Anybody Ever Feel Faint?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Anybody Ever Feel Faint?

Postby alpha femme » May 20th, 2006, 1:49 pm

in the last day or two, if i get up quickly (or not so quickly) sometimes i feel faint. like the room loses color. if i stand still for several seconds, it goes away. anyone else experience this?
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby falisamarie » May 20th, 2006, 2:25 pm

Try having a cup of bouillon. Many times the dizziness is from low sodium levels and a cup of bouillon will usually help.

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » May 23rd, 2006, 1:58 pm

how are you spacing your meals? perhaps your blood sugar levels are dropping too low.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Sarya » May 23rd, 2006, 2:58 pm

Ah I notice when this happens to me that drinking my electrolyte stuff helps immensely. Sometimes I drink too much water in too short a time and get something imbalanced. If the cup of bouillion doesn't work try an electrolyte drink like propel (NOT gatorade.. too many cals). I actually have a powder called electromix that doesn't have any calories, but it was the only stuff I found so I can't say how easy it would be to find.

--S
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DogMa » May 23rd, 2006, 3:00 pm

It could also be low blood pressure. Do you take medication? If so, it may need to be adjusted. If this continues, you need to see your doctor.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Bonnie » May 23rd, 2006, 6:48 pm

Yes, I too have experience this. I usually have a cup of broth and it takes that feeling away. It has to be broth that has salt in it. The medifast fast soup is the best! If you haven't tried it you might want to buy some. It comes in a box of 14 individual packets. I take them in my purse. That way if I stop at a restraunt I can have a hot cup of broth and my lean and green meal.

If that does not work for you - check with your doctor to see how your blood pressure is doing.

Please post again and let us know how you are.
I lost 50lbs Through Take Shape for Life

Bonnie Wills
Bonnie

Postby DntCryLilEmoGrl » May 24th, 2006, 9:16 am

i get that same feeling if my blood sugar drops too low. like they said make sure you dont put too much time between meals, thats what causes it for me
"Soon to be mrs sexy pants"
lilemo's getting married on April 6th 2008!!!!!

started changing my life 5/15/06
restarted 10/01/07
DntCryLilEmoGrl
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nova » May 24th, 2006, 9:22 am

Yes, I've had the same problem, pretty much since I started. And it's not just standing up quickly. It happens a lot, no matter if I stand up fast or slow. I'm now 2 months into it, and it hasn't gone away. I space my meals every 2.5-3 hours, I get plenty of salt from my soups and L&G, and my blood pressure is normal. Always has been. I also drink right around 64-80 oz of water a day, so I don't think my electrolytes are too low.

I guess I'll look for some of those electrolyte drinks, but otherwise, I don't have a clue what to do. Would it help to add a multivitamin every day?
244/171

Would you rather eat what you want, or wear what you want?
Nova
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Mike » May 24th, 2006, 9:26 am

I talked to my Doctor about that. I have had times when I bend over to pick something up and get light headed, and also when I get up tooo fast as well. He told me to get more sodium, and also potassium because they are both involved in similar functions.
Have some broth with something that has extra sodium. Fast soups have extra potassium. Potassium also aides with leg cramps if you get them.
Cheers :toast:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Return to The Weight Room