Banana Bread

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Banana Bread

Postby kmr » September 21st, 2006, 4:41 pm

I was craving banana bread tonight, so I whipped out my supplies to make my good ole' faithful M.F. cookies. This time I tried something new. I added McCormick's banana extract mixed with pumpkin spice. It came out great and killed my craving. I sit and drink it with a hot cup of coffee. I make sure I drink my 102 oz. of water through out the day before I allow myself to have any other drinks (3 34oz. bottles of water). I'm getting so good at making these cookies maybe I'll open up a Medi-Fast bakery! (hee,hee) :lol: :flip:
Last edited by kmr on September 21st, 2006, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kmr
Preferred member

Postby alpha femme » September 21st, 2006, 5:38 pm

if you open up a bakery,can i buy mail order cookies?
my stove doesn't work...
not to mention, i can't cook.
alpha femme
Preferred member

sounds good

Postby guest » September 21st, 2006, 6:02 pm

oooohhhh, banana bread sounds good

would you list the ratio of ingredents and how you baked it PLEASE!!!

THANKS!!!

Postby kmr » September 21st, 2006, 6:32 pm

Alex.......sounds like a plan! :mrgreen:

Guest.....1 pkt. vanilla berry oatmeal, 3 pkts. Splenda, 1/4 heaping tsp. baking powder, 1 cap full of McCormick's banana extract, about 4 "shakes" of McCormick's pumpkin spice, add very small amounts of H20 at a time while mixing until completely moist, but thick (approx. 3 - 4 Tbsp.) If you make it too watery it will ruin the cookie. Spray Mazola "Pure" on cookie sheet. Pour onto cookie sheet and shape into thick cookie. Put in the pre-heated oven at 350 for approx. 10 min.....cookie will rise alittle....flip cookie.....5-10 min. more so golden brown on both sides. ...finished. I don't measure anything, I just guestimate and experiment, so this is the best I can do as far as measurements. I'm just so used to making them now. I'm used to what works and how much without really even thinking. Enjoy!
kmr
Preferred member

Postby VictoriousNat » September 21st, 2006, 7:38 pm

I think I will try this. :-P
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Nova » September 21st, 2006, 9:22 pm

Here's another recipie for banana bread cookies that I use.

Mix 1 packet peach oatmeal with 1 packet banana pudding. Add 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt, generous splash of vanilla extract, generous splash of butter extract and several shakes of cinnamon or apple pie spice. Add approx 1/2-2/3 cup water. Just add slowly and stir until it gets all wet and very thick and sticky.

Spoon into 2 large cookies on a piece of parchment paper. Bake ~24 minutes at 350 degrees.

That's how I used up the last of the banana pudding that I hated. Much better as banana bread/cookies.
244/171

Would you rather eat what you want, or wear what you want?
Nova
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Return to Come on in.