Anyone Else Afraid of Food?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Anyone Else Afraid of Food?

Postby alpha femme » May 22nd, 2006, 10:28 pm

I've been doin MF for a few days now, and I can't bear the thought of eating regular food. I'm afraid the LnG meal will make my appetite come back. So, I've been using the shakes, and except for very occassional dizzyness, I feel great and am not hungry. In fact, some days I struggle to get all 6 shakes in.
Do you guys find that eating regular food stimulates your appetite?

300/295/160
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Unca_Tim » May 22nd, 2006, 10:41 pm

Hi Csula and welcome to the forum,
Regular foods following the Medifast guidelines will not cause any hunger.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Dizzy?

Postby gillian » May 22nd, 2006, 11:06 pm

Drink a diet soda or some bullion (however you spell that) Maybe you need some sodium. It will help.
Have no fear- follow the plan. You will be fine.

G.
Gillian
gillian
Preferred member

Postby Sarya » May 23rd, 2006, 6:42 am

I can understand your fear, but if you eat within the guidelines it won't make your cravings come back or worsen.

What I do is buy meat about 1 - 1.5 ounces heavier than my cooked portion is supposed to be. (6 oz of beaf or 8 oz of chicken). Then I broil or bake it with spices like montreal steak or chicken seasonings (make sure none of them have sugar added). Then I grab 1.5 cups of frozen broccoli and heat it up in the microwave. Spritz it with a little can't believe it's not butter spray.. and eat.

If you have too large of a piece of meat or you have to cook a larger portion of veggies you may be tempted to eat it instead of putting it aside. So just try to only take out the portion you know you can eat and cook that.

I also make sure I have one more MF meal available to me so that I can eat again two hours later before bed. If I need a sweet fix I have a nice chocolate shake or some pudding.

If you stick with the complete plan you should go see the doctor. People on the complete plan are supposed to have regular checkups with blood tests to make sure nothing gets out of whack.

However, I would recommend you try to move over to the 5&1. It will help you learn proper portion sizes. Both in how full they make you and how big they are. This will help you out when you find yourself in a situation where you don't have a MF meal available.

--S
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby BoPeep1 » May 23rd, 2006, 6:44 am

I am scared too! I eat a L&G, but the other day I had an odd onset of nausea and had to eat some crackers. I ran out of MF crackers and had to eat saltines. I was so nervous that it would lead me into some binge!
-Brandi
Height 5'9"
Started MF on 4/3/06

BoPeep1
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby ascicles » May 23rd, 2006, 7:12 am

Sarya wrote:Then I grab 1.5 cups of frozen broccoli and heat it up in the microwave. Spritz it with a little can't believe it's not butter spray.. and eat.
'

You may want to get a little more frozen broccoli. We are supposed to have 1.5 cups after cooking.
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Sarya » May 23rd, 2006, 7:47 am

my frozen broccoli is already cooked and it doesn't seem to lose much size after heating in the microwave, but I'll check it out :)
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Ct. Yankee » May 23rd, 2006, 9:28 am

Csula, eating your lean and green during the weight loss phase of MF, will be beneficial and be a great teaching tool, later on as we enter maintenance. We are learning portion control, good wholesome foods and eliminating the need for unhealthy junk food and the like. Our bodies will thank us one day for taking such good care and control.

Personally, I think the 5-1 plan is the more realistic approach to life-long good nutrition. For me, waiting until I reach goal to consume food, is not an option, for I don't trust myself to handle 'real' food in unfamiliar quantities and choices, suddenly at goal. I am using this time on Medifast to 'program' myself for the future. Either way, much good success in the program format you choose is wished for you! :D

Joan
Ct. Yankee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby mommaof3boys » May 23rd, 2006, 1:05 pm

Agree with those about eating "real food" - in fact, I find I have days where I don't even have a "shake" since I am not in the habit of drinking them in my regular diet.

I feel like it might be easier for me to transition from Medifast real food to real food, rather than shakes all day, but I might just be kidding myself.

Anyway - I usually have an oatmeal in the morning or a muffin, then some sort of hot drink, then a bar then a soup then dinner then pudding.
Medifast start date 5/10/2006

5'6"

151/144/127
mommaof3boys
Trusted Member

Postby Jan » May 23rd, 2006, 1:47 pm

Hi there Csula,
I understand your fear of being "off and running again" We all have certain "trigger" foods that cause us problems.... but most likely they are not part of our "lean and green" :mrgreen: I know I've never seen cheetos listed an option and that's my "trigger food" :mrgreen: Hmmmmm
One of the main purposes of the lean and green is to learn portion control and to keep your body digesting other foods. Dehydrated lettuce doesn't sound toooo goood to me!!! The lean and green selection is not random. It has been scientifically designed for maximum benefit to your body without bringing on the binging. Just weight and measure everything and you'll be fine. You'll know exactly what you are to eat...no more... no less.
I'll be watching for you.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 23rd, 2006, 3:02 pm

I agree with Joan and Jan completely,

While I am scared for the future when I am thrown into the real world, I enjoy the real-world training I'm getting from the L & G (especially making good choices while eating the L & G while out at a restaurant). I've learned so much about portion control, I had NO idea what a portion was when I started...I just ate what was on my plate.

If you're doing all supplements, you NEED careful physician monitoring to make sure nothing goes out of whack! Dizzy could be just not getting enough calories or sodium or potassium...etc.

Give the l & G a try. Start VERY simply, stick to things you can easily measure that have nothing tha resembles any of your triggers and I believe you'll do GREAT!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Real Food Make ME hungry?

Postby Kimberly A Guest » May 24th, 2006, 12:40 pm

On my 5th day. By the 3rd day, I struggled to get all my food in on my L&G. I now split it up having a little bit of protein-like 1/2 oz of cheese stirred into the cream of broccoli soup and/or a VERY small salad at lunch. This has the added benefit of making my diet unobtrusive to my fellow coworkers. I don't want to hear any negative opinions. Regular food doesn't make me hungry. I CAN'T GET IT ALL IN NOW & I LOVE the shakes now.

Who knew?
Kimberly A Guest

Return to Weight Loss