Back again & need a hug

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Back again & need a hug

Postby ChattieCathy57 » October 23rd, 2006, 6:08 am

Hi Everyone :)

Well, I'm back ...
I first joined MF in March 2006 at 224lb ... did wonderfully and got to a 'svelte' 196 (I was SO proud of myself! I hadn't seen anything under 200 in over 15 YEARS!)

... then, we went on vacation in July and I sort of went off program. Yes, I thought I could finagle it myself (BOY! was I wrong!)

After that, I just couldn't get back in the swing of the program, and I tried twice. I would be really good and 100% on program from the very start of my day ... screw up in the afternoon and then eat at night because I was so depressed that I screwed up! (It's such a vicious circle!)

Well, I am now at 209.5 (gained 13.5lbs) and DETERMINE not to get any higher.

I know I can do this ~ just need the guts to get back 100% AND STAY THERE. I have some supplements and just ordered more through my adviser Martin.

My husband and I have a wedding in April for a man that works with my husband. I have never met a few of these people and promised myself that I would lose 50 lb before that wedding, get a beautiful dress, and have a blast! My youngest son is making his Confirmation the weekend after this wedding and I would LOVE to make a splash for relatives who haven't seen me since the old 224lbs! Another BIG event this year is that I will be 50 in August and will NOT be a fat 50 ... but a fabulous 50!

I need to be strong ... and I need the support from all of you, my MF brothers and sisters, to help me through this. you guys are awesome and have helped inspire me before.

I guess I just have to stop beating myself up over this slip and just get on with it already.

Thanks for listening to me
Peace :heart:
Cathy

Start date: 3/26/06
Height: 5'6"

... a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!
ChattieCathy57
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby ChattieCathy57 » October 23rd, 2006, 6:11 am

... I guess you should take me OUT of the the #20 club for now Unca :(

Hopefully, I 'll be back there next week! :D

Peace :heart:
Cathy

ChattieCathy57

Postby Jan » October 23rd, 2006, 7:32 am

Hi Cathy,
Don't worry :D :D--- those pounds will be leaving again. They are only hanging around for a "short visit". But your story is not unusual at all. :cry: Many have decided to go off for just a "short time" and then have difficulty getting going again. I think it's a psychological thing. Did you know that 85 % of "dieters" gain back their weight. That's why this is a program NOT a diet. Diets simply do not work in the long run. We can all Learn from their (and your) experience. If you want to part with those pesky pounds and have them gone for good.... Please follow the program, go thru transistion and then to maintenance. That way they won't be rejoining you again. You'll be Taking Shape for Life!!
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby kmr » October 23rd, 2006, 7:37 am

Welcome back Cathy! My goal is to reach my goal weight by Spring '07 too because that's when all the parties and events really start to get ridiculously busy and you end up seeing everybody that you haven't seen through out the Winter months! Even though winter season is busy enough with the holidays but you know what I mean. Oh heck... life is ALWAYS busy I might as well be honest so there is no "good" time to start. You just have to do it now. Then you don't have to worry about doing it in the future. And any events that do come around then, we'll already be at our goal weights and looking good, so that will be one less thing we have to worry about ( except what to wear because there will be so much to choose from because we'll look good in everything! :lol: ) That's the way I see it. :D We are all here for you and we will all do this together. Just stay with the program and think about how great you will look come Spring '07! :goteam:
kmr
Preferred member

Postby VictoriousNat » October 23rd, 2006, 7:40 am

Consider yourself hugged! Welcome back and congrats on still keeping off some of the original weight loss. Good luck in restarting. You CAN do it!!!
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby ChattieCathy57 » October 23rd, 2006, 7:42 am

Thanks Guys!! :hug:

My order is on its way to me as we speak. I had a cappuccino for breakfast, a shake for snack and am having an oatmeal for lunch. When I get home from work, I'll have a hot chocolate for snack. Chicken tonight for dinner with a salad and another shake for my night snack :eat:

Hope you all have a great day .. and thanks for the support :goteam:

Cathy :heart:

ChattieCathy57

Postby Elizabeth » October 23rd, 2006, 7:49 am

Cathy, sounds like you're ready to get back to business....welcome back!! Try considering your leave just a pause from your little summer vacation ;) and now you are finishing the job and getting to goal by Spring. Best wishes. Hope to see you around often.
Last edited by Elizabeth on October 23rd, 2006, 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Allie » October 23rd, 2006, 8:00 am

Welcome back! We are so glad to have you here with us again. You know the program worked in the past and it will work now. Just make the committment to stick to it and you will be looking skinny in no timke at all.

Allie
If you always do what you have always done, you will always be where you have always been.
Allie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Jan » October 23rd, 2006, 8:16 am

Whoooops :?
I had intended to give you a big HUG but you know me I'm the "just the facts person" retired teacher of course. I'm getting everybody on the "straight and narrow". :mrgreen:
But here's your H U G... if I could figure out how to use all those cute little dancingand hugging guys I would... but for now it's just HUG!! :D :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby kendra_m » October 23rd, 2006, 10:13 am

Cathy,

Sending a big hug to you!! :hug:

Glad that you found your way back here. Sometimes this journey requires detours, but you're back on the right path.

I love your nickname.... ChattyCathy was my totally favorite doll when I was a little girl!

Kendra

:hatch: Finding the new me!!
--------------
10# - 9/11/06
20# - 9/24/06
30# - 11/5/06
40# - 11/19/06
kendra_m
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » October 23rd, 2006, 11:03 am

Hugs Cathy! :hug: Welcome back!!!
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby HollyH » October 23rd, 2006, 1:06 pm

Welcome back, Cathy! You can do it, and be more successful than you can even imagine now!
HollyH

started 9/26/06, age 36, 5'2
HollyH
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » October 23rd, 2006, 9:51 pm

I'm a little late, but welcome back, Cathy! Everyone's right. You can definitely do this, and it sounds like you're ready to. So stop beating yourself up and look at the bright side: First, you're back. Second, you came back before you gained back all the weight and MORE, which is all too common. So pull up those big girl panties and let's get you thin!!

And BTW, that was MY favorite doll as a kid, too. Till one day I was teaching her how to make the bed, and she fell off and broke. I was crushed.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby VickyJ » October 24th, 2006, 3:26 am

Welcome Back, Cathy! Love your screen name!

Hugs!!

Vicky
VickyJ
Start Date: 7/8/06 166 Goal: 11/9/06 140

VickyJ
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Sojourner » October 24th, 2006, 11:55 am

Welcome back, Cathy!!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member