I Came, I Sang, I Lost!

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Postby LiLYipper » July 10th, 2006, 10:00 am

mellowmom wrote:Actually, the girl who won the competition was by no definition of the word "skinny". Aside from a tremendous voice with power and a great performance style, she was a young BBW who blew the skinny minnies away with her singing and showmanship. The girl could/did rock!

WOW, that's great that weight didn't get in the way of talent!!!!! I LOVE american idol and was SOOOOO disappointed when Mandeesa (sp?) was voted off...Especially before that kid they called "chicken little" (can't remember his name) was voted off. She had tremendous showmanship, a wonderful personality, was beautiful and a spectacular voice! I can't help but wonder, if she were thin, if she would have at least made the top 3...

Ah well...that's not what this thread is about...just happy to see a BBW made it to the top on her talent :)

Carmel, do you have any recordings of yourself...I for one would LOVE to hear you :) I'll bet you are a powerhouse singer :)
LiLYipper
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Karli » July 10th, 2006, 10:08 am

Hi Carmel, congrats for putting yourself out there. I sing also (Opera), though I haven't done much in the way of competitions... not sure how I would hold up.

What's next in your plans ? Do you have any recordings you could post :mrgreen: ?

Karli
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby mellowmom » July 10th, 2006, 10:28 am

Actually, I'm working on a CD (just for my personal use...definitely NOT commercial). Have a couple of songs completed...but lots more to go. I don't have a clue how to post a recording anyhoo, but thanks for asking.
Shaken AND Stirred
3/24/06
5'8" 334/213/165
Re-started 1/7/09
5'8" 325/165
mellowmom
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Karli » July 10th, 2006, 11:06 am

mellowmom wrote: I don't have a clue how to post a recording anyhoo, but thanks for asking.

hee hee...I could help you with that :mrgreen:

I would *love* to hear something, especially something of your own (if I am understanding you correctly) and I am sure others would, too. But, I don't mean to put pressure on you. Just let me know and feel free to PM me if you want more info.

Karli
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Previous

Return to What's Shakin'