I'm back from surprisingly sunny Seattle!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

I'm back from surprisingly sunny Seattle!

Postby cydj21 » March 19th, 2006, 4:16 pm

Hello, everyone! :D

Wow, it has been a long 9 days without you all! Now I am back on the east coast, back in contact with my precious laptop, and ready to drop off the rest of this weight! :mrgreen:

So I will not lie...I was far from perfect this week, however I wasn't nearly as bad as I could have been. Next time I travel I am absolutely purchasing RTDs for the journey...it was a NIGHTMARE trying to stay on time, stay true to program and travel cross country at the same time. Needless to say, it didn't exactly happen. :( However, I did the best I could to eat frequent small meals high in protein and didn't just plain binge on anything and everything. I could have done better....a LOT better, but in the old days I would have been much worse so I will take every teensy victory I can get.

Now, I haven't weighed in two weeks. I think I will wait until next week's roll call. I know my pants are very loose, but I just don't want to be discouraged given my inability to stay 100% true to plan this past week. I figure this week my life will have returned to normal and I will be back to being fully compliant and then I won't have a desire to beat myself up next week regardless of what my loss is.

One point of frustration...as of two weeks ago I was down 30 pounds. I went shopping this weekend, hoping to get some new jeans because mine [size 22] are threatening to fall down to my ankles every two seconds. I tried on several pairs of 20s and most were still somewhat too tight in areas. To say I wanted to scream is an understatement...but I bought a couple of pairs of 20s that were drastically reduced in price and figured in the long run it will save me a lot of money. One thing too about this...I guess I am learning that I might actually (underneath it all) have somewhat of an hour glass figure! I am already down two shirt sizes and I know my natural waist is slimmer, but below the belly button where I wear my pants things are not as "small" as I might have imagined...but then my pants are huge through the leg and butt so go figure....this is the part where I admit that I forgot to take measurements back when I started a couple of months ago. I think I will take some now and at least it will give me a rough idea of how much I'm shrinking from here on out.

Anyway...longest post ever. Can you tell how much I missed you all? I hope you have all had a great week and I cannot wait to catch up on everyone successes!
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby falisamarie » March 19th, 2006, 6:45 pm

YOUR BAAACK!!! Shew without you and Musicalmomma all last week I was feeling like the lone ranger instead of one of the three musketeers! I am so proud of you for doing your best to stick with it and remember now you are back and it is time to get to shaking!

Let us know how you are doing

You were missed

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby smartipantz » March 19th, 2006, 7:10 pm

Welcome back! We missed you!

Yes, I swear by those RTDs!!! They are a lifesaver - even at work when you don't have time to mix them up. I even keep a couple in the car for those emergency situations.

Glad you bought those jeans. You'll be in them in no time. I did the same thing last month and TODAY I fit in them perfectly. Even my hubby said "wow, you look skinny in those". I said "I don't look skinny..... I'm GETTING skinny!!" He laughed.

Sounds like you kept yourself as compliant as you could on your time off. That's what counts!!!

Good luck in the coming week - and again...... WELCOME BACK!!

Smarti (Keri)
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Loribug » March 19th, 2006, 7:19 pm

Welcome back!
Loribug
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » March 19th, 2006, 8:01 pm

I've joined since you've been gone so I just wanted to say Hello, introduce myself and say I'm sure you did great!

I've traveled the entire time I've been on MF and it's not pretty, but we do what we can!

Nice to meet you!
DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Trixie » March 20th, 2006, 6:41 am

Hi Cyd. Welcome back! You may not have been able to stick to plan as close as you had liked, but it sounds like this trip was a learining experience for you. I know my frequent business trips would be a disaster if it wasn't for the RTD's and bars.

Don't fret about not fitting into those pants. If you stick to plan you'll be in those in no time. The bulge below my belly button seems to be the slowest to shrink too but the good new is it IS shrinking and I'm sure yours is too!

Trixie
2007 Start Date: 01/02/2007
Trixie
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby aphrael » March 20th, 2006, 8:14 am

Welcome back! Your new pants will soon be too big as well.

I love the RTD's, they are the only thing that keeps me on plan some days.
Aphrael

Due Nov. 16th
aphrael
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to The Weight Room