Calling all my M/F buddies

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Calling all my M/F buddies

Postby sheri1103 » January 1st, 2007, 12:04 pm

Happy New Year to my best friends in the world...

My husband and I went out for dinner last night. And I actually gave myself permission to eat what I wanted. And I did - the good news is I actually ate in smaller portions - which for me is a major miracle.

I had so wanted to remain compliant throughout the holidays and I almost made it. And I gotta tell you I woke up this morning feeling sluggish and yucky. I have had my Hot Cocoa (with a little bit of Starbucks blend mixed in - yummy).

I refuse to weigh myself as I know that if I do I will never get back in compliance. I am glad I caught myself before the "slip"went on any longer. But it is amazing what a head trip my brain is trying to do on me.

My determination is still there but my self esteem took a nose dive.
I could use a few words of encouragement...

By the way I did see the doctor on the 29th and blood work was normal and he really did a double take at my 23 pound weight loss - over the holidays!!

Mike, De De, Biki or anyone else, any pearls of wisdom?
Sheri B
"One day at a time and one pound at a time"
sheri1103
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby bikipatra » January 1st, 2007, 12:11 pm

I think the "headtrip" is that an object such as a scale can undermine your whole ability to get back on program. But don't weigh if you are that convinced. I think your self-esteem should be HIGH because you are honest, open, willing, determined and making right choices about getting back on program. We get self-esteem by committing esteemable acts-all of those things count. I know you can do it! The news from your doctor should also give you self-esteem. It is hard to impress a doctor-those jaded things! Keep up the good work.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby sheri1103 » January 1st, 2007, 12:34 pm

Ah Biki you always come through at just the right time! Thanks G/F. I also got some great words on encouragement from Nancy. So gulp, gulp,gulp, am drinking lots of water to wash away the bad stuff from my system.
:buddies:
Sheri B
sheri1103

Postby bikipatra » January 1st, 2007, 12:50 pm

sheri1103 wrote:Ah Biki you always come through at just the right time! Thanks G/F. I also got some great words on encouragement from Nancy. So gulp, gulp,gulp, am drinking lots of water to wash away the bad stuff from my system.
:buddies:

Oh, I'm so glad you feel better. That Nancy works magic! I am sipping some water myself now!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby DogMa » January 1st, 2007, 3:06 pm

Look at it as practice for maintenance. So many of us have this all-or-nothing mentality getting in our way. Either we're on plan or we're not, either we're losing weight or we're gaining, either we're completely in control or we're wildly out of control. But it doesn't have to be that way, and according to a few books I've read on maintaining weight loss, the people most successful at losing weight and keeping it off are those who are able to stop seeing everything in black and white like that.

So you're doing the right thing. Go right back on plan, don't weigh yourself for a few days, and most of all, FORGIVE yourself. You're not perfect, and you don't HAVE to be.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » January 1st, 2007, 6:31 pm

I'm RIGHT with Robin on this one! What she said!

Nobody can beat themselves up better than me. No contest!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby sheri1103 » January 1st, 2007, 7:39 pm

You are so right on the money. Thanks Robin and De De. You know you are right. There will come a time when I won't have to lose weight and I will need to learn how to eat in a healthy way and that includes going out once in a while. Thanks friends!!!
Sheri B
sheri1103

Re: Calling all my M/F buddies

Postby Mike » January 1st, 2007, 9:24 pm

sheri1103 wrote:Mike, De De, Biki or anyone else, any pearls of wisdom?

It appears that the answers have been given whilst I was painting and then taking my lovely wife out for her birthday.
Good luck, and heed the advice.
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room