Back from vacation ...

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Back from vacation ...

Postby DogMa » February 22nd, 2006, 12:24 pm

... and I'm DOWN for the week. I was good most of the time, although I did have two bars most days instead of one because I frequently wasn't anywhere where I could mix up something hot (I don't like the shakes and don't drink them, plus it was below zero in Colorado!). I had one off-plan meal (the delivery place had told me the chicken wasn't breaded, and by the time we got our food it was too late to get anything else) and a couple of meals with less vegetable than I'd have liked. But all in all, I did pretty well.

And the reaction from family members I haven't seen in months (and who didn't know I was dieting) was fantastic. My cousin's mother-in-law's jaw literally dropped when she saw me. And her sister-in-law just kept saying how much she liked my haircut and how it framed my face (we just kept looking over at each other and smiling when she said it).

Oooh, and for probably the first time ever, when I got on the plane and went to put my seat belt on ... I had to TIGHTEN it!

I missed the boards, though. I visited every few days just to look in, but never really had time to post.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Trixie » February 22nd, 2006, 12:29 pm

Robin that's great! Compliments AND tightening your seat belt! What a great visit!! I can feel your enthusiam all the way in Michigan!

Thanks for sharing!!
2007 Start Date: 01/02/2007
Trixie
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » February 22nd, 2006, 12:31 pm

WAY TO GO ROBIN!!! We missed you! I'm so glad you had a great vacation in more ways than one!! And to come back DOWN in weight!! :woohoo:

I'm glad you told us you had two bars most days. Our family is meeting in Orlando (doing Disney) and our plan (hubby and me) is to have a shake or oatmeal before we leave for the park, take the shaker jar to the park with one shake each (they'll give you ice water at the food places) and two bars while in the park, then our Lean and Green out, then a shake or soup at the end of the day before bed. That way maybe we can come back from our vacation lighter too!!! Just like YOU!!!! :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby falisamarie » February 22nd, 2006, 12:59 pm

Robin It is so good to have you back with us even if it is less of you! You are an inspiration to anyone planning that family vacation! Look forward to reading some of your inspiring posts in the near future

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby big ron » February 22nd, 2006, 1:19 pm

Robin you are doing awsome. you are getting close great job great to have you back Ron
Restart 9-10-2007
big ron
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby 2BHealthy » February 22nd, 2006, 2:29 pm

Wow, that is terrific! I have a disney trip in july and hope to do as well as you. You are proof it can be done! :cleader:
Linda
2BHealthy
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby lauradr » February 22nd, 2006, 2:49 pm

Joyce,I was at Disney at Christmas and I stayed on the Diet but I did eat extra bars because they are easy I also brought ready to drink shakes and you walk off the extra bar
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby SueInSLO » February 22nd, 2006, 2:59 pm

DogMa!! You rock!!!
:yourock:
You did a wonderful job on your vacation. You planned well and were conscious of your choices. Way to Go!!

You may have convinced me to stay on program when I go away the week following our wedding. I have been struggling with the idea to bring my MF for breakfast, etc. but for dinner eat what I want.

We have a favorite place we always go to while we're there. I think I might just be a good MediFaster and stick to program better than I thought after reading so many others posts about travel. At least I will make an honest effort!!

Again, congrats on a great job and welcome back!

Sue
:D
SueInSLO
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » February 22nd, 2006, 3:17 pm

Thanks, you guys! And Sue, it's funny you should say that. At least three times while I was away, I decided to just eat what I wanted when we went out for dinner. And every single time, I didn't do it and stuck to the plan. It just didn't seem worth it, you know? Potatoes and bread vs. everyone commenting on how tiny I'm getting. Not to mention going out with my 11-year-old cousin and being able to shop at the same stores (of course, she's an extra-small and I'm ... not, but still).

I even had a GREAT meal from an "Asian bistro." Steamed chicken and veggies, but they served it with a low-fat or nonfat (I can't remember which they said) sauce on the side. Turned out to be this fabulous spicy garlic sauce, and I just used the salad dressing trick of dipping my fork it first, then getting a bite of food. It was excellent, and it was great to have something a little different for a change (anyone living south of Denver, I highly recommend John Holly's Asian Bistro!). I even got home right around dinner time and instead of stopping at a fast-food place for one last vacation meal, I stopped at the supermarket and picked up a small steak and some broccoli.

I was so proud of myself, I just went out and treated myself to a small shopping trip.

I'm so glad to be back with y'all (and back in my adopted home state, obviously).
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Re: Back from vacation ...

Postby Serendipity » February 22nd, 2006, 4:19 pm

DogMa wrote:... when I got on the plane and went to put my seat belt on ... I had to TIGHTEN it!

I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!

j/k :mrgreen:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Graat

Postby Jan » February 22nd, 2006, 4:58 pm

Wow Robin,
I am sooo proud of you. You have been working hard to part with those pounds. I know you don't part with them tooo easy. But you have stayed with it and not given up. Now you are beginning to reap the rewards. I am soooo happy for you. And, Robin happy shopping for all those skinny clothes. And look what else over the course of time you've learned-- how to eat. Even when you said you would "eat what you wanted" ---you actually did. But it was a healthy choice. I don't see those pounds coming back. You've persisted, you've learned and you're on your way!!!Good for you!! :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby mmob » February 22nd, 2006, 6:16 pm

Good Job Robin!! Glad you had a great time!!

I know what you mean about thinking you will eat whatever you want! - While I was in Fla w/my dad my best friend and I did get together one night and took the kids out for dinner at Planet Hollywood near Disney - and I thought I would just take ONE night off - I ended up getting the Roast chicken and veggies and subbing the potatoe w/green beans so I had a ton of veggies. I loved it and was pleased w/myself after!! It's a good feeling isn't it? I didn't even feel like I was missing out!

Glad to have ya back!

Cheers!
Maria

Started MF 1/23/06 at 204.5lbs

Let the disappointments pass
Let the laughter fill your glass.....
mmob
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby DogMa » February 23rd, 2006, 10:36 am

Thanks, everyone!!! I'm back to report I lost 2 pounds while I was gone, which is actually more than I lose at home. So now I need to figure out what made the difference (I'm kinda hoping it's that I had two bars a day most days instead of one, but it could be the one off-plan meal or the extra water I was drinking; I'm starting with the water).

And you guys will be there with the seat belt in no time. I can also now wrap a hotel towel all the way around me and even have it overlap. That was a HUGE thrill for me.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Return to The Weight Room