Back from Branson and Disappointed!!!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Back from Branson and Disappointed!!!

Postby martha » June 26th, 2005, 12:49 pm

Well all of me MF friends--I"M BACK!!!
Had a really good time but only lost 41/2# in 10 days.. I really thought I would lose more.. I followed the plan-we packed ice chest everywhere we went.. took over 100 MF products with us.. some days we were late eating and some days(2) i couldn't get the last one down(the sun i think) We ate out everynight and even drank shakes between the 8 shows we saw.. Now Doug is at goal and ate alot of things I usually would have eaten but DIDN"T this time..He lost more weight than me... The only thing I had was 5 diet hard candies(35calories) each day.. of course on 3 of the 10 days I had 8 candies instead(driving and at Silver Dollar City)I even ordered special food at Dixie Stampede-- :D I went to the gym only 1 day but walked alot of miles each day(up and down alot of big hills) so I thought that was enough to really have a great loss ---I was shocked when Doug did better than me and I stayed the course and he didn't.. GO FIGURE!! :x
Anyway this morning I was so mad :x I had to have a talk with Doug so I wouldn't give up.. so far so good.. Is this normal or do you think the candies are my downfall?? just started having them on our trip..I can give them up very easily..any suggestions would be appreciated friends as I am really puzzled about this.. maybe it was to much exercise with all of the walking(10 hours a day at least)-- Glad to be back so i could talk with you all.. missed all of you--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby 24KaratGold » June 26th, 2005, 1:42 pm

I think 4.5 pounds in 10 days is pretty good, myself. Today just broke a ten day plateau for me, so I was at the same weight for 10 days despite compliance.

And men's metabolisms are different, so all we can do is ignore them when they lose so dang fast.

Congratulate yourself -- you have done and are doing quite well.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Sablebaby » June 26th, 2005, 1:48 pm

Hi Martha, welcome back!

I am new here and have been posting while you were on your trip. May I say that you did so great to stay the course while on vacation!!! :shock: Seriously though, you have lost so much weight since you started! I think losing 4.5 is great during that time. But since you walked SO much I would have to think that's why you slowed down. Also, I keep reading others who say that they slow down around 40-50 lbs lost. Maybe?

I'm glad you are back as I have read a lot of your messages and you are very inspiring! :clapclap:
Heather
Sablebaby
Trusted Member

Postby want2Bthin » June 26th, 2005, 1:50 pm

Martha-

I agree with 24K- I think a 4.5 pounds in 10 days is pretty darn good. That is almost a 1/2 pound per day! You should be proud of yourself that you went on a vacation & still had a loss!

I'm glad you had a good trip.

Angelia :D
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby martha » June 26th, 2005, 3:13 pm

Okay :oops: :oops: -

I am starting to see the big picture here.. For some reason I just thought that wasn't very good. I stand corrected and want to thank you all for the comments.. I guess I was crazy for expecting more.. Don't know what happened to my mind thoughts but THANKS again for all of your support.. Doug also thought that was good but for some reason I just didn't get it. I also forgot this isn't like the other diets--the more you exercise the more you lose thing :oops: SOOOO SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!! i guess after losing and regaining so much over the years you start to think it will come off as fast as it got on ..NOT!!! :lol: I see that now.. also forgot about the plateaus at 30-50#.. will try to be more patient in the future..and remember men do things different when dieting!! :x --It Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby martha » June 26th, 2005, 3:15 pm

Heather----Sorry about the lack of manners...

WELCOME to our forum!!!!! glad to have you aboard...Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby DogMa » June 26th, 2005, 3:20 pm

It's only my second week, I've been 100 percent compliant, I drink all my water, and I would be THRILLED to be down 4.5 pounds in 10 days.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby mytime » June 26th, 2005, 8:03 pm

We will all be thrilled - WE ARE LOSERS !!! Martha really great job while on vacation ! The only thing MF takes is time - time and compliance. I am with Sablebaby - you are an inspiration - and you lost a bunch in ten days. Every ounce brings you closer - stay with the goal - and all you can get is positive results. Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby DonicaB » June 27th, 2005, 7:23 am

Martha~~So glad to have you back from Branson. I have been thinking about you and wondering how your trip was going.

I am impressed that you were able to stay so compliant while on vacation and able to lose 4.5# to boot. You are doing great, Martha. I'm glad you see that now.

Which shows did you like best? I am anxious to hear all about your trip.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby martha » July 3rd, 2005, 5:49 pm

Hi everyone--

My mom just got out of the hospital today.. been there since the 2nd day I got home.. thanks to all of you for replying.. I realize now that 4.5# was a good loss .. don't know whyit wasn't enough.. :oops: I thought because I walked sooo much there it would be better but I am glad I stuck to the program.. we took over 100 products with us and I took 50 with me to the hospital (just incase).. gld to be back home.. Thanks again!!!!!1--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Return to Come on in.