Body Fat Analyzer

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Body Fat Analyzer

Postby dede4wd » December 3rd, 2006, 10:17 pm

Hiya,
I was talking to someone (Lauraly, I think) about a hand-held body fat measuring device. She said this one had body fat percentage, water levels, and how many pounds of bones, fat, muscle etc you have.

I'm making my amazon wish list for the holidays and was just wondering what experience everyone has with these and if anyone has any recommendations.

I have the body fat thing on my scale, but it's been saying the same number for 4 months...not real trustworthy considering the roller coaster my body's been on for the last few months.

Any advice would be appreciated!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » December 3rd, 2006, 10:22 pm

My personal trainer has something like that, but it gave me three different numbers within about five minutes, so I don't trust it any more than I do my Tanita scale.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nooney » December 4th, 2006, 2:15 am

DogMa wrote:My personal trainer has something like that, but it gave me three different numbers within about five minutes, so I don't trust it any more than I do my Tanita scale.

I don't trust those things either. I had been sedentary for a few years (buried in my work wish I had of joined curves sooner its so convienent!) Anyway, I gained tons of muscle, I was eating within my calorie range and my body fat kept getting higher. My bodyfats been bouncing between 39-42% for 3-4 months. I was eating better AND exercising but their bodyfat calculator said otherwise. I had a doctors appointment a few months before that as well and everything was perfect despite my weight so I'm not too worried about body fat.
Nooney

Return to What's Shakin'