it... hopefully I can find the strength to do so through this program and this forum.

Here we go...

DAY 1 • AUGUST 31, 2006

START WEIGHT: 230.4

MEASUREMENTS:
NECK: 14.5
BUST: 44.5
WAIST: 43
HIPS: 49
THIGHS: 27.5
CALF: 18
Last edited by Checkie on August 31st, 2006, 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Checkie
Trusted Member

Postby Elizabeth » August 27th, 2006, 4:43 pm

Wow Checkie, can I ever relate to you!
Well, we all know it can be done. Its not easy. The BIG question is...do you believe you can do it? I understand the all the diets and food obsession. Its a vicious circle and sometimes it seems it will never end. I feel like its ending for me. All you can do is try. Try really hard. This may be the diet that finally allows you to lose the weight and learn to keep it off.
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby cyn » August 28th, 2006, 6:18 pm

Checkie~Welcome! Thank you for all the honesty of your post. I can relate as well. I am new to MF and just started the program. I was afraid to step on the scale for so long and then afraid to admit the number after I did muster the courage. 272.5lbs! :shock: ugh! Diet after diet I have tried and given up. Every plan, pill, powder but I never stuck to anything long term and if I did have success I never had control and gained it back and more. I am to the point where leaving the house doesnt appeal to me. I run errands if I have to but I prefer to stay at home. Not really living at all. So now I am ready to wipe away all the bad and really work this program. I have chosen the full fast because for me when I eat a little I want alot. I will switch to the 5-1 after I get going with some weight loss. Sound like it is time for us both to start enjoying life!! I know I can do this and I know you can too! Good luck to you and I am looking forward to seeing your progress.
start 8/26/06

cyn

Postby Checkie » August 28th, 2006, 6:39 pm

YES! Elizabeth, I do believe I can do it!

I am looking forward to seeing your progress too Cyn!

We can do it together!

I NEED all the support I can get and I can tell I already love it here already, the people, the motivation, its great... which will make the entire process that much easier and enjoyable, so hang out here with me everyone, we'll whine and cry and b*tch and moan about and then we're laugh and cheer about our losses each week!

I'm in this for the long haul, lets keep each other motivated!

What day are you on Cyn?

I've done it all before... the before and after pics, I had a great one, it was an animation of my side view going from a 240 lb huge belly to a 197 lb not so huge belly, if I can find it I'll post it.

But to be honest, I dont want to see those photos, it makes me feel like such a failure for regaining the weight but you know... I'm going to look at it like I took a wrong turn, ever did that - be on the interestate and take the wrong exit or missed your exit then you have to drive forever to get to an exit where you can turn around and go back?

Sure it makes you mad, sure it seems as if you'll never get back on track and then you kick yourself for all of that wasted time but you know what... you don't just pull over on the side of the road and give up ~ you just do what you've got to do and that's what I am doing... I am getting myself turned back around and headed back to the road I need to be on and soon enough, this detour will be miles behind me.

Once the products come in the mail, that's my exit... I'll be off the Food Highway and on the Expressway to Hottieville!
Checkie
Trusted Member

Postby Lizabette » August 28th, 2006, 9:30 pm

CHECKIE,
I love your positive attitude!
With that, and with the support of the greatest group ever, you can and will do it.
And CYN will make the journey with you!
Doesn't matter how many times you have tried before, let this be the one!

Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby GucciGoo » August 29th, 2006, 4:31 am

Welcome!!
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo

Postby Elizabeth » August 29th, 2006, 4:53 am

Checkie...I'm excited for your to start your journey to Hottieville!
Elizabeth

Postby Checkie » August 29th, 2006, 7:28 pm

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for the welcome and the posts!

Hopefully the package will arrive tomorrow! You all have no idea how much I need this... maybe you do, I feel as if no one understands and to be honest I am ashamed to even talk about it, I know I need to and I need to be honest but who wants to admit they are powerless over food? It seems so lame and so ridiculous... if you cannot even control what you eat what can you control?

Now, I know that's not true, obviously... or I wouldn't have a problem but I must admit it baffles me that food controls me so much and I so cannot wait to get the Medifast meals - YES I am placing ALL of my hope into this, I am looking at this as my lifeline, my lifeline in so many ways.

I wasn't even hungry this evening and still found myself ordering and eating food I didn't even want, its as if this need for excess food has a mind and will of its own - I seriously refer to this as my food-demon and demon let me tell you your days are so seriously numbered - hurry up Medifast!!!

I am so ready for this!
Checkie
Trusted Member

Postby Checkie » August 29th, 2006, 7:32 pm

Oh yeah... I need you opinions.

I so DO NOT want to weigh before I start.

I know I dont have to, I know that I weigh somewhere around 230 but I do not want to get on the scales and realize that I weigh 240 or more, I'm not sure what effect that would have - could spur me on, could just make matters worse.

I have before photos from this weight - so I might just measure and use clothes as my guide until I feel I've lost a good amount and then get on the scales.

Should I just get in the scales and weigh the day I start the plan or go with my gut and not weigh?
Checkie
Trusted Member

Postby VictoriousNat » August 29th, 2006, 8:28 pm

Checkie wrote:Oh yeah... I need you opinions.

I so DO NOT want to weigh before I start.

I know I dont have to, I know that I weigh somewhere around 230 but I do not want to get on the scales and realize that I weigh 240 or more, I'm not sure what effect that would have - could spur me on, could just make matters worse.

I have before photos from this weight - so I might just measure and use clothes as my guide until I feel I've lost a good amount and then get on the scales.

Should I just get in the scales and weigh the day I start the plan or go with my gut and not weigh?

Hi Checkie,

Cleary the decision is yours - do what makes sense to you do what you think will help you stick with the program. My cousin did a similar plan and she bought the meals on ebay and did it for a week before signing up. So her 1st official week went well because she had had her "trial week". You have to get creative sometimes. :lol: Whichever way you go good luck...although I have a thing for trackers and like to see that number get smaller. :D
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Lizabette » August 29th, 2006, 8:32 pm

CHECKIE,

Please weigh yourself and measure the day you begin your food plan.
You'll be so glad you did.
It has helped me to keep a daily record of food and water.
Get a weight tracker like most everybody else has and it will be so motivating to see the ticker moving quickly toward goal.

You have your before pictures already so you are ahead of the game.
Post those on STUDIO. Unca will help you with that.

The Silver Fox would also be pleased if you would send a face shot for your avatar.
Believe me, the more you participate, the more support you will receive and the more you will be inspired to continue to goal.

We're glad we're here to cheer you on! :cheerleader:

Lizabette

Postby Elizabeth » August 30th, 2006, 2:48 am

I vote for weighing and measuring today Checkie. The weight loss during the first week provides motivation which is needed in the beginning.
Best wishes to you!
Elizabeth

Postby Checkie » August 30th, 2006, 2:51 pm

OH!!!!!

I seriously do not want to weigh, you know why? Because then I will truly have to face what I've been doing to myself!

It will be difficult but I'll do it - I weigh what I weigh, denial's not going to change it, I just really don't want to see it, SERIOUSLY do not want to see the real number, but in no time those numbers will change and you all are right, it will be good to see the number drop each week - I just want you all to know how hard its going to be that morning when I weigh, waiting for that digital number to show... OH MY, its not going to be good.

But as in everything, the day of reckoning does soon come and tomorrow is mine!

They said I should get the package tomorrow, not sure what time though - but I guess I'll go ahead and weigh and measure in the morning and take new picture as well, might as well start completely anew!
Checkie
Trusted Member

Postby Checkie » August 30th, 2006, 2:55 pm

the ticker doesn't show the start date does it?

hmmm... guess I'll make my own ticker, that will be fun!
Checkie
Trusted Member

Postby Lizabette » August 30th, 2006, 3:24 pm

GOOD FOR YOU, CHECKIE!

You'll do just fine, trust us and Medifast!

Lizabette

Next

Return to My Journal