Another Newbie

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Another Newbie

Postby Sylvia » May 6th, 2004, 2:17 pm

Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking for a while but decided to introduce myself. I started the program Monday and have committed that this will be the last diet I do. I have about 75 pounds to lose (or should say I had 75 to lose since I am down 6 pounds in three days!) and am doing the full fast. The first day was hard and I was starving but I am no longer physically hungry. I haven't been thinking too much about food except for this time of day but have decided to check this board if time allows instead of thinking about when I'll have my next real meal.

I've also decided that I really need to approach food differently. We're conditioned to think about every event, celebration, etc., as being connected to a meal or eating experience. I'm going to try to stop doing that and plan other fun things to do instead.

I'm also already thinking about maintenance (because I'm that confident I'm going to succeed) and wonder whether anyone who has reached that point can provide any guidance on how to approach the post-weight loss phase. We obviously can't go back to old habits and need to start thinking about new, better ones earlier rather than later. I'd appreciate any direction anyone might have.

Looking forward to losing with you!
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby explorthis » May 6th, 2004, 3:01 pm

Sylvia,

Welcome to you, and welcome to our support board. You will not be sorry you joined us.

I know about Maintenance, as I have been on it for aloes to 5 months, after successfully losing 113 pounds on the Full-Medifast-Fast.

I am not prepared to share in depth here my total maintenance plan. Many here are still “Medifasting” and I don’t think it fair, to move the board subject over to this area yet. Many are approaching a huge loss, and will be beginning maintenance soon.

Tim has created a maintenance room on this forum for this exact topic. Nancy and I (Nancy is the board owner and the reason this board is here) have reached the loss we wanted.

I will eventually share everything I know, and how I maintain. Others might chime in and share now...

Again, welcome!
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Landylue » May 6th, 2004, 4:10 pm

Sylvia! It's much too early to start thinking about what you are going to be able to eat during maintenance. Get that mind off of food altogether, girl! This is a time to break free from our obsession with the food. And it's not as easy as you'd think. At least it wasn't for most of us. Here's hoping you'll sail through your first few weeks. When the time comes, Mike and Nancy are the experts out here.

So glad to have you joining us on the forum. Whenever you are tempted to nibble, get out here and read all the posts you can. Write new ones--whatever it takes to get you through that weak moment.

Good luck, and DON'T take that first bite!

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Sylvia » May 6th, 2004, 6:44 pm

Thanks for bringing me back to reality! Of course you're right - guess I'm getting just a bit ahead of myself - there are hundreds of shakes between now and maintenance! I'll put off that conversation for a bit.

Although it probably doesn't seem like it, just taking it one day at a time. Looking farther out than that makes it too hard.

So far so good, but I know I'll be looking to you guys for support as the days go by.
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Landylue » May 6th, 2004, 7:45 pm

Oh, you are going to make it just fine--I can tell!

You said, "Although it probably doesn't seem like it, just taking it one day at a time. Looking farther out than that makes it too hard." You are so right about looking too far out making it harder. I'm committed to doing the full fast until the end of August. When I think of it in those terms, I get a definite sinking feeling. Sometimes, taking it a day at a time is hard to hold onto. But, when I take it one SHAKE at a time, it's a piece of cake--well, you know what I mean. We can do anything when we've made up our minds to.

Just take it one shake at a time.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby shineface » May 12th, 2004, 8:08 am

Welcome!!!!!!

Believe me - most of us started out as LURKERS now we're LOSERS!!!

I am a BIG LOSER --- I haven’t been on line much lately because my job has had me really busy --- BUT I feel it is so important to let you know that you are in the right place!!!

I still get in here and read as many posts as I can – just not enough time to answer all of them or put my two cents in --- it’s driving me crazy BECAUSE this forum is life-saving!!! The information, people, care, concern and MF of course is what has given me the strength to achieve the awesome results I have gotten. THIS IS THE LAST DIET WE EVER HAVE TO GO ON – the last time I ever have to lose this weight!!!!

I am so glad you are here!!!!! AND look forward to being able to share on a more regular basis ---SOON – I need everyone!!!!

Keep shakin’ and readin’ and postin’ and slurpin’ and drink-drink-drink as much water as you can take – the whole combo is so important and….

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Come on in.