I blew it :(

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby Dean0408 » April 21st, 2005, 1:22 pm

A lot of people on the forum kNOw that if you eat MORE bad things, even if it is the size of a PEA, afterwards they feel like a NUT for cheating because they know the extra calories go right to their BUTT, whERe, of course they do not want them.

Also, kNOwing that we will be asked to post MORE pictures, makes us want to be as thin as possible when the photographer asks us to say CHEESE. With this in mind, we should stay off the forbidden snacks.

NOTE: The above paragraphs contain SUBLIMINAL MESSAGES which can only be seen by people who are addicted to the items mentioned in the SUBLIMINAL MESSAGES.

Dean :mrgreen:
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 21st, 2005, 2:03 pm

Alright Dean, I have to know. How long did it take you to come up with that? Does this stuff just flow out of your mouth or what?

Who are you really?........ Tom Hanks? ........... Billy Crystal? ............. NO, I know. ............. You're Jim Carrey............ No wait, Robin Williams. ............Come on, spill it!

Is Dean your middle name? :scratchhead:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Dean0408 » April 21st, 2005, 2:49 pm

DonicaB wrote:Alright Dean, I have to know. How long did it take you to come up with that? Does this stuff just flow out of your mouth or what?

Who are you really?........ Tom Hanks? ........... Billy Crystal? ............. NO, I know. ............. You're Jim Carrey............ No wait, Robin Williams. ............Come on, spill it!

Is Dean your middle name? :scratchhead:

DonicaB

Nope, it is just me Donica........and it did not take more than a minute for the subliminal thing to occur to me. I have always been like that........since I was a very young child. It used to get me in trouble with adults at times.......I was always able to outwit them or turn what they were saying into something that sounded...........well.......STUPID.

It is just a gift..........no work on my part at all. The hard part was reigning the humor in as I got higher and higher within my company. Sometimes you just have to be serious.........but the burden was that the more serious people try to be, the more opportunity for humor there is.

I retired very early because of some good choices I made along the way......and now.......I don't have to be serious at all if I don't want to.

My daughter is gettin married at the end of May........I know I will be biting my tongue at the reception so as not to make the new in-laws angry. But........from what I have heard......there will be boundless opportunities for barbs here and there. I am sure Heidi will keep me in check.

Oh.........by the way Donica, since you obviously SAW the subliminal messages..........STAY OFF THE PEANUT BUTTER AND CHEESE!!!

Dean
Dean0408

Donna Doodle and Dean

Postby LilMsTexas » April 21st, 2005, 3:18 pm

:roflmao: ROFLMAO Good grief Dean.........You're Killin' me over here!

I worked later than usual today and my blood sugar was 85 when I got home. That is REALLY low for me and I feel the effects pretty badly. It was ALL I could do to not pull into mcdonald's and FIX my sugar level. Of course that would have let to a major rise of sugar.........then the major fall..........and then the horrible sickness that follows........and then the anger and disgust..........I KEPT DRIVING! I came straight in and had my lean/green and in a bit I'm going to have my 4th medimeal of the day. I'm already feeling better now that I've eaten and I'm REALLY glad I didn't stop at McDonalds!!

Thanks again for the really cute post Dean. And Donna.....we're making it through the day sweetie 8) Let's face it.........We ROCK :yeah:
Chris
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby Dean0408 » April 21st, 2005, 4:10 pm

Christi, Christi, Christi.......tsk, tsk, tsk..........

You KNOW you need to watch that blood sugar level more closely (while on the Medifast plan, should we call it our Blood Splenda Level??)

Also, since you could read the subliminal message like Donica could, I guess you are still a CHEESE HEAD!! I bet you even root for the Packers.....not because you like the team, but because you like wearing the CHEESE HEAD HAT!!! :lol:

I wonder if our pal Donna the WAHM will be able to read the secret message? If so, you know what that means.

So long for now,
Dean
Dean0408

Postby doglover » April 21st, 2005, 4:16 pm

Ok Dean - I totally got it - but not until I was at the NUT part!!!! My buddy Donna the WAHM will totally get it!

Too funny! Thanks for that!

Today about 5 pm was the HARDEST part of my day. I was so hungry and telling myself that one more day of a PB taste will not kill me. But I talked myself right out of it and thought of coming here to all you really great people. I had chicken noodle soup and a salad instead. I am so weak and hungry today. I went to bed and slept for 1/2 hr this evening. I am really fighting the urge to bite my hubby's head right off. I am so grouchy! But here I came and you guys lifted me right up! Thanks!

Oh and one more thing happened today - for the SECOND TIME EVER (other than my DH) someone noticed I had lost weight. I really think a lot of people don't want to say anything bec. it is embarrassing bec. I see people looking at me differently and I hear things like "you look cute today" but only 2 times has someone said that they noticed I've lost weight. And this woman thought I had lost tons more than I really did! So, that was a lift to my dreary day! :D

D
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Dean0408 » April 21st, 2005, 4:32 pm

D.....good for you for staying away from the peanut butter!!

I decided to help everyone out today with their cravings..........so, I ate a jar of peanut butter, a 5 pound block of cheese, three pizzas with various toppings........two super sized fries........a 12 pack of REAL coke........three Big Macks..........and four BLT's (I drank a diet coke with these so they don't count)

I am here to report that all this stuff tasted terrible.......and I only lost one lousy pound on the day after I ate them. So, since I told you they tasted bad........and it impacted my weight loss...........there is no need for you to crave them again. They are NOTHING like you remember.

I know........it was a sacrifice on my part.........but still, it had to be done. I know you appreciate it........but........there is no need to thank me.

Dean
Dean0408

tumbleweed

Postby tumbleweed » April 21st, 2005, 4:45 pm

Oh Dean your so funny!!! and I am Thanking you I know you said no need but thank you thank you thank you :bow:
tumbleweed
Trusted Member - #100 Club
Trusted Member - #100 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » April 21st, 2005, 5:01 pm

I like that BLOOD SPLENDA LEVEL........that was really funny. And yes I'm watching my SPLENDA levels very closely. Sometimes I think of having a half of a bar when it gets low simply because they are always handy. i'm just not sure about that. Sometimes as a diabetic I have to think about my weight loss AND my health AND my ability to drive safely. I'm simply trying to not get into a habit of giving myself permission to overdo when it might not be completely necessary. But I do keep a bar on hand in case I ever get in trouble.

As far as being a PACKER fan because of the cheesehead...I don't go that far......GO COWBOYS!!

And Donna..........this has gone on a little to far now. So it's time to get serious again. What's going on with you? Something is really wrong and if you don't mind sharing it here I should would like to know what it is. This really isn't funny any more as I can feel the tension and something is truly bothering you and it isn't the peanut butter. Let's figure out what is CAUSING this emotional roller coaster you seem to be on. You already realize that the PB isn't going to help..........so let's hear what it is that you need HELP with! I kept thinking you would get out of it........but you're not.........so let's deal with it sweetie. I'll be right here waiting.
:hug:
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby DonicaB » April 21st, 2005, 5:05 pm

Well Dean, I had the 30 shrimp special at Red Lobster,............. then went to DQ and had 2 peanut buster parfaits except made with pecans because pecans taste better than peanuts, .....................then went to Wal-mart for deodorant and bought Snickers and M&M's instead,.......................then I came home and drank 4 MF shakes and ate 2 bars.

I really feel bad about what I ate today..........I know that eating 2 bars was really not what I was suppose to do. According to the MF rules you should only eat 1bar. Boy did I blow it with that 2nd bar. Otherwise I think I did pretty well today.

Just Kidding! I totally stuck to the plan.

DonicaB :yeah:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby dlr2424 » April 21st, 2005, 7:55 pm

Dean0408 wrote:I wonder if our pal Donna the WAHM will be able to read the secret message? If so, you know what that means.

Oh my buddy Dean......I'm sooooooooo sorry ..... :| .....perhaps there is something wrong with recieving your entire post...... :huh: .......I hear you talk to the others about some subliminal message of some kind....BUTT for moi....I don't see anything...........hmmm...... :hmmm: ....let me put my glasses on....:glasses:....gosh darn...still don't see it......I do see the word BUTT....however you already know my property in BIGBOOTIEBURG is SOLD....(sale pending)...I could never take the chance of of being non-compliant...... :no: ...not moi......but I do enjoy the occasional PEA in my MF Chicken & Rice soup..... :bib: .....I can be a NUT..... :nutz: ....do have quite a BUTT...howevER that wont be for long...... :nana:

Donna...dlr2424...WAHM

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Dean0408 » April 21st, 2005, 9:00 pm

Whoa!! Donnica and Donna the WAHM............you guys are stealing my thunder........those were some FUNNY posts!! :roflmao: I love M&M's Donnica.......I used to always have a bowl of them sitting in the family room.......the first thing my neighbor asked a couple weeks ago was....."Where's the M&M's?" because he always used to grab a handfull every time he came over.

Donna the WAHM..........you had me going with this sentence:

......but I do enjoy the occasional PEA in my MF Chicken & Rice soup.....

I was using the voice synthesizor on my computer to read the posts while I was doing some other work............ I couldn't believe my ears when I heard what you occasionally like to put in your soup...........I was relieved to see that the word in question was spelled PEA when I stopped what I was doing and actually read it for myself............. :mrgreen:

Dean
Dean0408

Postby bikipatra » April 22nd, 2005, 12:26 am

That part about eating three Big Macs Dean was not too funny! :lol: Too close to home for me. Hubby told me that when I got drunk a few weeks back I ate THREE Wendy's cheeseburgers. Unfortunately for him and our carpeting, but better for me, all that booze and Wendy's did not mix. I hurled it all over the floor! :oops: I am such a glamorous creature!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby doglover » April 22nd, 2005, 6:38 am

Don't you just love the humor - and then Christi's serious post right smack in the middle!

Christi - If I knew what was going on I would surely be able to resolve it. I know that for a long time I felt afraid to be under 150 lbs. NO idea why. In the past w/ starvation diets I would get near to 150 and be so weak I would have to give up. But now I am DETERMINED to be under 150 lbs! (And today I am!!). Now...I know that I crave PB when I am really hungry. If I go too long between meals I am really hungry! I then want a quick fix. But it is really only PB! So I don't know if I have a blood sugar thing, a protein deficiency thing, an allergy thing, no idea.

I'm sure there is some deep emotional/psychological issue w/ being under 150, but as of today haven't quite figured that out. I will keep working on it and get back to ya! And don't worry, I am not afraid to open up, my life is an open book!

So, until then it will be a daily struggle to keep my spoons out of the jar. I don't mean this to sound like it will, but I truly look at this as similar to alcoholism. Every day, and some days every minute, is a struggle.

Now....I am also really hormonal because my boobies really hurt! So that is probably mixing it in as well!! :?

Thanks so much for the concern. I know it is genuine and I can't tell you how much it means. This place is a gift.
D
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby raederle » April 22nd, 2005, 6:58 am

Donna!!!!! 148.5!!!!! You DID bust thru the other side!!! Last week WASN'T a fluke, seeeeee?????

So happy for ya-- are your spirits a little more lifted today, I hope??
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

PreviousNext

Return to The Weight Room