Back on the plan

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Back on the plan

Postby JulieN » April 29th, 2004, 9:55 am

Hi,

I am new to this forum, and have been quite impressed with the amount of support and encouragement I have read through past posts. My husband and I started MediFast mid October 2003. My husband did great losing 50+before Christmas. I know men have a tendancy to lose weight faster then women, but it was hard for me to see how fast he was losing weight week after week getting into smaller clothes and I felt like I was getting no where. I lost 25lbs before Christmas. We had a family emergency at which time I stopped Medifast, always telling myself I would get back on the program. I started again back in February and have been on and off since then. I have gained back 9 lbs and I can feel it. I am very disappointed with my lack of motivation and committment and have started back on the plan as of this past Monday..I am on day 4. I have caught myself eating things I should not with out realizing it. I could really use some advise. I have two childen at home 4 1/2yrs. and 21 mths. It is hard for me when they are running around with fruit or chips, not to take a bite...one bite leads to another. :eat:

I am serious about losing weight especially since we are getting ready to take a family vacation to Myrtle Beach at the end of May. I want to be able to enjoy myself and feel good about myself. I am tired of hiding!:tears:

Any advice would be appreciated!

Help! :help:
JulieN
JulieN
First Post

Postby Jeanette » April 29th, 2004, 10:20 am

Hi Julie:

I understand your frustration! My husband went of Medifast after I did, and lost the same amount of weight in a shorter time! While it has been helpful that he was on Medifast, it was hard to see him lose faster than me.

I had to adjust my thinking, and realize that the pace I lose is MY pace!! Be in competition with yourself! See how much you can improve, and don't compare to others!! (hard to do, I know!)

Welcome!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Tonya » April 29th, 2004, 10:58 am

I would seriously say to continue with this forum. It really is a great support tool and helps you stay accountable and focused! :D

Welcome to the group and keep posting! I know you will see dramatic results!!!
Tonya
161/149/127

You can be pleased with nothing when you are not pleased with yourself.
Tonya
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby kimay » April 30th, 2004, 6:49 pm

Wow!
That sounds really rough on you. So sorry to hear that. The only advice I have to offer is to just keep on truckin and shakin. Since you are only on day 4, you really need to be kind to yourself but be strict. Once the time passes a week or two, you will get over that hump and the desire to cheat and nibble will be GONE. For me it took three whole weeks, but I have to tell you after those three weeks had passed I can honestly say there is no one and nothing that can distract me from drinking just my shakes and nothing can pull me away from being straightforward and honest with myself and being true and steadfast to Medifast! Just be patient and let time pass. I can honestly tell you that those desires will pass as well. Just keep going at it. I have three kids, 6, 10 and 12, and some junk food around the house too. It was so so hard at first, but after those 3 weeks, easy nice smooth sailing. YOU CAN DO IT! Rededicate yourself shake by shake. You did it before, you can definitely do it again. You proved it before, now, without any competition, it is your turn and this will be the one and only, your very last Medifast until you reach your goal. Don't let what happened last time get in your way this time. You know how miserable it made you. Get on that road to slimness and happiness. I have much faith in you. GO, GO, GO ALL THE WAY! YES, YOU CAN!!!
:yes:

Kim
3/19/04
189/168 (10 days ago)/125

PS: I know it's frustrating that men lose faster, but so be it, we are women, so forget about that fact! We are who we are! Let's just get on with it!!
kimay

Return to Come on in.