3 and half weeks and loving it

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

3 and half weeks and loving it

Postby AnnaKat » February 25th, 2005, 7:12 am

Hi, thought it was time for me to post and introduce myself. I've been lurking on here for 4 weeks and I wanted to say how great this site is and glad for all the support everyone gives.
I'm 29 and have struggled with weight most of my life. Whether it was just 20 lbs or 100lbs. I feel like my whole life has been a diet. Just within the last 5 years have I gained the most weight. I was in a bad relationship and I coped by drinking and eating. I finally ended that relationship, but still self destructed for 3 years. I would be trying to diet the whole time, but I'd sabatoge myself each time, losing, then gaining it back plus some. I considered the surgery at my all time high weight of 282 lbs, but luckily my insurance didn't approve it. I'm glad I didn't go to that extreme. But I was still heavy, doing Atkins.. but after awhile, all that meat and cheese and fat really gets to you.
Then this girl at work was on Medifast and she dropped 20 lbs and looked great. I finally decided to order for myself and the results are phenomenal.
My first week I lost 12 lbs! The second week I lost another 6. The third week I didn't lose anything, but it was that time of the month. My next weigh in is Sunday. Hopefully I'll be in the 20# club! My clothes fit better, I feel wonderful. I just try to keep myself busy so I don't think about eating or drinking.
I hope to reach my goal of 150# by my 30th birthday, October 29.
I think this diet is wonderful and only wished I knew about it sooner. But there is a time for everything.
Thanks for reading my ramble, good luck to everyone and keep up the good work. :-P :goteam:

Started MF 2/1/05
272/254/150
AnnaKat
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby raederle » February 25th, 2005, 7:40 am

Hi AnnaKat, and welcome! I completely sympathize with you about being overweight most of your life, and about being on diet after diet. As you probably learned from reading the posts here, a lot of us have been there, too!

I'm glad you found MF and especially glad that you found this board! I think it's an invaluable resource and the people are phenomenal... there's an awful lot of combined strength and wisdom here that I rely on every single day.

Thank you for coming out of the shadows and sharing your story! It sounds like you're having great success so far; I know it will continue if you stay on track and let MF do the work.

Welcome!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby monkeymom » February 25th, 2005, 12:55 pm

Hi there AnnaKat. Glad you decided to reveal yourself!
From the sound of things, you started about the same time I did. Isn't it amazing how quickly you start to feel like a different person, not to mention look like one too? :)
You've got a great attitude, keep it up and you'll do great on this plan. As rae said, you have certainly found a great place for support, ideas, etc. But if you have been lurking for awhile, you alread know that, don't you?

Have a great weekend. Hopefully the scale will catch up with your hard work this weekend.
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby doglover » February 25th, 2005, 1:06 pm

I wanted to chime in a hi AnnaKat too! Welcome and keep reading. These people are so great! Good job on the weight loss! That is fantastic!!!

Donna :-P
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby dlr2424 » March 2nd, 2005, 10:16 am

Annakat.....A HUGH WELCOME....looking forward to sharing the journey with you....CONGRATULATIONS on your losses so far..that is awesome...those lbs. will be melted away by bikini time...so keep on shakin :dance:

Donna
45 yrs
2-9-05
177/167.4/120

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.