I'll Be Back...and I Could Not Be More Excited!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I'll Be Back...and I Could Not Be More Excited!

Postby cydj21 » March 31st, 2008, 1:41 pm

Hello Medifast family!

As of yesterday when I placed my order, I will officially be back to join all of you on the Medifast wagon next week. I could not be happier with the decision I have made. It has been about two years since my Medifast journey began, and I had great success losing 40lbs before the demands of being a college senior and the realities of a miserable financial situation prevented me from continuing. Since that time, I have maintained my weight, continued to lose a LOT of additional weight using a lot of the principles I learned while on Medifast (several small meals a day with emphasis on low calories, lean protein, minimal carbs, and lots of water) in combination with a fitness program.

In total I have lost about 80lbs, and am very happy with my results. Life has changed dramatically in the last two years. My then-fiance and I went through a terrible breakup which actually only served to fuel my ambitions further and I have since finished college, started/finished an MBA program, and met the love of my life whom I will be marrying next summer....although I suppose that is still technically unofficial until after we pick my ring up from the jeweler this coming Saturday. :lol: Over the last few months, despite all of my motivation to finally drop the last 40-50lbs, I have found myself running on empty. No matter how much I seem to want to lose weight, I find myself constantly waging war with myself. A car accident after which I became reliant on my roommate for transportation as I waited for insurance funds to get a new car dramatically alterted my gym schedule back in November and since then I have repeatedly lost and gained the same 5-10lbs. Getting frustrated in January, I promised myself that if by my 25th birthday (tomorrow) I had not made good, solid forward progress I would get back on Medifast which I KNOW works and that in year 25, my weight loss would be over and maintenance would begin as I look forward to an increasing number of bridesmaid dresses in the next couple of years, and even my own wedding dress.

This weekend my family will be joining me at my home in the Finger Lakes region of NY for a birthday wine tour. After that, my best friend and I will be starting Medifast together. Back when I did Medifast in 2006 she was astounded by my quick progress and now battling her own weight issues, she is looking to join me in our quest to reach a healthy, beautiful weight. Her own sister topped out at 400lbs and had gastric a few weeks ago (she is doing very well so far and we are so very happy for her) and I believe that was her final motivation to tackle her own issues before they become unmanageable. She is also looking forward to joining me in a bridesmaid dress at the altar next summer when I marry her brother-in-law whom I met when I was the Maid of Honor and he was the Best Man at her own wedding last summer. This weekend we are enjoying one last hoorah, taking our solo and together before pictures and saying good buy to Fat Kid USA as we refer to our current location.

In the meantime, I am glad to see some familiar faces and looking forward to meeting some new ones. http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4480&highlight= There is the link to my original introductory post and it features some awful before pictures. Sometime between now and Monday I will post some progress pictures. I hadn't seen these particular pictures in a very long time so I was shocked to look at my old post and see how HUGE I was...I look so very different now and I cannot wait to see what the next 50lbs brings as I end my weight loss journey and begin my maintenance lifestyle.

I'll be back and I could be more excited!
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Tawanda » March 31st, 2008, 3:17 pm

Welcome back. It sounds like you're determined, you have a plan and you will succeed with those last 40-50# just as you have in getting the previous pounds off. Congratulations on all that you've accomplished, in the weight department along with your education endeavors.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Maisy » March 31st, 2008, 3:45 pm

Hey new Girlfriend...

Welcome back...we will see you zipped in that dream dress , you wait and see. You need to beware, a few of us on the forum are a wee bit touched in the head, but laughter burns more calories ! Remember the movie Field of Dreams

If you build it
They will come...

Welll here it's like this:

If you shake
It will come off! :D
Maisy
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby summergirl » March 31st, 2008, 5:53 pm

Oh, we need to keep in touch!!! Our weight and weight goals are so similar! It would be great to keep each other encouraged. This forum is the high point of my days! I am really enjoying getting on here.

I'm excited for your upcoming wedding... How neat for you! Weddings are great, pictures are important! What is the date?! MF is so great, I just can't say enough about it! You know it works and I think you've chosen a great time to jump aboard, again!

Looking forward to seeing and hearing about your progress!

PS-My friend and I are both doing this together, also! We weigh every sunday morning and measure every 2 weeks. I made us a little spreasheet so we can document our progress! It's pretty cool to have someone to "bounce" ideas off of! :mrgreen:

Good luck!
summergirl
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » March 31st, 2008, 6:51 pm

welcome aboard (again)! Seems like you have your mind made up and i am glad you decided to join the rest of us on our journey!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby cydj21 » April 1st, 2008, 11:28 am

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I am very excited to get back at it with all of you. Summer - we will definitely keep in touch so we can track our progress. I'm looking forward to it!
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Return to Come on in.