Bye Bye to the OLD ME! (Leah's journal)

1 Thread per registered User.

Bye Bye to the OLD ME! (Leah's journal)

Postby Leah » October 23rd, 2006, 4:45 pm

So here is my journal. I served in the army for 5yrs. I always had to be taped for not making the weight requirements. Although I was the smallest I have ever been. it wasn't small enough for my height. Then I got out, and since been following my husband in his military career. When I first got out, I dealt with the removal of excersise (swore to myself I would never run again) and then the first year of being married (rumored you always gain a few pounds). My husband is one of those skinny minnies, who never had to worry about his weight. If he gained a pound, he would pee it out by dinner. Our first year, we realized how nice it was to have a home and being able to indulge in both our favorite food, MASHED POTATOES. So we would have LARGE 2-3 helpings of mashed potatoes each meal. Left over mashed potatoes? You can always make a mashed potatoe sandwich for lunch tomorrow :) So, within 7months, I put on 30lbs. :( Then it just sat there. Till I got pregnant with #1. From there, it all just went downhill. Now that I have had my tubes tied, and there the excuse "Why lose weight if I am going to get pregnant again" isn't there anymore. So here I am. :) I weighed in last week, before I started my MF, at 190 (I am 5'3"). Today I weighed in at 185. So that is 5 lbs down in one week. PHEW.

I am still struggling with how to handle the life of MF outside of the home. I struggle when I go out to eat with family, or when I am at someone elses house. I am safe if I stay in the car :) I hope it will get easier.
Leah

Postby Prancer » October 23rd, 2006, 5:44 pm

Hey Leah, I am so gald to see you are having success with MF!!
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby SharonR » October 26th, 2006, 2:00 pm

Hi Leah, just wondering how you are doing. Been a few days since I talked to you. No news is good news? :)
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Leah » October 26th, 2006, 2:17 pm

I actually have been okay. Another slow starting week. But found out AF showed up. So could explain alittle of the binging. But I am back to where I was, and even lost another pound. So, Praying for a good weighin. I also started a weight journal at extra pounds .com :

<snip>no urls please - Mr. Snippy</snip>

Trying to add it to my siggie.
Leah

Postby SharonR » October 26th, 2006, 2:24 pm

That's good Leah! I know you have had a hard week with the kids and feeling like you are going it alone. Missing hubby and all that. I can't even imagine! Wish I lived closer so I could uhhh...oh who knows in my present state of mind if I would be any help to you! lol But I would try!

Just think how proud hubby will be when he see's you...LOOK OUT...are your parents going to take the kids for a night, so you can be alone? hehe

About your extrapounds blog, I know people do the www thing here, don't ask me how they add that...but you could ask one of them.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Return to My Journal