I cheated...

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I cheated...

Postby BoPeep1 » April 10th, 2006, 3:23 pm

Most of you are going to say "I can't believe she's worried about this." But, it's really bothering me and I just have to get it out there - put it out in the universe, if you will.

I was making my daughter's dinner and was stirring the mashed potatoes. When I took the fork out, I cleaned it off with my mouth. I didn't even realize I did it until I sat back down and tasted it in my mouth. It wasn't even that big, just the end tip of the fork.

I know I'm being weird, but I was so worried that I screwed my diet up, or that it would lead to more cheating.

On the good side, I realized today that I have pretty much forgotten what regular food tastes like (other than L&G foods). It was great to be able to look through the sale ads and not salivate over what was on sale.
Last edited by BoPeep1 on April 10th, 2006, 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Brandi
Height 5'9"
Started MF on 4/3/06

BoPeep1
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Arklahoma » April 10th, 2006, 3:28 pm

You're in the beginning stages of a major lifestyle change so these types of habitual moments will pop up. After a few weeks you'll be much more in tune with your new eating habits and won't even consider a bite here or there. Cut yourself some slack ... LOL
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby falisamarie » April 10th, 2006, 6:18 pm

Arkie is right it is pure habit and you will break it soon. My first week on program I did the same thing with a fork I had used to poke a baked potatoe however before I swallowed I realized what I had done and proceeded to spit little peices of potatoe all over my kitchen! Don't worry I am sure you did not blow it by any means

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Habits

Postby Jan » April 10th, 2006, 11:10 pm

Hmmmm,
Now we all know how we gained sooo much weight by eating soooo little :mrgreen: We eat on autopilot. :D Any fork in our hand delivers something to our mouth. Now that you've caught yourself it will get easier. Once we know what we are doing we can stop.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

saraak

Postby saraak » April 11th, 2006, 5:49 am

Most likely you'll still lose from that day. A little bite shouldn't hurt just don't make it a habit. Remember, it's calories in vs. calories out and I don't think there could be too many caories in one bite of potatoes. No worries!!! :D
saraak
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby krissss » April 11th, 2006, 7:09 am

I almost did the same thing yesterday .I was getting my daughter a baggie full of pretzels to take outside for a snack and I almost grabbed one and put it in my mouth.Habit.
I stopped.....but its was a total habit....
It will become non habit soon I hope...LOL

Kriss
krissss
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Come on in.