Another newbie

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby BerkshireGrl » November 14th, 2004, 10:52 am

Oh Leopardy One,

Please do not slink away with your head held anything other than proud & high! Your guidance and support and bushels of knowledge about nutrition have aided all of us, myself certainly included. :heart:

Thank you for sharing the brain-ola info... The brain and the connected body are such fascinating creations! The miraculous way in which they perform their functions is quite a testament to The Overall Grand Design. :bow:

I agree 110% that Medifast is a strict protocol, not to be followed haphazardly with undercutting the meal schedule. It works, boy, you better believe it... but it is not some little "Lose your gut in 5 days!" flex program you pick up in tiny book form in the grocery check-out line.

Back in the day, when I was a teen, I watched my mom struggle to keep her weight down while working as a Weight Watchers Leader. She was extremely thin, and trying to maintain on 600 calories a day! She did not pay attention to nutrition, only the caloric bottom line. She smoked packs of cigarettes and drank tankers of coffee. The day came when her nutritional deficit caught up with her and it was a frightening thing to witness... Due to messed-up electrolyte balances, one morning her heart went into severe overdrive, and she collapsed on the kitchen floor, shaking and hyperventilating, and was unable to stand back up. She ended up getting rehydrated by IV in a hospital. Scary stuff man!

Your body and your ticker are delicately maintained by electrolytes and your diet's nutritional balance. Mess with them at your peril! Leopard Woman is gonna get you and shake some nutritional sense into ya! Grrrr!

:puma:
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » November 14th, 2004, 11:14 am

Welcome Mom2seven!

Boy, you and I think a lot alike in that the less you eat, the less you will weigh. That's one of the biggest and hardest misconceptions I've had to overcome on this plan. I wanted it off FAST, and logically, you'd think that theory would work. But it really doesn't. As a matter of fact, I was doing 6 shakes a day for the first 5 days because I hadn't found this forum, and read only the Quick Start Guide which recommended between 5 to 7 shakes a day on the complete plan. So, I thought 6 would be good. I still lost 20 pounds the first month! Just believe in what Nancy says, she has seen first hand how the stuff is made, and how much medical professional expertise is a part of it. We have to completely change our thinking about food and starving to lose weight if we ever want to have a working metabolism again. You're gonna do fine I can tell already Mom2seven. You've got the right attitude! Much success to you!

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby fedup » November 15th, 2004, 1:53 pm

Oh yeah, been there, done that (with the idea that eating less will make me lose faster!) Not since MF of course!, but in my pre-MF days I would "diet" by cutting so far back that I had hardly any calories, but unfortunately I also had hardly no protein, vitamins or nutrients. I cut the calories but didn't think about the quality of the calories going into my math! So after a great week or 2 my weight loss would stall and I'd be starving but losing no weight! (My body definitely was in "starvation mode.") That's what comes from not including the proteing and nutrients we get from our MF huh! ;)
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Previous

Return to Come on in.