ceasar salad

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

ceasar salad

Postby doglover » March 9th, 2005, 5:33 pm

Ok, I may have REALLY blew it! Today I had my 2nd of 3 lunch appts for work. We went to this fancy shmancy restaurant in which I thought I could get a side salad and side of chicken breast. No can do. So looking over their 4 salad choices I found that the Ceasar salad seemed like the least problem for me. Everything else they could not hold this that and the other. Isn't it crazy that a place that charges a butt load of money for a butt load of food (literally ;)) can't work with you!!! They claimed it was a busy lunch hour (I agree) and special orders are not accepted. Ok...long story longer....I chose the ceasar. I ate no croutons and had lettuce and chicken only. But this afternoon I have a MONSTER :x headache. Did I screw up my ketosis w/ the ceasar dressing? I am afraid to say that I am not a chef and have no idea what are in these ingredients. I did well with portion control, but am really worried about the contents. Does anyone know if I screwed this up? I may be back to square one tomorrow :|

Thanks for any info -
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby dlr2424 » March 9th, 2005, 5:45 pm

Donna,
I can't imagine that would have thrown you out unless it was swimming in it and you drank the remains.....Don't beat yourself up.....
maybe your headache was related to something else...I say CONGRATULATIONS for making the best choice possible in a difficult situation...pretty soon you will know which resturants will be willing to accomodate you making them a safe food establishment...pretty stinky when your paying for something but can't have it your way...Have a great rest of the day...and when the experts come on they can answer your question as mine was only a guess :D

Donna

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby cplantho » March 9th, 2005, 6:27 pm

I agree....Sounds like you did just fine at the restaurant. You could have a bad headache for any number of reasons. I'm sure you had headaches before MF. Not everybody gets them when they fall in/out of ketosis, anyway. Don't worry about it. The stress is not helping you. Take some meds and lie down. You'll feel better in no time.
Christy
301/273.2/199

Started Jan. 24, 2005
cplantho
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby raederle » March 10th, 2005, 6:54 am

I agree with Donna and cp... You made the best choice you could under the circumstances, didn't pig out, and even carefully avoided the croutons, which you recognized as bad. Think of what you might have ordered in your pre-MF days! (I probably would've gone for the entire bread basket, a glass of wine, some fried appetizers, and a Cobb salad with extra bacon and avocado!!!) :shock:

Caesar dressing contains some fat (usually olive oil and parmesan), which, although caloric, won't knock you out of ketosis; if there was a lot of sugar in it, too (some caesars have sugar in 'em), that *might* have knocked you out temporarily. But you know what? Either way, the plan is the same-- just keep shakin'! Your headache might have been completely coincidental, as the gals said, so try not to psyche yourself out. Just plow ahead like you've been doing, and don't look back.

You're making good choices and, well, now you know to avoid that restaurant because it's so unaccommodating (and rude!). My vote? You did great! :mrgreen:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby doglover » March 10th, 2005, 8:39 am

Thanks gals. I have my LAST lunch appt today and it is yet another restaurant (good thing I don't pay for any of these!). I am HOPING that they are accomodating. I will never eat another ceasar bec. even if it didn't cause me a headache, I now can't stand the thought of that salad as I associate it with the absolute throbbing I had last night! Today is better, down to a low throb, but goodness!!

Thanks again, you guys are so great!!!
Donna :hug:
Feb 7, 2005 start date
doglover

Postby Nancy » March 11th, 2005, 5:03 pm

You made a great choice – the headache is most likely because you have had to sit through way too many business lunches! Hah!

I have dined at many places that are not customer-oriented, too. It bugs me the most when I have to pay for the full meal deal and eat just a teensy bit of it and trash the rest but in the scheme of things, if it meets my nutritional needs, I go for it and then have a shake or something later when I get to my car. I usually ask for the dressing on the side then I can adjust the amount of dressing I want on my salad. If I choose to have it, I dip and dab - Dip my fork into the dressing and dab some of it about, otherwise I ask for Oil and Vinegar and then just use the vinegar.

Hope that restaurant pain is long gone along with your head pain!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby doglover » March 11th, 2005, 7:20 pm

Well, I am so happy to announce that my third and last lunch of the week was great! They had great, healthy choices and when I asked for minor changes it was no problem. I always ask for a to go box w/ my lunch so I can put most away immediately. This restaurant actually put it away for me before they brought it and brought me the nicest little salad! They were so great! My hubby really enjoyed the salad for dinner!

Thanks for listening and for all the support. I think I am done until April!
Donna :)
Feb 7, 2005 start date
doglover

Postby Nancy » March 13th, 2005, 3:41 pm

Yippy!

You are The Survivor for the week! Hang in there now. Three weeks of sailing until April and hopefully by then, you'll be skinnier and the office folks will be begging you for your secret!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby scrabbler7 » March 13th, 2005, 5:35 pm

the office folks will be begging you for your secret!

Oh Nancy - that happened to me on Friday!!! I was so excited - a couple of women were in the lunch room on break when I went in to fill my water bottle (for the 3rd time). One of them came up to me to tell me I looked great and wanted to know what I was doing. I told her all about MF (which she had seen at some convention last year). So I quickly gave her the low down and offered any support if she was thinking of doing this plan.

She promptly went back and told the other 4 ladies (I could hear them discussing it). On the way back, one of them asked me what was I going to do when I had to eat "real food" again? How could it work? (And she had one of those I'm so much smarter than you smirks on her face) So I nicely told her it was no different than any other plan that people follow to lose weight -- be it WW or LA Weight Loss or Atkins or SouthBeach or Jenny Craig. No matter what plan you are on, you can always go back to your old ways OR you can learn the right way to eat. So what plan I use to take it off isn't as much the issue - it's what that plan teaches me about food, about myself, and most importantly about my interaction with food.

After I explained that I "did" eat real food (soups, oatmeal, puddings, hot cocoa, bars, etc) and that this was completely nutritionally balanced and backed by doctors, with clinical studies showing the success rates ... well, let's just say she really had no more comments now did she????

But I digress -- sorry --- :oops: --- I just really wanted to brag about my weight loss being noticed!!! We deserve to brag now don't we my friends?

On that note - I think it's time for another shake ... shaka shaka shaka ....
scrabbler7

Postby BerkshireGrl » March 13th, 2005, 5:51 pm

scrabbler7 wrote:So I nicely told her it was no different than any other plan that people follow to lose weight -- be it WW or LA Weight Loss or Atkins or SouthBeach or Jenny Craig. No matter what plan you are on, you can always go back to your old ways OR you can learn the right way to eat.

Scrabbler, first, a big hearty "WAY TO GO!" on your loss!

And second, you are absolutely correct - there are many ways to lose weight, but in the end, what matters is how people maintain! The great thing about MF is how fast it works, and safely!

I can tell you as a former Weight Watcher devotee (for 3 years, lost 52 pounds, since regained), I am losing faster on MF, and also, I'm losing more fat and retaining more muscle. I know this because at the same weight, my measurements are smaller on MF than they were on WW. Like at my current weight, my hips and waist are each 2" smaller than before on WW!

So - I am ALL FOR the fat flushing, lemme tell ya! :lol:

And to top it off, I am even hungry LESS on this plan than on my old plan of "Points."

Your snarky coworker's head may just explode from envy when you hit your goal :lol:
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » March 14th, 2005, 6:28 pm

Scrabbler ~

Oh, my! Thank you for your wonderful story - it makes me get teary-eyed - really truly! Yes, we DO need to brag about ourselves. You are working very hard and we celebrate with you. Great job!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby raederle » March 14th, 2005, 7:16 pm

What a great post, Ame. You not only enjoyed a well-deserved compliment, you shared some hard-earned wisdom with some naysayers at the office and really took the high road. So glad to be sharing this journey with you! :hug:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle

Postby scrabbler7 » March 14th, 2005, 7:23 pm

Right back at ya, Jodi. :stroll:
scrabbler7