Appetite Suppressants

Questions/Comments about Women's Health Products.

Appetite Suppressants

Postby from Amelie » July 26th, 2005, 9:15 am

Has anyone used any of the appetite suppresants in the shakes or the pills? I would very much like to hear your reaction to any of these. I am very interested but reticent because in the past, I did not feel comfortable with fiber pills, or any pill that contained chromium. Let me know please!!!
from Amelie

Postby dlr2424 » July 26th, 2005, 6:33 pm

Amelie.........I used both in the beginning...........I don't see much difference in the shakes and as far as the pills..........I only used them for a week and deceided I didn't need them..........Medifast works so awesome all by itself...........it doesn't need any help...........so save yourself the money and the uncertainty..........just MF it all the way to goal............. :yay: ............
Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Thanks Donna

Postby from Amelie » July 30th, 2005, 8:52 pm

It's in the evening that I need help. My husband and I work in the same office and at the end of the day and our relaxation used to be some really big meals together, while watching TV. We had been doing this before MF. Now, with me on MF, he's the only one having the meal I prepare every evening. It is the ultimate torture, but it tells me that I am very strong because I had not cheated and it's a month now. However, it is becoming difficult every evening. I just ate another snackbar tonight. I thought I'd better have that rather than what my husband was eating! The evenings are sheer torture. It's not even stomach hunger. It's the craving of what I was used to doing for years. I imagine, it is the learned behaviour. I must get away from it!

Thank you for your help.
from Amelie

Postby martha » August 1st, 2005, 9:07 am

AMELIE--

YES the nightime eating is a hard thing to overcome.. and cooking for someone else and not getting to eat is hard too.. I know as I cook alot and never eat it..I smell it alot :mrgreen: but try to not eat..Nightitme has always been the hardest time for me.. I would diet all day to only break it at night when everyone else was having snacks--the only problem was I would continue to eat long after everyone else stopped and went to bed.. sometimes I would lie in bed and think about the snacks or food(especially spaghetti) in the kitchen and get back out of bed again.. and yes EAT AGAIN.. :oops:
The bar was better than alot of things.. I tried the appetite suppresants for awhile and they didn't seem to help me at all.It's a mind thing just like you said but it will get better and you are doing a great job at controlling it.. Just keep saying no and your goal will be here before you realize it.. and then you can enjoy whatever you want but in moderation..good luck this week.. Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Evenings

Postby Jan » August 1st, 2005, 5:44 pm

Amelie
Hi There,
Do you like tea at all? If so I would buy myself some really yummy ones and have those in the evenings. Hot things seem to satisfy our tummies and you could just sip away. The crackers are good too. Only one package per day but you could have them with your hot tea or coffee. If you saved a meal replacement you could make yourself the "oatmeal cookies" and have them with your drink. I sometimes make myself the oatmeal pancake and have it sprinkled with splenda and extra cinnamon. Or I make the oatmeal extra thick -- you can use sugar free apple cider added to the water --that makes it taste sort of like apple pie. It is really filling too. You know on this program it doesn't matter if you eat a replacement pretty late so I'd save one to nibble along on when sitting with hubby.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » August 2nd, 2005, 12:00 am

Amelie and Martha ~

Boy, Howdy! Do I EVER know about those :twisted: night refer raids...just did one myself...

I'm having really really :whip: stressful days and sat in my office chair from 6 AM until now, my only break time was shower hour and that was stressful, too because someone flushed and someone else turned on the yard water hose...it was a hotsy totsy shower...I just ate five honkin' green olives and am having a hot cuppa Chai Latte.

:secret: I know! I know!

Let's use duct tape! :smoke:

I heard there are more colors to choose from now and not just the original silver. :shock: Perhaps it comes in animal prints... :D

Let's see if we can make a rule for ourselves, if there isn't a Medifast logo on it nd if it doesn't come in a packet, it's off-limits to us!

Whaddya think of that rule?

:bouncieball:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby dlr2424 » August 2nd, 2005, 4:34 am

THAT RULE IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............. :thumbup: ............Medifast Only..... :yay: ...Packets Only........ :yes: ........Life would be so simple....... :secret: .....and Nancy for your overly stressful days............ :hug: ...........here's to you..... :you: ....you so deserve many hugs for all you do...... :angel: .....love you to pieces

Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

DESIGNER DUCT TAPE!!!!

Postby from Amelie » August 8th, 2005, 6:47 am

THAT DUCT TAPE ADVICE IS HILARIOUS!!!! :lol: I immediately went online to look for designer ones! Cannot find them yet, but you just gave me a thought of an overnight million dollar As Seen On TV business! Thanks so much for the early morning laughter. I needed it!!!

To all that had responded and had been through the same "mill", thanks for the support. It is not as difficult now as the first time. It is amazing though that sometimes I am actually seeing myself reach for a bite, or think of having a normal meal, almost like a long lost memory, while I prepare meals for my husband. I often think of the unfortunate people that recount their experiences of losing a limb and still having sensations on that lost limb. Yes, it's that bad for me, not having bread or pasta. All those memories of Chinese Food with rice and all the wonderful things I ate that are still permanently sitting on my hips. :roll:

I am impatiently waiting for my order of those appetite suppressants. I hope it works for me. I will update here.
from Amelie

Postby Nancy » August 8th, 2005, 8:03 am

Amelie ~

If hunger looms, have your shakes a little bit closer together...until the duct tape is available....
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby sprgrammy » August 8th, 2005, 8:31 am

You gals crack me up. All of you make my day so much better. And Nancy you are the bestest (as my granddaughter would say).

mmmmm designer duct tape.....maybe a leopardy print?

Blessings, carol
sprgrammy
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Return to Women's Health