BerkshireGrl

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby BerkshireGrl » October 7th, 2007, 3:20 pm

After finishing up a big mug of "Berry Zinger" herbal tea here to ward off the stomach growling, I thought I'd post in my starting measurements off FitDay. Added inspiration!

I am thinking I'll do this monthly to compare the shrinkage.

I wish I could get a 3-D rendition of this that I could call up in moments of temptation... like a holograph beamed out of R2-D2 ;) More like Princess Leia than Jabba the Hut would be sweet.

Ok here we go...

FitDay Body Log, starting 10/7/07
Neck: 14.5"
Bicep: 15.5"
Forearm: 11.5"
Chest: 46"
Waist: 39"
Hips: 52"
Thigh: 31"
Calf: 18.5"
----------------
Total: 228"

Hmmm, 228"... that would be one big circle. 19' circumference? 6' diameter?

I know that it's not really the same technically speaking to add all those inches up and made one shape out of it, but... that's big. That's big tree big.

Medifast = Tree Shrinker

It's like some old Norse battle names.

Devastator of Thunder Thighs!

Destroyer of Guiness Guts!!

Flattener of Flabby Folds!!!

:muahaha:
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby Serendipity » October 7th, 2007, 3:52 pm

Hi Sara, Much of what you said here was in my mind when I finally decided to start MF. It's too bad we can't choose all of the following:

1. Eat what we want when we want it.
2. Exercise only when we feel like it.
3. Have a thin healthy body.

A very tiny minority can do that, I guess, but I'm not one of the chosen. Good news is that after you look at the list and decide which is most important, (really it's a no-brainer!), deciding what to do is the easy part because Medifast makes it easy.

Nice to have you back.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby rodeomom » October 7th, 2007, 3:54 pm

Ok, since you did it I will to. On my way to my journal to expose myself (sorta). Talk about being accountable. Geez!

Oh - how about --

Terminator of Titanic Tummies

or

Henchman of Huge Hips ??
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby rodeomom » October 8th, 2007, 5:33 am

Hi again,

I didn't know if you would see my note to you on my studio thread so I wanted to leave it here for you to see.

Thanks Berk!

I gotta tell you I am getting some of my bravery from you. Your measurements guilted I mean nudged me into posting mine. I waited until I lost some before I even got onto the MMT boards. You are starting from scratch. Your an inspiration to me. Thank you!

I really mean that. I know the mysterious calls of the Ben & Jerry's tubs - I hear them well. I hope that together we can stop those voices in our heads and listen to the MF jingle of healthy lifestyles.!
rodeomom

Postby BerkshireGrl » October 9th, 2007, 3:53 am

Dawning of Day 3... :)

Doing very well. With my most recent shipment of MF, I had made the choice to go with all shakes since I had some leftover other mixed stuff. I was thinking that I would only drink shakes, 100% (and check in with the doc.)

But after a day of that, I was getting squirrelly, and decided to go to Stop & Shop and do some L&G shopping ;) I got a big batch of veggie burgers, and canned vegetables. Mmmm!

I have to say I really enjoyed my 2 tomato basil burgers, and asparagus topped with Balsamic vinegar last night -- TASTY!

Seems I might be slowly turning back into a vegetarian, heh! Funny how I was reading on some board that 'growing' meat is so expensive in resources, and soy is so much more cost-effective... and someone piped in and said "Why are Boca Burgers so damn expensive then?"

GOOD QUESTION! :lol: WHY indeed? I'm guessing that the faux meat eaters are more monied as a demographic and willing to pay for their ethics? And Boca/MorningStar/Garden Burger are very happy to charge it and make the planet a greener place... :mrgreen:

Of course you can eat cheap as a vegetarian too. Rice & beans! Beans, beans, beans, the musical fruit! ;) Cheapest food possibly on the planet. Not so MF-friendly though heh!

I've read though smatterings recently that processed soy protein (in the form of burgers, milk, etc.) is not the health food miracle they once were thought to be. I'm not sure why, don't remember the details... must check that out later.

Still, I am sure they are healthier to ingest than a Pizzaria Uno Sausage Pizza :twisted:

Ok, into the shower for another day at Paradise! See yous all later!
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » October 9th, 2007, 4:07 am

I have to agree about the prices on the MSF and Boca products. When they are on sale I stock up! My husband is a vegetarian and can eat the whole range of their products while I can just have the burgers now.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » October 9th, 2007, 7:22 pm

bikipatra wrote:... My husband is a vegetarian and can eat the whole range of their products while I can just have the burgers now.

I know, burgers it is! ;) When I was scoping out the Stop & Shop offerings, I was checking every fako meat burger for carb counts, and I don't know why I even bothered looking at the breaded ones heheh!

Yeah, I used to dig the "buffalo wings" and the spicy "chicken" patties, but they'll have to wait till later :D What with the "6 and under" per patty carb count, the 15-20 ones definitely do not fall under the acceptable Lean & Green guidelines :D

Got reacquainted tonight with something I had not seen for a while:

FOOT BONES.

Guess that's what was under all that poofiness! Who knew. I thought I just walked on bloated marshmellows these days.

Also noticed while shopping: all the canned "Southern" greens (collard, kale, mustard, turnip) had SUGAR added! Whaaa? And other stuff too, which escapes me at the moment. Fatback or liquid smoke, ok, I get that, but sugar? Or corn syrup?! IN GREENS? Is that a real Southern tradition I am unaware of? :scratchhead: I need some genuine Southerners to weigh in on this please! :lol:

Guess if I want collard greens, I'll be buying a bushel and cooking 'em down in the wok! :chef:
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby Sojourner » October 9th, 2007, 7:38 pm

BerkshireGrl wrote:I need some genuine Southerners to weigh in on this please!

Hiya, Berkie!!
:wavie:

Sorry, I can't help you with the greens question, I'm not a genuine Southerner...
just a fake one! (I lived in Arkansas for 4 years ;) ). Maybe, Lizebette or
BabyTrace or someone will bounce in - ?

Congrats on the foot bones, girlie!
Now, if those were neck bones, it'd be On Like Donkey Kong!!!

Ciao, Bella!!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby rodeomom » October 9th, 2007, 7:49 pm

I get to see the bones on my left foot, but the right one, not so much. Anyway - good for you. To not have swelling in your feet must be such a great feeling!
rodeomom

Postby bikipatra » October 10th, 2007, 2:01 am

BerkshireGrl wrote:Yeah, I used to dig the "buffalo wings" and the spicy "chicken" patties, but they'll have to wait till later :D What with the "6 and under" per patty carb count, the 15-20 ones definitely do not fall under the acceptable Lean & Green guidelines :D

I LOVE the fake chicken. The buffalo wings are almost a trigger food for me so I just buy my husband the regular "chicken" nuckets and patties. I am on WW Core right now and I have 35 points a week to play around with but somehow when I do that I just don't lose any weight. There are literally thousands of foods I can eat on CORE so I can't really rationalize a fake chicken buffalo nugget.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby katesmom » October 10th, 2007, 2:54 am

I look forward to seeing foot bones...Right now I have a swollen right foot and I think it may be from wearing crocs flip-flops all summer...Anyway, don't know much about southern veggies, but when in doubt-don't ! They will probably taste better if you steam them in the wok anyway !
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby queenielou » October 10th, 2007, 9:38 am

To chime in on the southern vegetables - I've noticed that when traditionally southern foods are taken up in other parts of the country, they often include sugar. Cornbread is a prime example. Greens are not usually prepared with sugar but I have seen people pour sugar on their greens after they were cooked. People put sugar in all sorts of things, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if sugar finds its way into people's greens just like it has found its way into cornbread.

I'm from Alabama so our other southerners might do their greens differently. Canned foods always have additives that you can avoid by making the food yourself. Have you tried the Glory brand bags of fresh greens that are available in the produce section? That way, you can season them appropriately. I only mention those because they are already chopped, picked, and stemmed - it isn't that much work to pick and stem the greens yourself, though.
Start: 4/21/2007
queenielou
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » October 11th, 2007, 3:37 am

Sojourner wrote:Congrats on the foot bones, girlie!
Now, if those were neck bones, it'd be On Like Donkey Kong!!!

Donkey Kong? Heheheh! I gotta see that! All in good time! I know they're under there somewhere but they are, um, insulated at the moment ;)

Thanks for sharing my happy feet joy! :D :D
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby BerkshireGrl » October 11th, 2007, 3:53 am

Good morning all!

Dawning of Day 5!

Boy, yesterday I had a mucho stressful day at work. Server problems throughout the day, stressed out graphic artists, boss who actually knows network in meetings most of day... wheeee!! And on my way home I contemplated ye ol' stress reducers of Bad Food & Booze, but told myself that that was just old bad habits talking. Plus I had just succeeded in de-bloating! ;)

My Tomato Basil burgers and spinach tasted mighty nice! I also had a few roasted garlic cloves from my parents' garden, which I was kinda scared to eat... but turns out roasting 'em in a cast iron pan really mellows out the garlic power :) Added plus is I do not seem to be exuding garlic this morning... my coworkers will be safe.

queenielou -- Thank you for sharing your Alabama cooking ways! I will see if up here in Mass we have those Glory greens! Thanks! :) I have to admit when I get home lately I am feeling pretty beat and I am going the quick & easy way on the cooking, heh! So bagged stuff sounds good to me!

katesmom -- I hope your poor tootsie feels better soon!

biki -- I hear you on the trigger food appeal of the wings! To me, the serving size on that was the whole box. Luckily I'd only buy one box at a time but still... :roll: Of course they went very well with 1/2 cup of bleu cheese dressing, in my case. Ack! Those sneaky hippies, trying to make healthy wings! I know how to get around that ploy ;) Good luck with your CORE plan! I see you're doing awesome! I wondered about doing Core myself when I was on WW; sounds like a really good option for me post-Medifast. I used to still eat junk on the Flex plan; I'd just count the Points for it :lol:

Ok dokey... gotta get this coffee finished, then it's off for another day at the races! Check yas later!
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » October 23rd, 2007, 4:39 am

Hey, just checking in with you to see how things are going. I thought of you Saturday when I was putting up the groceries and came across the MSF Chik'n Nuggets. They weren't the buffalo kind but I was still slightly triggered. Hope things are going well!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal