Announcing New AntiOxidant Products Available Mid June 2008

Check in for our Monthly Specials.

Announcing New AntiOxidant Products Available Mid June 2008

Postby Nancy » June 2nd, 2008, 6:38 am

:wavie: Hullo and howdy there, MakeMeThinner Readers and Shakers ~

:coach: We are :yippee: happy to tell you about the launch of a brand-new product line –

Medifast Antioxidant Products.

:secret: Antioxidants are :angel: good things; they promote a healthy :heart: cardiovascular system.

The new line contains both Shakes and Flavor Infusers:

o New Whey-based Medifast Shakes with antioxidants can be used as part of the 5 & 1 Program along with other Medifast Meals and Shakes –

:shades: Check out the three new flavors
Blueberry, Cherry-Pomegranate, and Dark Chocolate
- $18.95 per box of 7 servings.

These are great for folks with soy sensitivity or soy allergies!

o Medifast AntiOxidant Flavor Infusers™ - These are not complete Medifast Meal replacements like the ^ above shakes but can be used to flavor and enhance a bottle of water while providing 1,000 ORAC units of antioxidants as well as 15 mg of resveratrol, an ingredient found in red wine that has shown to support good health.

:secret: The AntiOxidant Flavor Infusers™ differ from the Momentum Flavor Infusers™ which contain 100 mg Caffeine and 90 mg of Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG).

The AntiOxidant Flavor Infusers™ can be used up to five times daily and not jeopardize the fat-burning state if you are on the 5 & 1 Program and in unlimited amounts by those not seeking to maintain a fat-burning state.

Each serving contains 5 calories and 2 Carbs.

The AntiOxidant Flavor Infusers™ are available in three new flavors –
Citrus Margarita, Raspberry Acai* (pronounced “ah-sigh-ee”), and White Grape Peach
- $21.95 per box for 21 individually packaged servings.

~ Both products support ~

:heart: Cardiovascular health

:dooh: Brain function and :scratch: mental acuity

:glasses: Optimal vision

:exercise: Balanced blood sugar levels

:yes: Healthy aging
:oops: Urinary tract function :runner:

These products will be available for purchase mid-June…

Antioxidants are measured in ORAC units.
Experts suggest consuming between 3,000 & 5,000 ORAC units a day for the best possible health.

You may be wondering to yourself, :scratchhead:
“What in the world are antioxidants anyway?” :huh:

We are exposed to things every day that can weaken our cells and leave them vulnerable to damage.

:shock: Stress, :goldprowl: pollution, :smoke: cigarette smoke, :muahaha: fried foods, and other factors expose us to free radicals; the molecules that damage cells :shoot: , contribute to tissue :whip: damage, aging, and :cry: certain diseases.

Like a shield, antioxidants help to :tomato: block the cell damage caused by free radicals.

Yeah! Let’s hear it for antioxidants! :cheerleader:

The more antioxidants there are in a particular food,
the healthier the food is for you.
Many foods such as berries, pomegranate, and dark chocolate have large amounts of antioxidants in them naturally.

:hmmm: Perhaps you’ve heard of resveratrol and the French Connection –
resveratrol is an ingredient found in red wine; commonly :pour: slurped by the French who seem to have a lower incidence of :heart: heart disease.
Resveratrol has been shown to :lightbeam: block free radical molecules, calm :hammerhead: inflammation and help the body :lightsword: fight germs.

Anti-oxidizers may help with pre-mature aging and O-o-oh - yeah, as I’m approaching my 60th anniversary of :birthday: birth in a few months, the anti-aging anti-inflammatory benefits greatly appeal to me… :bananadance:

[What in the heck-o-lah is acai?

:no: Never heard of ‘em?

:puter: Well, acai berries are from the acai palm found in the Amazon rainforest of Brazil and have high levels of antioxidants, the fatty acids omega-6 and omega-9 (they are the ‘good’ fats that help to lower the ‘bad’ cholesterol), iron, fiber and amino acids. Acai berries have twice the antioxidants of blueberries and ten times the antioxidants of grapes.]

:thumbsup: Consult your physician or health care provider before using products with resveratrol if you are taking certain medications (including anticoagulants, antihypertensive, immunosuppressant, or cholesterol-lowering prescriptions) or if you are preggers or lactating.

The Whey Protein Shakes with antioxidants are :goldstar: diabetic-friendly and fat-free; they are complete meal replacements.
Each shakes has

90 calories
14 grams protein
14 grams carbs

They taste good, too! :cheermed:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Re: Announcing New AntiOxidant Products Available Mid June 2

Postby Mike » June 2nd, 2008, 12:12 pm

Nancy wrote:
[What in the heck-o-lah is acai?

:no: Never heard of ‘em?

:puter: Well, acai berries are from the acai palm found in the Amazon rainforest of Brazil and have high levels of antioxidants, the fatty acids omega-6 and omega-9 (they are the ‘good’ fats that help to lower the ‘bad’ cholesterol), iron, fiber and amino acids. Acai berries have twice the antioxidants of blueberries and ten times the antioxidants of grapes.]

I was wondering myself. Thanks Nancy.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » June 2nd, 2008, 9:17 pm

Hey, Kids ~

:hmmm: I've been trying to :scratchhead: figure out what the Cherry-Pomegranate AntiOxidant shake reminds me of and it :dooh: dawned on me, it tastes sortta like a cherry Mr. Misty that you get from the Dairy Queen!

I whirled it up in my Health Mate Blender with a lot of ice - it gets really foamy...glug, glug :guzzle: can't wait to hear your thoughts, especially when others out there in MakeMeThinner Land have tasted the various flaves...

According to Dr. Andersen, the Medical Director for TSFL and Medifast, "Supplementation in this day and age has become necessary, especially when Americans are pummeled with outside factors that raise the inflammation within our body – whether or not you live in a suburban or urban area, there are outside factors that influence our health. Consider the average American’s food intake, we want to make sure we are minimizing free radicals and the oxidative stress to which we are subjected.”

Dr. Andersen explained the antioxidants are similar to big fire hoses that can blast :lightbeam: away the oxidization process; they help scavenge oxygen, and help our body to :weightlift: power-up the cells to defend :lightsword: itself free-radical damage.

The addition of the strong antioxidants in our new whey-based AntiOxidant shakes and the AntiOxidant Flavor Infusers™ is a great compliment to our line of products.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Monthly Specials