Back and embarrassed!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Back and embarrassed!

Postby elle4nelly » January 31st, 2005, 7:59 am

Dear Friends:

It is with sadness and embarrassment that I post this message today :oops: :oops: . I started the Medifast program on Jan 25th 2004 weighing in at an obscene 254lbs. During the the 1st 35 days I lost 36lbs and then got ill and was forced to go off the plan for a while. Needless to say that when I came back it was a struggle for months on end. I made it to an all time low of 198lbs by end of November 2004. And then I let go! I am not going to make any excuses nor bother you with the why and what not. I was going full speed , I was full of hope and then I crashed! Just like that, overnight I went on a binging frenzy that didn’t stop until mid January 2005.
I weigh in a very unhealthy 229.9 lbs today. I just ordered a large shipment of Medifast and am starting this morning.
I am very embarrassed at myself and ashamed of having let go. I am not too proud, and as a matter of fact I feel emotionally sunken and disgusted with myself. I am tired of yo-yo dieting. Ihave decided this time to be on Medifast for no longer than 6 months. Whatever I the weight loss, I will take it and transition over. Unless I reach my goal of 135lbs by then.
So here I am again dear friends, hopefully for the last ride to Thin-ville Usa. I thank all of you that have been such an inspiration to me. Mike, Nancy, Pam, Tamil and so many others. So I’m back and I hope I have learned eanough about myself to make it home to thinville this time.

God Bless!

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby Marseilles » January 31st, 2005, 8:17 am

Well hello Miss Nelly, and welcome back.

No excuses required, we are all rooting for you and have faith that you can do it. Im right here with you chica, lets plug along!!!

Cheers to returning friends and new ones, we can do this.

I, for one, am thrilled to see you return!!!
-M.
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby explorthis » January 31st, 2005, 8:29 am

Nellie, welcome back. You of all people have earned the right for an additional re-start. I know you can do it, YOU know you can do it. No sadness and embarrassment needed just get on the train with us again. We all know you as the infamous conductor, so without further a due, lead us on, and steer this (is this pun or what?) train to thinsville!!!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby elle4nelly » January 31st, 2005, 1:00 pm

Thank you sooo much for the welcome!
I'm in this now and I feel confident that I can make it this time. especially with all of you by my side.

Thank you Guys!

Choo Choo!! All on Board ---- this train is moving to Thin-Ville USA!
:)

Nelly
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby RavenKat2 » January 31st, 2005, 2:18 pm

Hey Nelly! Welcome back!!!!! We missed you. :)

Kat
RavenKat2
(259)245/207/165

*new id for inspiration*
RavenKat2
Trusted Member

Postby TamiL » February 1st, 2005, 4:58 am

Hey Nellie Girl...welcome back....
Im right here with you girl, I have the struggles..the start overs...but the important thing is we DONT GIVE UP for long..we keep pluggin away at this...thats the change...the miracle of this, that we didnt throw in the towel all together....we are still here..we keep coming back!! and WE WILL MAKE IT!!
come here..read, post, shake....stay in the comfort of all these great, wonderful people who are all inspiration to us...and we cant go wrong!!
:)
nice to see you back...just brush yourself off...and start again!

Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby elle4nelly » February 1st, 2005, 8:57 am

I am glad to be back!! I hope to stay focused this time!! And frankly after seeing a 2.8 lbs drop overnight...I am thrilled to be back. I don't know of any diet that can produce such quick results. I hope to be more conscientious now than I was before. I've got to reach goal this year! And with you guys by my side I believe I can make it. Thanks for the support. Tamil, Raven kat... let's roll !!

Nelly
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby HD » February 1st, 2005, 11:51 pm

Hey there and Welcome Back :D
I too just got back on board and I don't need to tell you about the support we get here. I remember several times you gave me support back in 04 (I started 24 jan). I am so glad to see you back and look forward to future postings. I fell off the band wagon in may 04 and have had the same feelings but you know what? It feels great to be back and I'm feeling Happy and Nelly I hope my happiness spreads right over to you. Lets keep it shakin Nelly We're Back!
Jackie (HD)

01/24/2004
193/151/124
HD
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » February 2nd, 2005, 12:36 pm

Hi Nelly!

Camille here. Reporting by your side. If I can do it, anybody can. We're with you all the way through the falls and highs and lows. Go girl!
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby elle4nelly » February 2nd, 2005, 2:19 pm

Hi Camille!

Looking at your Stats reminds me of what perseverance is all about!!!!!!!! I would love to free myself of 70 plus lbs in 5 months!!! That means that by June I could be in the 150's. It's really worth it. I'm 4 lbs down in 2 days and I have a blasting headache!! I think I'm feeling the effect of my 6 weeks binge composed of eat all you can eat and drink all the Martinis you can get your hands on!!!! I have managed to get a reputation over those drinks!! My co-worker and friends call me “Lushi-tini". That’s really Sad!! I went bezerk between Thanksgiving and New Years eve. Everyday was a cause for Eating cakes, cookies, going out with friends and eating up anything.

I read yesterday in a health magazine that though some people have medical conditions that prevent them from losing weight, the vast majority of overweight women simply are not willing to pay the “Hard Price" for being thin. At first I felt a little insulted by this statement but then I had to agree!! I usually am pretty much willing to stick to a strict dietary and physical guideline for about 6-8 weeks and then it start to feel like a pain in the butt to be on such restrictive means for the sake of weight loss...then next...off the path I go. I need to be willing to pay the price. 6-7 months of medifasting. And compare to a lifetime of say 77 years.... my God what a small price to pay when the reward is fitting in a size 6 pair of Denim? I need to finally accept the fact that my of 135 lbs goal will not and cannot be met by any other mean than controlling food intake and expending energy! There’s no Voodoo about this. I need to shake until goal. Beside, compare to Atkins, weight watchers and etc… Medifast is a pretty rapid weigh loss system.

Anyway…I’m back and working hard making sure that I stick to this for 6 months. This year I want to have the summer I dreamt of having last year but didn’t because I wasn’t perseverant enough.

So here’s to medifast and a soon new body!

Nelly
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby raederle » February 2nd, 2005, 2:58 pm

Hey Nelly-- I think you hit the nail on the head! No magic voodoo, just consistent shakin' for as long as it takes. I know you'll get there; we'll ALL get there with Camille leadin' us on! Soon there'll be hoardes of shoppers at Victoria's Secret! Buy shares now!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby LongWay2go » February 2nd, 2005, 6:30 pm

Hi Nelly, so glad to see you back! I took a sabatical too but I'm back. Mine was I think a huge excuse. I was traveling for a month and it just wasn't convenient but I could have stayed on if I'd tried hard enough and I know that. The good news is, I didn't put on ANY weight but now I'm struggling to get back on the plan. I'm having a hard time dealing with meal bars, they are my enemy so I threw away a whole stash of them the other day. I also modified my auto-ship so I won't get any more of them. Any way, I've very happy to see you again along with all the other faces, familiar old and new.

~Spidey
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby elle4nelly » February 3rd, 2005, 11:43 am

Hi Guys!!

3 days down and 5.3 lbs gone! The headaches have finally left me and that hunger suppression caused my ketosis has finally kicked in. So I feel good now. I am also glad to have restarted this during the cold winter months. Somehow it is easier for me to be on a diet when it's cold outside and all I want to do is run home after work and hibernate. I really want to be at a decent body weight this summer. It would be the first time since 1998 that I would spend a slim summer. And that my friends would be the TOP!!
Actually I must confess that my 6 weeks binge had to do with emotions. I just hate December!! It's that one month of the year where I look back and over analyze my life. And then I bash myself! You Stupid Girl! You could have lost 100 lbs, you could have done this, and you should have done that. Now another year is gone and you haven't done a thing right...blah...blah...blah... All of this of course just pushed me to stuff food in my mouth. No, It's not an excuse!! It's all about me B***ing and raving about how I wish my life was like this and that and all the time not putting in any effort to change anything!! And in that Madness state it seems like everyone else got a better deal out of life. How come she eats cake and she's thin? Not fair...Ouin!!! Ouin!!!!!!!! Time to grow up and realize that I’ll get nothing for nothing!
This year, I am determined to change at least one thing. And that's the physical and mental me. That alone would be my greatest accomplishment in a long time.
Anyway. Sorry for the blabbing away...
You guys are so wonderful...
The shaking goes on ...
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby LongWay2go » February 3rd, 2005, 12:01 pm

What a great attitude Nelly and full of self-realization too! I think you may be on the right track this time and I'm pulling for you 100%

Excellent post!

~Spidey
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Return to The Weight Room