Another Newbie question

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Another Newbie question

Postby sherry2232 » June 9th, 2006, 4:17 pm

I am on day two of MF and have a question (maybe a dumb one, but you all seem so nice!). When measuring 2 cup of salad, do you measure by weight or by volume?? I have learned so much info from these boards, you all are wonderful!!

Hope to lose 60lbs. Like many of you, I have tried many, many diets and have failed many, many times. So far on MF I will admit I get pretty hungry at times but have managed to make it through without giving in--- your words of encouragement talk to me in the back of my little pea brain :)

Thanks.
Sherry
sherry2232

Postby JKSRN » June 9th, 2006, 4:37 pm

Hi, welcome!

I measure my salad greens by volume. A two-cup measuring cup works well. Two cups is about two loose handfuls of greens. Probably best for you to use a measuring cup---also, don't pack the greens tight in the cup. This is my school of thought, others may differ. Lots of success is wished for you on the program. :D Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Another Newbie question

Postby sherry2232 » June 9th, 2006, 5:35 pm

Thanks for your reply, Joan. Was hoping for the "measure by weight answer" but the 2 cups in a measuring cup should be enough - will have to be!! I'm determined not to go off course so to speak. I'm excited about this journey, that's for sure and can't wait to weigh myself for the first time.
Thanks again!!
sherry2232

Postby sherry2232 » June 10th, 2006, 8:00 am

Hi Vicky!

Thank you for the warm welcome :wave: :wavie: :wavie:

I couldn't stand the suspense and weighed myself this morning (3rd morning on the program) and am happy to see I'm down 3lbs.!! If that's not motivation to fill up my big belly, I don't know what is. Right here and now I vow never to feel hungry and will continue to plug along! Like you said, soon I will feel full after getting more used to the plan. I can do this :D
sherry2232
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby falisamarie » June 10th, 2006, 11:24 am

Congratulations on your loss! As far as the salad goes I usually pack mine in pretty good and my losses have been great.

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby JKSRN » June 10th, 2006, 6:39 pm

Good for you with your loss. You are off and running! :D
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby Elke » June 11th, 2006, 3:26 pm

Hey Sherry, welcome to the group. As you can see this diet does work, stick with it and you will loose.
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » June 12th, 2006, 9:14 pm

Hello Sherry! Glad to have you with us! I personally just throw the greens in the measuring cup (not necessarily pack it in) and if I feel like it's not enough, I throw a little more greens on top. I figure it wouldn't make a difference since it had never been said whether to stuff the measuring cup or not!!!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby sherry2232 » June 13th, 2006, 7:24 am

lifelovinaries wrote:Hello Sherry! Glad to have you with us! I personally just throw the greens in the measuring cup (not necessarily pack it in) and if I feel like it's not enough, I throw a little more greens on top. I figure it wouldn't make a difference since it had never been said whether to stuff the measuring cup or not!!!

I'm doing the same thing and I guess it's ok cause I am now down 6 lbs!!! I'll be at 10 before I know it! I just can't believe this! I am soooooo happy!!!!!
Thank you all, I couldn't do it without you. What an encouraging group of people :yourock:
sherry2232
Regular Member - #20 Club

Return to Come on in.