Another Newbie Here!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Another Newbie Here!

Postby RobinA » April 10th, 2005, 12:08 pm

Hi,

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Robin and I live in Minnesota. I just started Medifast yesterday, so far so good! I started to get a migraine yesterday and as soon as I felt it coming on I took my medicine, so it went away pretty quick (thank god). I've been running to the bathroom so much, I actually used up a whole double roll of charmin by myself :shock:. I didn't know that was possible!

I've been pretty thin all my life, up until a year and a half ago, I got kicked in the jaw by my horse (yes, I still do have him :lol: ). Well I was layed up for almost 6 months and most of the time, all I could eat was soft foods ie. mash potatoes, macaroni and cheese, etc. Then just as I started to get some what better, I twisted my ankle and developed tendonitis and ended up spending 3 months in a cast, on crutchs. Did I happen to mention, I'm really accident prone! Well anyways, now I need to lose 35 lbs, to get back to the weight I used to be. I'm really hoping Medifast will help me do that.

I really love this forum! By reading all the posts and hearing about how well everyone is doing on Medifast, it made me take the plunge. So thanks everyone for making this such a wonderful forum!
RobinA
RobinA

Postby kassilou » April 10th, 2005, 12:22 pm

Welcome, Robin. Sorry to hear about your accidents. I'm sure this program can help you reach your goal.
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby doglover » April 10th, 2005, 1:04 pm

Yikes Robin! Tow whammy's! Welcome to the post. I KNOW you will have success here!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby raederle » April 10th, 2005, 1:54 pm

Welcome, Robin!

You'll be happy to learn that MF is pretty much foolproof, even for accident-prone types! The packets have no sharp edges, the mixing can be done without knives or forks, and you don't have to cut your celery sticks if you don't wanna... ;) Just kidding! I'm glad you found the strength to heal yourself, decide to lose weight, and get healthy again-- we're here to help however we can. Good news, too-- a few folks here have reported that their migraines and chronic headaches have actually subsided once they got into the swing of things on MF. I hope that happens for you, too-- make sure you keep your meds handy, and be sure to get enough water and sodium, a lack of which can bring on headaches, it seems. Good luck!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby RobinA » April 10th, 2005, 3:35 pm

Thanks everyone. I really hope this works, I am very determined.

Raederle, you're very close to the truth, thank god nothing has sharp edges! I'm so accident prone when I tell people some of the accidents I've had, they can't believe it. Unfortunately, the headaches (migraine, severe tension, TMJ headaches) probably will not go away, about 19 years ago, I was coming down out of the cockpit an airplane (I was in the Air Force) and got hit across the back of the head with a metal grate and I've had headaches ever since. I keep telling my husband he needs to take a really big insurance policy out on me, because someday it will pay off! He doesn't think its very funny though.
RobinA
RobinA

Postby scrabbler7 » April 10th, 2005, 6:20 pm

Hi there Robin -- Just wanted to throw my hello and welcome in with the rest of the clan!
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » April 10th, 2005, 7:29 pm

Hi there, RobinA ~

Sheesh! You have been a trouble magnet - uh, that is until now!

We trust that as you slurp, the Medifast macronutrients will set up a protective veil all about you and repel skanky stuff from your bod.

Hey - just an idea here - since you were bonked with that metal grate, and kicked by the horse, you might want to consider the Medifast Plus Joint Health shakes - the glucosamine and chondroitin may help relieve some of your pain. Use two - three per day in place of the MF 55 shakes.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.