Announcing Spidey's Old-Tyme General Store and Fat X-Change

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Announcing Spidey's Old-Tyme General Store and Fat X-Change

Postby LongWay2go » September 17th, 2004, 6:43 am

Announcing a limited (but very Grande) opening of Spidey's Old-Tyme General Store and Fat X-Change.

At Spidey's, the only currency accepted is fat pounds. The only item we offer for exchange is good-ole American dollars, as in CASH-OLA!

Here are the rules:

1. You must be a regular participant on the MMT discussion board.

2. You must be a "Preferred Member" with more than 100 posts. This is required because you should be giving as much support as you are receiving.

3. You must participate in the weekly Sunday morning weigh-in's on a regular basis. This doesn't mean you must weigh in ON Sunday but if you weigh-in on a different day, you must post your results in the Sunday weigh-in for that week.

4. When you reach your goal, you must post before and after pictures in the Studio.

5. The current exchange rate is 2 pounds of fat for 1 good-ole American dollar.

6. To collect your reward, you must meet the following criteria:

a. You MUST post your beginning/current/goal weight regularly.

b. You may only participate in the exchange AFTER your goal weight has been reached.

c. Since this is a limited time offer and to make it fair for everyone, if you have in excess of 100 pounds to lose, you can make a tentative claim to "lock in" your reward when you are half-way to your goal, but you may not collect until the goal is reached. This is to insure that those with lots of weight to lose do not get shut out of this limited time offer.
    7. No personal identifying information is required. I am not asking for your address or contact information. When you meet the above requirements, I will send your reward to Leopard Woman and she can forward it along to you.

8. You can use your reward for any purpose except binge eating. New clothing to cover your beautiful new skinny body is highly recommended! You may also choose to donate your reward to the Leopard Woman fund, which is used to help fund less fortunate users who would like to lose weight but cannot afford to purchase the MF products.

9. Those already at their goal and on maintenance are not eligible. You already HAVE your REWARD! This is intended as a motivational tool for those who are not "there" yet!

10. You must LOVE your new self!

Hurry, as funds are limited! Join Spidey's BIG LOSER club and BE PROUD of your accomplishments!
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby LongWay2go » September 17th, 2004, 9:02 am

PS - Now you all know why I was asking for stats in the Sunday weigh-in forum! ;)

- Spidey
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Postby DutchChoc » September 17th, 2004, 9:25 am

Wow, Spidey. You're almost too much of a surprise sometimes!! So amazingly generous to provide a real-life incentive in a setting like this -- I have to doubt that such a thing has ever happened before. It brought tears to my eyes just thinking that anyone would do that much to help or encourage anyone else.

Now I understand Mike's reference to the cash award... I guess he almost let the "spidey" out of the bag on that one, lol.

Mostly, I thought your surprise was going to be an AI system you might be developing to log our progress or suggest solutions, like you developed for the software calls. Funny. You are a dear man.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby Simmshe » September 17th, 2004, 9:40 am

Unbelieveable Gerald! If more people had even a tiny percentage of your generous spirit, this world would be better off for it :)! Thank you for your continuing kindness and generosity and for teaching by example :hug:!

And by the way--I'm in :)! I can never turn down a challenge or motivational tool ;)! Thank you Gerald :).

Sheryl
Restart: 5/01/05
333/280/155

Original start: 7/13/04-12/12/04
High weight (1997): 386lbs

Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure--Confucius
Simmshe
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Jeanette » September 17th, 2004, 9:58 am

Did someone say CASH???? :shock:

Gerald, that is an awesome incentive....when does this start...this week?
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby LongWay2go » September 17th, 2004, 10:07 am

It's already started, Jeanette my dear, and you are weeks from claiming your share if you keep true to yourself! Good luck to you, and to all! This will be SO MUCH FUN for all of us!

-Gerald
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Postby Jeanette » September 17th, 2004, 10:10 am

Awesome!! I definitely want in this! When I get my prize, I'm not keeping it for myself--it will all go into the Leopard Woman Fund for people who need MF and can't afford it.

Gerald...I hope the only thing about you that stays big is your heart....:)
Thanks for being so generous!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette

I am no where near 100 posts,

Postby JeweloftheNile » September 17th, 2004, 11:15 am

but just wanted to say I think it's great that you care enough about others to offer encouragement. Most like a challenge and a challenge with a double bonus is even better!

Thank you for the kind and caring offer!
JOTN
9/3/04
229/207/144-148

1st Goal 209 Oct 26 2004
2nd Goal 199
3rd Goal 179
4th Goal 165
5th Goal 158
6th Goal 148
Goal 144-148 maintained.
JeweloftheNile
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby LongWay2go » September 17th, 2004, 11:27 am

You'll get there, Jewel! This isn't a one week thing! It will be around for a while. Spidey's is well-funded!

Jeanette - how generous of you, and I know you'll make it too! ;)

-Spidey
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Postby LongWay2go » September 17th, 2004, 11:38 am

DC and Sheryl are right on the "money"! This is a motivational tool because I care about all of you and I want you to all be successful in achieving this life-time goal. I'm just trying so hard to come up with imaginative and fun ways to help us all reach our goals. I very well think DC may be one of the first winners too! She's SO very close!

DC, about that software idea you had, I don't talk about software much because I don't want to use the discussion as an "advertisement" for my stuff but I DO have a product that is used to track your workout results and weight loss/gain. It's great for gym users, cyclists, runners and walkers. It's for PalmOS devices only but should any of you have need for such a thing, drop me a PM!

-Spidey
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » September 17th, 2004, 11:44 am

ROFL! What a surprise! I had no idea there were other peopl out there like my DAD! LOL

Growing up, my dad used to reward with cash for everything....the most profitable word ever heard in my house always started with him cracking his knuckles, furrowing his brow, and saying, "I'll make ya a deal....." LOL

"We're in the money...lalalala....we're in the money.....lalalala...."

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna

Postby Sylvia » September 17th, 2004, 11:49 am

Hey - count me in too - I'll be collecting pretty soon! I'll also donate my "winnings" to the LW MF fund.
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby LongWay2go » September 17th, 2004, 11:59 am

Susanna, you never fail to :hatch: me up! I can see you dancing now! Sylvia, yes, you will be collecting soon, and thank you for your generosity!

Spidey must attend to the window seals, door jambs and baseboards, as sister will be here tomorrow performing the white glove inspection! ERK! Be back soon!

-Gerald
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Postby Unca_Tim » September 17th, 2004, 1:29 pm

Spidey,
Great idea!!

I'll make a challange. I'll match your cash-ola for qualifying members.

Anyone else?
:)
Unca

PS: Think I'll make a "Helping Hands" room or something like that for your "Fat-Xchange" and LW's fund.
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby LongWay2go » September 17th, 2004, 1:42 pm

Unca, what a TERRIFIC idea and how GENEROUS of you to match! With all of us working on this together, we're gonna slim everyone right out of their pants!

-Spidey
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Next

Return to The Weight Room