Body Fat

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Body Fat

Postby BonitaGirl » February 5th, 2004, 12:47 pm

I played with my new scale last night and was bummed to see that my old scale is off by 3lbs. Hubby kept telling me that, but I refused to believe it. LOL…now I have to. So my new number is now 258. The body fat thing is enough to scare the living daylights out of you! That number alone will motivate you to stay on program, trust me! So my body fat reading was 48%. Ugh…that means that 48% of my body is made up of fat…lovely thought isn’t it? Blech.. I am going to start working out after Feb 13, that is when my contract job ends and I will have the time to dedicate myself to working out. I am going to do Pilates.

I had the pudding for the first time last night and it was surprisingly good. And they give you a lot, I couldn’t finish my whole portion as I had saved it for dessert and was full from my yummy salad with chicken. How much salad are we supposed to have? I know it is 4oz of lean meat on the modified, right? Can we have cheese? I discovered a super yummy snack yesterday. Dipping my crackers in my tomato soup and then in a little of my chicken boullion. Mmm..yummy! I am addicted to my tomato soup. I add a little boullion, the soup packet, lots of pepper, and a couple drops of hot sauce. I slowly add hot water to it and mix it thoroughly. It really is delicious!! I have the chicken noodle soup now, but have yet to try it. Maybe for lunch tomorrow.
-----------------------------
"A great pleasure in life is doing what others say you can't"

Started on 1/14/04 at 269, today I am at 251.5
BonitaGirl
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby HD » February 5th, 2004, 4:26 pm

Bonitagirl,
Don't feel to bad, my scale was off 3 lb. also. I just got my scale last week and felt like I was starting over :cry: No prob tho, I was happy with the 11 I did lose. The fat thing....I decided not to get that type of scale, I was to scared of what it would say (yeah,I'm a whimp) :oops:
I got the weight watchers scale and so far loving it, I just hope I still love it this sunday for weigh-in. You hang in there.
Jackie (HD)

01/24/2004
193/151/124
HD
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Starloser63 » February 6th, 2004, 6:56 am

Bonitagirl, Don't let it bum you out. If you would of had that scale to start your starting weight would of been hire and you would be just as happy to be at 258 as you were happy at 255 right. You still lost and thats whats important. :D

I know you probably said but what scale do you have and where did you get it. Are they suppose to be more accurate? I'm like HD that seems kind of scarey to know your body fat% but I guess when you see that start decreasing to that would be a big plus.

Keep losing!!
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Jeanette » February 6th, 2004, 7:11 am

One of the hardest things for me has been to not guage my day based on what the scale tells me. I weight myself daily (mostly habit, mostly to help keep me on track). One mindset I have developed is--if the scale shows a gain, and I know I have been faithful, then it is a temporary gain and it will start going back down again.

Back toward the beginning of my program, I started weighing myself on a new scale my husband had bought. I only use that scale and consider that my "official" scale. HOWEVER, when I go to Curves, their scale measures about 10-11 pounds UNDER my home scale! Now I wish I could go by the numbers at Curves, but I know better. Regardless, both scales keep showing losses, so I am thrilled about that!

Just keep in mind: the scale is a diagnostic tool--don't let it rule your life.
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby shineface » February 6th, 2004, 9:42 am

Hi Bonitagirl, Jeanette and all my new grrrlllfriends (who've posted)--
:hi5:
Bingo... needed this post today.

I'm staying at my sister's house and stepped on her scale this morning and even tho I said I wasn't gonna let whatever it said bother me --- I did. It was 4 pounds higher than my "official" scale at home and I bummed big time! Thanks for the reminder --- I know all scales can be different and mine is my true measure --- also, I had my body fat measured yesterday ---you are not alone in hating to really see that number even tho I knew it was high ---BUT 49.8%. :x Basically, I need to lose half of me - but that's OK -- for the first time I think with you all ;) and Medifast I can do it.

Thanks for sharing - together we will do this together one pound at a time :shoot: and one day at a time.
Pam
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Weight Loss