Alohacate

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby alohacate » August 11th, 2006, 4:06 pm

I'm doin fine, haven't slipped off the plan - not once! I'm no longer embarrassed to eat my supplements anywhere. Had an office party yesterday and everyone was eating bentos - me, I was enjoying some (yucky but tolerable) Minestrone soup. I'm to the point where I don't care what it tastes like - I just want to keep losing. I'm going to try and make "to go" shakes this Sunday. I have to work so I am planning on mixing the shakes and then pouring them into empty water bottles. I hope it works. The ready made shakes were a bit pricey.

*sigh* I miss my scale. 21 more days.
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby JeepGirl » August 12th, 2006, 7:34 pm

Hey Girl! Just checking in with ya! You are doing marvelous!!!
Before I fell in love with RTD's I made my shakes, put them in water bottles, and either froze them or just got them real cold in the cooler when I had to travel and it worked wonders!

You are well on your way and I cant wait to see the final result!! :D
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Major Scale Stall

Postby alohacate » September 25th, 2006, 3:37 pm

It seemed like I was melting away, then *BAM* the scale stopped moving. Only one little pound gone over almost a week and a half. I am so close to the "half way" ......... when will these last two stubborn pounds go so I can reach One-derland?? In less than three months I have lost a total of 48 pounds - simply amazing. I shouldn't complain! My hunger finally stopped, it took about 2 1/2 months for my hungries to go away. I did have to deal with heartburn for several weeks and a weird stomach thing (loose stools). I added lowfat cheese to my lean green and it helped with the acid/ loose stools, however, I am afraid that the sodium in the cheese is stalling my progress. I actually was able to run a few nights ago at work - up a parking ramp and I wasn't even gasping for air!! I've started to ponder a transition/ maintenance plan which I will hopefully start into in three more months!!
alohacate

Postby kmr » September 25th, 2006, 4:29 pm

Cate,
48 lbs. in less than 3 months is absolutely amazing! I hope I've made that much progress at my 3 month mark! I think on a program like M.F. where you lose weight alot faster than usual, but at the same time are slowing your metabolism down, every so often your body needs to just take a break and readjust to whats going on with it. Then once it does it continues dropping the pounds again. Just think about it.... on most diets you're LUCKY if you lose 2 lbs. a week on a steady basis. So say you were one of the lucky ones and actually lost 2 lbs. every single week for three months. Average 4 weeks in a month x 2lbs. = 8 lbs. a month x 3 months = 24 lbs. (If your lucky). You have already lost DOUBLE that! So on this plan you could have a platau for a while and still reach your goal way faster than if you were on most of the other diets out there! And the thing I like is I don't have to worry about grocery shopping for "special" foods you need for most of the other diets out there, or having to eat them in a certain combination, or having to be a gourmet cook to cook certain recepies for certain diets. I just place my order, get my stuff, eat what I ordered and lose weight! I'll stop rambling now....Keep up the great work! :cheermed:
Last edited by kmr on September 25th, 2006, 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kmr
Preferred member

Postby alohacate » September 25th, 2006, 4:32 pm

Thanks for the boost & the cheer, I appreciate it!!
alohacate

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » September 25th, 2006, 4:40 pm

Aloha Girl!!!!

How are you? Thanks for posting! Yeah, I know. I need to post pictures. I'm kinda stalling. I want to take pictures at halfway point which is still 2 darned pounds away. These 2 won't come off for some reason. Kinda like your situation. But as soon as they come off, I'll post some pics.

Cate you are amazing. 48 lbs in less than 3 months is a reason for a party!! :woohoo: You are awsome!
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

Postby alohacate » September 25th, 2006, 4:43 pm

Kanani, Mahalo :oops: :oops: your makin me blush, I think we should rally all the Hawaii people and do a lean / green outing - what do you think?
alohacate

Postby alpha femme » September 25th, 2006, 6:50 pm

you rock.
:runner:
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » September 25th, 2006, 8:40 pm

Yes girl!!! Let's do a L&G!
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

Postby JeepGirl » October 11th, 2006, 5:09 pm

OMG I LOVE your new avatar!!!

*if I am way behind the times I apologize for not noticing sooner!!*
JeepGirl

Postby alohacate » October 12th, 2006, 10:49 am

I think I used to be invisible. When I was 51lbs heavier no one held the elevator door for me, helped me when I couldn't open a door or smiled at me as I passed by. My weight was a buffer zone between me and society. When important people came to my job they wouldn't look at me twice, now they put out their arms for a warm Aloha. A man actually winked at me the other day, ......I looked around to figure out who he was winking at.... who ....me? (nooo it wasn't the Rocket - ha, I wish) All of these changes are a bit overwhelming. I sense that I am more confident, strong and open yet I at times struggle emotionally. I still feel uncomfortable in my new "skin". Don't get me wrong I am happy about my weight loss - but I think I mourn the loss of my old body. Okay I am officially weird - but I had to put this out there.
alohacate

Postby JeepGirl » October 12th, 2006, 11:14 am

You are not weird at all. I have had those mourning times and I am sure I will have more as I continue to lose.

I know how it feels to be invisible and at times it seems that was better as I have to learn to not be in my shell anymore as I was the past 10 yrs.

You are doing great and I know you will get more more comfy in your "new skin"!
JeepGirl

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » October 12th, 2006, 6:08 pm

Hey Girlfriend! I totally agree with everything you said on your last entry. I could have signed my name to it. But now that you mourned the loss of the old you.... it's time to let "sexy" step in. Hold your head up and receive those compliments, winks, and open doors. You deserve it! There is nothing wrong with that! I'm proud of you! :hug:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

great job!

Postby KimKim » October 28th, 2006, 1:27 am

Cate,

You look wonderful and 48 lbs? I think you started AFTER me. Absolutely amazing.

I had a sad revelation tonight that I have a great fear of failing on this diet; and I have a great fear of being successful as well.

Goodness gracious.

So, I can relate to what you said about the social changes and mourning the loss of your old body.

Bringing sexy back has its pitfalls in some ways. But keep in mind you get super-healthy along with it ;-)

Kim
KimKim
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » November 1st, 2006, 1:36 am

Eh sista! Where you stay? I neva hea from you long time, girl!
Just checking~ :mrgreen:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

Previous

Return to My Journal