Appetite Suppression

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Appetite Suppression

Postby PDX_Johnson » March 3rd, 2004, 11:02 pm

Okay, today was my first day. I could only get down two chocolate appetite suppression drinks. I really didn't like the taste! I have tried the regular chocolate and liked it. Does anyone have suggestions for improving the taste?

I made it until dinner time and then blew it with a 6" lowfat sub from Subway! Not exactly the full fast! I will try again tomorrow! I am calling today my "sample" day! :|
PDX_Johnson

Postby Carrie » March 4th, 2004, 6:15 am

Try mixing the shake in the blender with some ice and let it blend for about a minute, that helps.

Also, try the Davinci sugar free syrups for a flavor boost. They have a bunch of flavors that give everything a step up.

I overwhelmingly prefer the RTD shakes. They're alot creamier and they don't have the slight grittiness of the powdered one.

Check out the Lean Cuisine topic and read up on what recipes others are using, there's a lot of good ideas there.

Good Luck,
Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Re: Appetite Suppression

Postby explorthis » March 4th, 2004, 7:28 am

PDX_Johnson wrote:Okay, today was my first day.

I really didn't like the taste!

I have tried the regular chocolate and liked it.

I made it until dinner time and then blew it with a 6" lowfat sub from Subway! Not exactly the full fast! I will try again tomorrow! I am calling today my "sample" day! :|

Yikes... Maybe the appetite suppressant ones are not for you. You said you liked the "regular chocolate ones" There are 2 types of chocolate, Swiss Mocha = gag a maggot, and Dutch Chocolate = very tolerable.

Help me understand your "sample day" Did you blow it and "opt" to go get in the car, drive to subway, order, drive home, unwrap, and eat it all because of the flavor of the appetite shake flavor? I don't mean to sound harsh, but you SPENT the money on Medifast. You have read testimonies, you KNOW based on faith from this board that Medifast will cause you to lose weight much faster than a "Jared Flavored Scoobie Snack" Let's try to not try, but to make this the day YOU stick to it, and do not succomb to temptations.

I had the option every day of driving, making a consious effort to drive to the fat-stop and order something much tastier than Medifast, but I decided this was not an option this time. I decided to let Medifast do its job, and it did.

I sound like an ogor, but YOU, and only you have to decide weather its time NOW to switch gears and use Medifast, or put it in the copboard, and start another day. You cannot do both. If now is not the time, then when you are ready to make the 100% commitment Medifast will leave you amazed.

Medifast works, please allow it to help you.

-Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Re: Appetite Suppression

Postby Jeanette » March 4th, 2004, 7:34 am

explorthis wrote:I sound like an ogor, but YOU, and only you have to decide weather its time NOW to switch gears and use Medifast, or put it in the copboard, and start another day. You cannot do both. If now is not the time, then when you are ready to make the 100% commitment Medifast will leave you amazed.

Medifast works, please allow it to help you.

-Mike

This is so true...you cannot do this program half way and expect results. It's all or nothing.

As far as the best time to start: As a good friend of mine from another board says..."If not NOW, WHEN???"
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Carrie » March 4th, 2004, 8:13 am

Hee hee heee ................. scooby snack ................ hee hee hee
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby shineface » March 4th, 2004, 9:47 am

hI--- :D

Welcome.....

We've all done the "try again tomorrow" --- with this program MF --- today is the day it starts and today is the beginning of the end of FAT life. If you are ready - this will work as evidenced by what everyone on this forum shares everyday.

It's easy to give up -- how many times have we all done it ---- NOW is decision time - you ready?

I hear that the appetite suppression shakes are yucky - haven't tryed them myself --- but the others are more than tolerable - I REALLY LIKE THEM!!! BUT I am ready and I really want to do this and lose the FAT life.

C'mon -- join us in the journey to wellness - we are a fun and caring group that will always be here. Do it for you - I promise this can be the last time you have to lose the weight if you really want it to be!!!!

WE WILL do this together!!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby moutoncove » March 4th, 2004, 9:59 am

PDX JOHNSON

DITTO TO WHAT MIKE & JEANNETTE SAID - YOU HAVE TO DO THIS ALL OR NOTHING - NOW OR NEVER - YOU HAVE TO BE READY TO COMMIT, COMMIT, COMMIT.

As for as the shakes are concerned I find that if you mix them in advance and let them sit awhile they taste alot better. They don't have that chauky, gritty taste.

What I do is drink one then mix me up another one and put it in the fridge for my next 3 hour feeding. This works great for me and they taste a lot better I find - more creamier.

I've tried the appetite suppressant but I really didn't find that they did anything for me.

The first three days are a struggle - you will be hungry - drink lots of water and make sure you take your supplements every 3 hours and make sure you get all of your 5 or 6 supplements in. After three days or so you will be in ketosis and the hunger will go away.

You have to give this your all to make this work - IT DOES WORK IF YOU WORK IT. There's nothing out there that is easier than this. You have to have discipline with anything you do - no matter how you try to lose weight. Medifast works and works fast - like no other we have found and believe me this board has tried everything out there wanting that quick fix. I have to say this is the quickest I ever been on.

Good luck. You really need to decide if you are ready to do this. If you're wishy-washy about what you want to do maybe this is not the right time for you to start. You really have to want this - like nothing else you ever wanted.

Brenda
moutoncove
Regular Member - #40 Club

Thanks for the feedback

Postby PDX_Johnson » March 4th, 2004, 7:57 pm

I'm happy to report that I had a much better day today. I switched to the "regular" shakes and liked it much better. Thanks for all of the encouraging words! I am always looking for the "quick fix" and now realize that there isn't one and that this is extremely hard work!
PDX_Johnson

Postby shineface » March 5th, 2004, 5:30 pm

Glad to hear day 2 went better----

This really does work and once you get into the groove that is good for you - just keep with it...

I am so glad that you started on with the regular shakes...

Keep shakin' and slurpin' and POSTIN'...

The whole gang here have gotten me through.

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby MamaD » March 18th, 2004, 4:21 am

Mike and Jeanette.... This was the thread that I needed to find on the boards.
I am starting again after a little sabatical... yeah right...and I needed to hear your strong words to pdx!!!
You are so right... we can't do this program half way...if we do that it is just another failed attempted to do what we have been doing all these years. This is the way I look at it....I have been loving my favorite foods for a long time.... and they are still on my hips as a reminder... I can do this for 3 days...and get over the hump...and carry on. right??? Besides that...this stuff is way to expensive to pretend that we are on the program.

I have to realize that a craving is a craving and not a "I'm gonna die of hunger" thing. Lord knows I have enough reserve to last me!!!

I need you guys to come and vacation here in Augusta with me for about 3 weeks to wipe my big fat hiney into shape!~!!~!~!~
thanks
MamaD
Trusted Member

Postby Jeanette » March 18th, 2004, 7:19 am

Hey there! I was wondering about you!!

Are you ready to continue on your journey? Do you have everything you need?

Then what are you waiting for?? Your new body and new life await you.
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette

Postby explorthis » March 18th, 2004, 7:44 am

MamaD wrote:I am starting again after a little sabatical... yeah right...

You are so right... we can't do this program half way...

I have been loving my favorite foods for a long time.... and they are still on my hips as a reminder...

I have to realize that a craving is a craving and not a "I'm gonna die of hunger"

to wipe my big fat hiney into shape

Mama.. Glad to read your post.. I had to chuckle a bit at the end of your post. I think we would be glad to come help with a “whip” I dunno about the wiping part… (All in pun)

I am not a real religious guy, but if you need a little thumping with the good book, to “whip” you into shape we can arrange this. I like the word sabbatical:

Relating or appropriate to the Sabbath as the day of rest - A day of rest.

One of my daughters and my favorite movies is the Green Mile, with Tom Hanks. There is a section where they are rehearsing the “walk” of the green mile, and one of the inmates is used as the guinea, to help the guards prepare for proper protocol up to the point of the electric chair. (They call it "ol sparky") As they are walking, he bellows in a southern 3rd grade tone “walkin-the-mile”. “walkin-the-green-mile”. “Gettin-rite-with-Jesus”. When I hear the sabbatical word, it reminds me of this part of the movie…

Anyway, sabbatical is over as you have come back to the flock. No public flogging’s as Landylue says, no Dr. Phil lectures (unless you want to pay me his salary).

Remember this, as I know for gospel truth: The food and goodies, the cake, the ice-cream, the doughnuts, the cookies, the candy are all still here. They went no where. They did not go to my hips. I was afraid that these things were not going to be here when and if I lost any weight. I like you, loved my food too long, way too long. I still love food, but now in MODERATION. Most of them do not even appeal to me now. Looking back, I cannot for the life of me figure out how I got so interested in the bad foods. I see myself now, in the regular tall shirt (I am a tall guy) not the 3XXX from Omar’s tent maker. The 38” waist slacks, not the 50” slacks, I had to pay triple markup for from the big-n-tall. I like this look and feeling much better than 3 seconds of enjoyment of shoving a donut in my mouth.

The cravings will still be there. There is no magic food pill that makes these cravings go away. As you lose the weight for the last time in your life (and it had better be, or there will be a huge thumping coming your way from Guido) you will realize it is not that hard to maintain it. It becomes fun, and the right foods, the right amounts of these foods become critically important to you.

Nuff of the Dr. Phil Schlesinger mumbo jumbo…

Medifast is the last stop! Stick with it, stick with us. We will WIPE your slate clean, and help WHIP you into shape with this forum!!

Dr. Mike…. Naa, don’t like that one. just…

-Mike
explorthis

Postby Jeanette » March 18th, 2004, 9:16 am

You know Mike it just dawned on me...

You are so frugal, I bet one of your motivations to lose weight had to have been so you wouldnt have to pay extra for large men's clothing! :):)
(340) 325/300/180
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette

Whoo Whoo!!

Postby MamaD » March 18th, 2004, 2:25 pm

Ok I made it thru the new day one of work. My only real goal today was not to eat in the lunchroom... and I did it.!! You gotta understand how much I love lunchroom food. I mean they cook it serve it...clean it up... and all for 2 bucks!! hey you can't beat it!! And todayyyyyyy was spaghetti day!!!!!!! and homemade bread day!!!!

But I did it..... I drank a zillion gallons of water... t-ted my brains out and here I am at 4:22. I just had a great cup of knorrs boulion wow was that fabulous..tons of salt!~!! That is our favorite food group you know!!

So... now, I figure I only have to make it thru 5 more hours and I can go to bed!!!

:lol:
thanks ya'll...been on the boards about a zillion times today!!
MamaD
Trusted Member

Postby granolagirl » March 19th, 2004, 2:44 pm

Has anybody had luck with the appetite suppressant shakes? I don't think they make me feel less hungry...and they are gritty, have a bad aftertaste, and don't seem to have an effect.

Better to just have a regular shake that is good and fulfilling to your tastebuds, than something gross that seems to be a "placebo" shake (that isn't too effective even in that capacity).
granolagirl
Regular Member - #20 Club

Next

Return to Weight Loss