BiggerInTexas

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Lauren » July 24th, 2008, 1:19 pm

Hey, Bigger, how's it going? I haven't had a chance to post much recently, I've been slammed at work, but wanted to drop in to mention something based on your posts from a couple days ago about your "temper tantrum."

You had posted about getting tired of always having to "choose" to do the right thing. I am totally paraphrasing here, my apologies! I completely understand how that's exhausting, as I live it every day on maintenance, but I have a suggestion for the weight-loss phase. This may seem completely silly to you, but I've said it here on the forum for years (I started MF in Nov 2005):

I decided, from the day I started MF, that there were no choices. No alternatives. No decision making. I literally forced myself to believe 100% without fail that the only options I had at my disposal were MF meals and a Lean and Green. No joke. I invented a world where other options/foods/desires, they truly did not exist. It was like I lived on a desert island with nothing but oatmeals, shakes, bars, veggies and lean protein (oh, and diet soda, I still drank a lot of that, we all have needs! haha)

So, while this may seem ridiculous, like, yeah sure, you can say that, Lauren, but we all know the food is still there, I am TELLING you, I created an alternate universe! :-) I didn't have cravings and didn't miss those foods, bc they didn't even enter the threshold of my thoughts. It worked for me, and it truly could work for you, and I will tell you this: because I did it this way, I never felt deprived, and I always felt like I was on solid footing.

Yes, maintenance brings on different issues, the constant questions from people of "can you eat that," when in fact, NOW, I can eat what I want, but I CHOOSE to eat healthy, low-calorie foods, in order to maintain my weight. Now is when I have to make constant choices to be "good," but not during my weightloss plan...for me, that was smooth sailing!

Anyway, I thought this might feel or be useful to you. If it's not, chuck it and move on! Ha. But if it is, well, then it could be as easy for you as it was for me! I hope so!

Cheers,

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 24th, 2008, 1:39 pm

Hahaha! - your poor brother! That's too funny! So sweet of him to do that! The hospital will send me home in one bra, and I'm gonna pick up a couple at Walmart that are just like it (soft and close in the front).

It will be outpatient. It's kind of a fancy/schmancy place and they charge a lot. I picked the surgeon I wanted, and that's the place he uses. We're so fortunate that Troy's insurance is SO good - the whole thing will only cost us $150.00. But if I stay overnight we'd have to pay for that. Also, he is using a newer technique on me that he pioneered. Instead of an achor shaped incision, mine will be lollipop shaped. So i won't have the longest scar (the one under the breast) - which is also the one that takes longest to heal. I forgot to ask if I'll have drains, but I think I will. He does a lot of the reconstruction for our breast cancer patients, so I've seen the results of his work and he's really good.

Mom and Troy have both taken off Wednesday (day of surgery). Melissa works at night, and she's gong to hang at the surgery center to entertain Troy, who is a bit hospital shy (his dad died of leukemia and heart diesease when he was 15). Troy's regular days off are Thurs and Fri. Mom is staying thru Sunday. Friend Melissa is staying Monday (her regular day off) and Troy is taking off again Tuesday. It seems like over-kill but I think he just wanted an excuse for extra days off. :roll: I'm sure I'll be glad for the company and the babying. :) After that I'll have to entertain myself Wednesday, then it's Troy's regular days off again. It sounds like you were more or less on your own! I don't know how you did it! :shock:

I'll be off for two weeks. They said I could start walking after two weeks, and weight training after six. Two weeks isn't too long! I'll be back on track in no time - with hot new boobs! :mrgreen:
BiggerInTexas
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 24th, 2008, 1:46 pm

Hey, Lauren! I think I was writing my reply to DogMa while you were writing to me! I have to tell ya, I think that's just about the best advice I've gotten on that issue, and I'm planning to follow it. I'll be off plan for surgery/recovery - I'll be out two weeks, but I think I'm only going off plan for one week, or less if I start feeling better. Even with the surgery I'm only going partially off plan - I'll eat what Mom fixes or what I feel I need to get better as quickly as possible during the day, but breakfast and all snacks will still be MF. I'm printing out your post so I can stick it up my mirror to remind me to decide each morning that there is no other food until it becomes second nature for me! Thank you so much!
BiggerInTexas

Postby DogMa » July 24th, 2008, 2:54 pm

Yeah, I actually didn't go through insurance for mine because I wanted to pick my doctor. I had a friend who was a breast cancer survivor (or I should say, I HAVE a friend who's a breast cancer survivor - twice now), and she was part of several breast cancer support groups where the women talked about reconstructive surgery and compared results and stuff. They all raved about this one doctor, so I chose him.

And nah, I wasn't alone at all - except that I LIVE alone. But my brother came down from San Jose (I was in Orange County) and stayed for a week with me, which was more than enough time. I came home from the surgery in the early evening (surgery was earlier in the day), and stayed in the first day after that. But by the next day, we were going out to lunch and to the doc's for a post-op visit and whatever. I tired a little more easily than normal, but otherwise I was fine, so we just hung out for the week and went on some little outings.

It was YEARS ago (1995, maybe?), so I have the standard scars, but you can't see 'em unless you go looking. :) And my breasts were SO perky afterward, I loved it.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DogMa » July 24th, 2008, 3:00 pm

Oh, and I didn't have any drains. I'm not even sure what a drain looks like.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 25th, 2008, 7:07 am

Thanks, Robin! I know the perkiness doesn't stay forever, but I'm looking forward to it! :mrgreen: I'm hoping to catch up on TV and movies while I'm off! heehee

Speaking of movies, last night DH, friend Melissa and I made it out to the Alamo Drafthouse for Hellboy 2. Had a lot of fun and enjoyed the movie. And I had a great time earlier in the evening with girlfriend Judy. It was so nice to get caught up! I've really missed her!

Ready to take on the weekend! I go straight from one job to the next today and get off tomorrow morning. I'm going to try to get a lot of sleep Saturday before going back to work Sat. evening. Sunday I've got to finish getting the house cleaned up, the laundry done and the grocery shopping done before surgery Wednesday. Going to try to get my nails done, too. :)

Still no weight loss. I think I'm stuck in a stall already! Actually up .5lbs again. I think I'm going to go all shakes and MF and tuna for the weekend, see if I can't get back to 200 by surgery.
BiggerInTexas

Postby rodeomom » July 25th, 2008, 7:10 am

Don't forget to get your water in too. So many of us forget that good ol' water and see a gain. I think that drinking more water to eliminate water weight gain sounds so nuts, but its true!
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom

Postby scarlet2507 » July 27th, 2008, 8:37 am

Just wanted to say thanks for leaving me all kinds of great tips and motivation on my journal! It means me so much, and reading about your journey is so motivational, really. Good luck with your surgery, you're going to look fabulous!! :D

306.4/229.0/170
Started this MF journey on July 24, 2008!
scarlet2507
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby SharonR » July 27th, 2008, 5:20 pm

Wow, I haven't read your journal in like a week and look at everything I miss! Booby shrinking surgery! LOL Good for you! I'm sure you're going to look and feel great, well not right away of course, but in time!

You are so close to onederland! I'm here to cheer you on sister...you cannnnnn dooooooo itttttttttttttttttt! :)
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 28th, 2008, 7:39 am

Thanks, guys! :mrgreen:

It was a busy but a fun weekend! Got a lot done and I think I'm just about ready for surgery Wednesday. It's so sad but, I'm actually really looking forward to the time to chill and catch up on some TV and movies! What a girl will do for a little time off, eh? ;)

Sunday evening the local spa and resort had one of their free concerts by the lake. They have a multi-level pool and at the bottom of the last level they set up a stage and have local musicals come play. DH dropped off gf Melissa and I and we had a great time just floatin' and listening to some great music by a local blues musician, Guy Forsyth. Loved it!

Tonight after work DH, girlfriends Melissa, Judy and I are all going to the IMAX to see Batman! I'm so excited!

It turns out that tomorrow my office will be closed so I'll be working at one of our other locations. :? I always feel out of place and antsy at other offices. I wish it was regular routine! That's just the OCD anal side of me, I think.

I was thinking that after work tomorrow I'd get in one more good exercise session before the surgery Wednesday. Do ya'll think that'd be ok?
BiggerInTexas

Postby rodeomom » July 29th, 2008, 11:00 am

I think that getting in one more exercise session before surgery is a great idea!! My foot surgery is Thursday afternoon and I have an appointment with Earl on Thursday morning! The exercise will help you work out any stress you are dealing with and will get those endorphins going to help you feel better and relax. You go for it!!!

I will be thinking about you and praying for you tomorrow!!! You have my phone number - feel free to call if you need to talk anything through, k?

Blessings sista!
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 29th, 2008, 2:35 pm

Thanks, Bren! I'm heading to the gym right after work! :D

I have your number! I'll give you a call in a day or two and check up on ya! I know it'll go great for you! I'm ready to just do it now and get back to the program!

Troy, girlfriends Melissa and Judy and I took in the new Batman movie at the IMAX last night. It was amazing! We had such a blast!
BiggerInTexas

Postby DogMa » July 30th, 2008, 7:05 am

It's probably too late, but I just wanted to stop in and say good luck with the surgery, and I hope it all goes smoothly for you. Take care!
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 31st, 2008, 6:58 am

Hi everyone! Just stopping in to let ya'll know I'm doing alright. Feeling sore and sleepy, but I'm not nauseous or in pain. I should be back on plan by Monday. Love you all! (that could be the narcotic talkin'... :lol: )
BiggerInTexas

Postby scarlet2507 » July 31st, 2008, 8:47 am

Hey Bigger,
Just sending some thoughts and prayers your way... I'm so glad surgery is done and all is pretty well!! :D

306.4/229.0/170
Started this MF journey on July 24, 2008!
scarlet2507
Regular Member - #40 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal