Checkie

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Checkie » August 31st, 2006, 9:42 am

Is this fate or what!?

I thought the products would arrive today but wasn't sure... I hadn't received a tracking number from the company so had to call and they sent an email saying there was a link in the email to track the package, I guess they forgot to add the link hehehe oh well... so I emailed them telling them so.

It was after noon and I hadn't eaten anything hoping the package would arrive and that I could start today but still, wasn't sure.

And as much I hated to, absolutely hated to - I measured and weighed.

I would have rather did it earlier in the AM, as if I would weight significantly less in the AM - ha! But I did it, I got the tape measure out and started measuring - I have the measurements of a linebacker! Oh well...

Then I did it, I stepped on the scale, ohhhhhh... painful ~ BUT I thought I would weigh around 240, worst case would be 250, that would have done damage, but the actual number was 230.4, still awful but not as bad as I'd thought.

But get this - the very moment I hit the submit button after adding my measurements and weight to my first journal post (to keep track) the door bell rang... it was Medifast!

Just like that!

Measure...
Weigh...
Insert into journal...
Food arrives!

Bam!

How cool is that?

I'm taking this as my sign from God saying THIS IS IT.

I just want to cry!! But its a cry of relief!

I may want to cry when I taste this stuff ahahaha, but you know what - I don't care, if it tastes like mud or worse I am still going to do it ~ I've got a problem and this is my cure!

Ok, see ya later... I am going to go open the box!!!!!! :-P
Checkie
Trusted Member

Postby Checkie » August 31st, 2006, 1:38 pm

Not bad!

I just had the vanilla shake, mixed it with ice in my Magic Bullet and its not bad.

I am in sales so I am out and about in my car a lot but I just remembered I have 2 electrical outlets in my car (for my latop top etc...) so I can take my Magic Bullet with me! I've also got a little cooler that I can fill it with ice to mix with my shakes and also keep my bottled water cold!

No excuses!
Checkie
Trusted Member

Postby Checkie » August 31st, 2006, 10:01 pm

Not a fan of the Chai Latte :eck:
Checkie
Trusted Member

Postby alpha femme » August 31st, 2006, 10:03 pm

if you put the chai latte in the MB with lots of ice, it's actually good.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Checkie » August 31st, 2006, 10:09 pm

I tried it hot, well I mixed it cold with ice in the magic bullet and then heated it.
Checkie
Trusted Member

Postby Elizabeth » September 1st, 2006, 5:41 am

Hey Checkie, you received your products! Congrats on getting started yesterday. I'm rootin' for ya. The first three/four days are a little rough Hang in there.
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Checkie » September 1st, 2006, 11:56 am

Hey!

Yes, I've got a feeling tonight between 8-10 PM is going to be rough! (I'm a late evening eater!).

I do Ok during the day but tonight, well... I'm not looking forward to it.

Just had the chili, its not bad and I liked the orange shake this morning, it was Ok.
Checkie
Trusted Member

Postby Checkie » September 1st, 2006, 7:35 pm

Well... this was day 2, not as bad as I thought it might be, only got hungry a few times so I drank water or a diet coke and that did the trick.

I am tired but then again I am always tired!

I am really busy at the moment too so that helps with not concentrating on food - its weird though because the images of food does dance around in my head, I'll just be sitting here working away and pizza and french fries flash across the front of my mind, weird huh?

I am super tired though... time to go night night, but wait, I have one more packet to eat! hehehehe
Checkie
Trusted Member

Postby Checkie » September 2nd, 2006, 6:42 pm

Day #3

from the very start this morning I was extremely tired, dizzy even so for lunch I had a chicken breast and some green beans.

I still dont feel great but not as bad as this morning, I wonder if this is typical?
Checkie
Trusted Member

Postby Elizabeth » September 3rd, 2006, 3:22 am

Checkie, this is typical for me. My first three days on plan were like having the flu. I had weird muscle pain, headache, sleepiness, fatigue and I was really cranky too. It does pass. Good choice for food. Hang in there. It gets better. When are you planning on weighing?
Elizabeth

Postby lauradr » September 3rd, 2006, 3:58 am

Checkie, It gets better hand in there!!!!
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Checkie » September 3rd, 2006, 11:35 am

Hello!

Thank you both!

I did over indulge last night - had two bars!!! BAD ME!!! :x

I started last Thursday so I guess Thursday will be my weigh day although I did a sneak weigh this morning and according to the scale today I have lost almost 7 lbs but I know things can change, good or bad, before next Thursday!

Then again I would expect a pretty good size loss for the first two weeks due to my starting weight and especially due to how much food I have been eating for the past few months.

I am going to do my best to fast only today and have only one bar!!!

AND TRY TO DRINK MORE WATER! I have a hard time drinking water... I just dont like it!
Checkie
Trusted Member

Postby Elizabeth » September 3rd, 2006, 11:47 am

Hey Checkie, I'm glad you checked in. Sounds like you've done great so far. I don't like water either. I drink tea...very little water. I found Arizona Peach and Lemon Tea's at Kroger in the canister (dont' like the green tea). One tub for 2 quarts. I make about 2-1/2 quarts out of it. Kroger is the only place I can find it. I love the stuff. Oh, it has splenda, not aspartame. I get a bad headache from the aspartame. I can have an occasional diet soda with it though. This tea is a life saver for me.
Anyway, have another great day! Oh, and great job on the 7 lbs!
Elizabeth

Postby Checkie » September 3rd, 2006, 11:58 am

tea is an option... but its hot and I am the hottest natured person on earth so I'm not sure if I can drink a lot of tea until it cools down some this fall maybe.

I LOVE this tea though
<snip>no urls please - Mr. Snippy</snip>
Checkie
Trusted Member

Postby Elizabeth » September 3rd, 2006, 12:38 pm

Its iced tea Checkie. I mixed it in 42 oz water bottles. Just an idea.
Elizabeth

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal