Anyone wanna listen to me whine?? LOL

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Anyone wanna listen to me whine?? LOL

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » April 18th, 2005, 8:23 pm

I had major oral surgery on Thursday April 14th and had 20 teeth removed and temporaries put in until I heal and finish losing weight so that then I can get some implants and permanents.
Now let me tell you I am just plain hungry LOL
I have a lot of trouble swallowing anything less than the consistency of OH
water :cry: and now that I am able to eat with them in everything tastes
YUCKY :shock: Even my favorite MF meals taste a LOT different with these
choppers in my mouth. I am having a hard time eating period and have some not so great hunger pains. All the food that I can consume easily is
not legal on our plan,so I am just trying to survive on pudding and oatmeal and for my lean green, Eggbeaters. I BE HUNGRY and cranky :lol: Not a good combination! Thank goodness my poor hubby had to go on a business trip this week, so at least I can grumble without him having to listen to it all :lol:
I am still pretty sore and the stitches are not fun to put anything on top of them but I go back to work tomorrow and am NOT going without that new and pretty smile! I will also probably need a translator as
a side benefit I sound like a 5 year old with a lisp due to my getting used to the new choppers This like anything else will make me stronger but honest guys give me a diet anytime compared to this!!
I am so afraid I am going to stall my metabolism from eating so few
calories that I am forcing myself to eat when I do not even want to!
Ok I am done complaining now and am going to go have an oatmeal before bed. I will start now as it takes about 45 minutes to eat a serving .
Shrinking away to just the SMILE soon ;)
Shink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby bk » April 18th, 2005, 11:01 pm

hey mary, what about an emergency order of RTDs? no chewing necessary, just slurping through a straw. maybe not the most fun thing, but way easier to do than oatmeal!

i'm sorry you're having such a rough time :( :( hang in there!
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 19th, 2005, 4:56 am

Oh I am so sorry about your dental pain! A few years ago, I had 4 teeth removed and got braces, all in two days. The pressure and pain were intense. That was 4 teeth and you had 20, poor thing. I would eat a few bites of food and then just say, "**** it!, this hurts too much!" I whined and was very cranky too. And bk, FYI, when you have oral surgery, straws are NOT recommended. The suction can cause lost blood clots, dry sockets and excessive bleeding.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

OW!

Postby Seaside » April 19th, 2005, 5:52 am

"Ouch" just doesn't quite cover it, does it? :shock: Sounds like you're going to have some beautiful new teeth soon (how many of us get that chance!!?) to go along with your ever-shrinking beautiful new body! Happy thoughts coming your way from Florida...
Seaside
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby bk » April 19th, 2005, 8:49 am

heh, can you tell i'm one of those small percentage of people who doesn't even have wisdom teeth?!

ooooooooops!
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 19th, 2005, 8:58 am

Wows, Mary, yous really beens throughs a lots! Hows longs the recovery supposes tos bes? I's hopes yous gets better reals soon. Keeps your chins up.

Did I say chins, oops! (No pun intended!) :roflmao: I was trying to share in your lisp so you wouldn't feel all alone.

Seriously though, I will keep you in my prayers for a speedy :drive: recovery.

God Bless,

DonicaB :yeah:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Soup

Postby LilMsTexas » April 19th, 2005, 9:10 am

How about slurping some soup??
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby doglover » April 19th, 2005, 10:29 am

Oh Mary - you are such a great positive light on this forum. I am so sorry you are having trouble. I had major reconstructive upper jaw surgery when I was 16 and I remember too well how aweful the thought and experience of food was! I am so sorry. I'll keep praying for your recovery and strength. :hug:
D
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby raederle » April 19th, 2005, 10:33 am

Awww... Mary, I'm so sorry you're in such misery. You of all people deserve an easier time of it! Doesn't your dentist know you've lost 90 pounds and are therefore not to be messed with under any circumstances?!?!? I hope you heal very very quickly and get back to your normal routine fast... :hug:

By the way, I actually have all 4 of my wisdom teeth because they managed to come in straight instead of sideways (about the only thing about me that isn't crooked!). So since I have a few extra choppers, I can send 'em along to you! :mrgreen:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 19th, 2005, 11:48 am

Mary, I hope I did not offend you with my poor attempt at humor. As I reread my post it didn't sound as funny as it did while I was typing it. I by no means was trying to undermine your pain. Believe it or not I was trying to cheer you up and make you laugh.

Again, I am sorry if I offended you.

DonicaB :roll:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby 24KaratGold » April 19th, 2005, 12:00 pm

Ouch!

Mary, I hope you feel better soon, and that when you have your new implants it will all have been well worth it.

Wow, what a new you there is to see in 2005!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » April 19th, 2005, 12:18 pm

Thanks all for the support and Donica you made me laugh put loud!!
I need a good chuckle right now so please don't feel bad at all!!
Rae, I agree I think if you have lost 96.5 pounds the world should treat you with great respect ;) and besides I am dangerous when hungry, if my mouth didn't ache I might just bite someone :lol:
But I have made it through the first half of the day at work without managing to drool all over myself ( a much bigger feat than you may think) and have only had to repeat myself OH about a 1000 times but I am hanging in there and have had many people tell me how beautiful my smile is :D NOW that is worth the pain!
I am sipping some soup and wearing a bib so as not to dribble on my cute new smaller clothes!
This too shall pass and I am feeling less stressed about it every hour that passes!
Thanks guys, you are all the BEST!!
3.5 more pounds to a 100 gone then you will see the new me, less pounds more grin!!
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady

Feel better soon Mary!

Postby SunnyV » April 19th, 2005, 5:47 pm

Mary, hang in there! Just wanted to tell you that you are an inspiration to us all, almost 100 lbs lost, wow! I hope I can say that in a few months! I wish you a very speedy recovery-I sincerely hope the pain diminishes ASAP.

Take care you,

Viv
SunnyV
Newbie - #30 Club

Return to The Weight Room