Seattle, WA....how do I pack my MF?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Seattle, WA....how do I pack my MF?

Postby cydj21 » February 28th, 2006, 8:10 am

Hey everyone! I am traveling to Seattle next week to visit my brother, sister in law and adorable little nieces. I will be gone for a week, and I am wondering how on earth to pack my MF and still have room for clothes and all the other important essentials?

Does anyone have any tips for packing MF for a plane ride, and still not taking up too much room? :D Thanks!
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby MusicalMomma » February 28th, 2006, 8:13 am

hi Cyd! My hubby travels for work. He decides what he'll eat that week and takes the packets in a Ziploc gallon freezer bag (or two) and takes it in his carry on. Hope that helps :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby falisamarie » February 28th, 2006, 8:14 am

Maybe you could try putting the packets into ziplock bags and make 1 bag for each day that way you just have to pull out one bag a day and you have your whole days worth of meals right there! Maybe it would work

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby JustLynda » February 28th, 2006, 8:32 am

I am currently packing for a 4-day trip to St. Augustine. I, too, have portioned my packets out into Ziploc bags. For each day, I am taking 2 shakes, 1 hot drink, 1 bar, and 1 soup.

I spent a teeny bit of $$ to get a couple of tupperware/rubbermaid drink containers (8-10 oz w/ leak-proof straw included). I found them at Wal-Mart and they were officially called "juice bottles." I also have a 10-oz soup Thermos. I made sure to find an insulated lunch-box that will hold the 2 drink containers and Thermos with a pocket on the outside for my bar. All of this cost me about $20, but it's an expense that I think is worth it.

Here's the plan...mix the hot drink with my morning coffee for breakfast. Then mix the 2 shakes in the "to-go sippy cups" to make my very own RTD. I will mix the soup with VERY hot water in the Thermos. I have found that if I do this first thing in the morning that any hard chunks of noodle or vegetable have softened and plumped nicely by lunchtime. Most restaraunts can provide you with a cup of hot water from their coffee/tea machine--if you're not staying in somebody's home.

All of this takes a little planning and prep time in the morning, but will hopefully make eating throughout the day a seamless and easy process.

For dinner, I am hoping to be able to find a L&G at a restaraunt---at the very least a side salad with a piece of plain grilled fish or chicken. Of course, I will be bringing my own dressing.

I hope this helps.

-Lynda
Start Date: February 18, 2006
JustLynda
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Marseilles » February 28th, 2006, 8:36 am

Have fun in St. Augustne Lynda, I LOVE that place and often take a sojourn there for day trips!
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby JustLynda » February 28th, 2006, 8:41 am

Thanks M,

Okay...really off topic for this post, but do you have any suggestions? We (my sister and I) are taking my Mom for her 70th birthday. We'll be travelling Thurs & Sunday, but will be in the city all day on Friday and Saturday. None of us have ever been there before.

-Lynda
Start Date: February 18, 2006
JustLynda

Postby Trixie » February 28th, 2006, 8:42 am

I travel alot for work and use the ziplock method as well.

When I'm going to be gone for a week I take a seperate small bag with nothing but RTDs in it. I put them in gallon size ziplocks just incase they get roughed up in the baggage compartment. So far I've been lucky!

I always carry a couple of RTDs and a bar in my carryon. You never know when your flight may be delayed and it's hazardous to be caught at mealtime in an airport with no medigrub!! I usually take a pack of MF snack crackers with me incase I get the urge to munch when the other passengers are enjoying their complimentary pretzels or peanuts.

One other thing for hotel travel...the coffee pot works great for heating the water for your oatmeal. Just don't forget to pack a spoon!!
2007 Start Date: 01/02/2007
Trixie
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby mmob » February 28th, 2006, 8:47 am

I did what Lisa said when I went to Florida - I packed the meals in daily lots and then in a 2 gallon ziploc to hold them all. It worked well and kept me on track!!!

Good Luck!

Cheers!
Maria

Started MF 1/23/06 at 204.5lbs

Let the disappointments pass
Let the laughter fill your glass.....
mmob
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby stelar » February 28th, 2006, 9:24 am

:D Hi cydj! You've had some excellent advice here but speaking as an ex-webby (Seattle resident) be ready for rain. Lot's and lot's of rain, wet rain, ruin your hair rain, I'm wet rain. It's a beautiful city but ... wet :lightening: Eastern WA (where I'm from) is dry, I live in a desert area. WA is amazing ... we have everything ... desert, snow, rain forest, cities, country, mountain ranges & greatest of all Mount Rainier. Enjoy your visit!

Washingtonian,
Stela :rose:
SD 01/18/06
199/183.5/135
stelar

Postby Marseilles » February 28th, 2006, 9:30 am

Lynda, you will not want for things to do and see, trust me. It is very touristy and offers carriage rides and the like, which can be fun. the fort there is really great if you have a thing for history. They have tours constantly and all sorts of displays. There is a little cobblestone street with a plethora of shops and things to see as well. You can easily fill two days just wandering around. I would suggest that at least one of your meals out be at The Columbia Restaurant. It is devine. Im certain you will have no trouble finding a lean and green meal there. It is very reasonably priced as well.

If you do a google search for St. Augustine Im sure you can find their CoC website. It seems to me that it is a very good one.

Good luck and have fun!
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby THINKTHIN » February 28th, 2006, 6:13 pm

Hi, Marseilles! First and foremost, have a wonderful safe trip! I love St. Augustine!

A bit off the subject as well~ this is not for a plane ride, but could do just as well!

It sounds like you already have everything in place... What I do on road trips, is buy the little water bottles that are .5 litters (16.9 FL OZ). I store them in my trunk to keep nice and cold! :-) I bring a bottle with me in the car and I drink half of the water, and use a funnel to dump the rest in the water bottle and put the cap back on and shake it up! I buy the flexible straws and use one of those when I drink the shake from that type of bottle! Sounds silly, but, hey... I want nothing more then to stick to plan! :-) Happy traveling!

~Tiesha
THINKTHIN

Postby cydj21 » February 28th, 2006, 6:17 pm

Wow! Thank you all for all of the great ideas...seems simple, I don't know why I didn't think of Ziploc bags. I just kept picturing myself trying to neatly arrange all these little MF boxes in my suitcase. Another good point was to pack it all right in my carry-on...definitely a good idea, because I have no idea what I would do if I lost my baggage and on top of it all had to be miserable eating junk all week. :shock:

Thanks again, everyone! This definitely helped.
I'm also going to look at Walmart for those juice bottles.
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby lauradr » February 28th, 2006, 6:35 pm

I also travel alot for work and use the ziplock bags as well
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Return to Weight Loss