Allie

1 Thread per registered User.

Allie

Postby Allie » August 23rd, 2006, 4:43 pm

My name is Alicia. I will be 21 years old at the end of september. I have been overweight since I was 14.

I grew up in a home where my father was doing drugs, and my mom was depressed. Because she was depressed she would eat, and I wanted to comfort her, so I would eat with her. we both got bigger and bigger. My mom finally left my dad, and remarried to an even bigger jerk.

When I was 14, mom took me and my brother to southern CA in order to get away from her husband. By that time, I weighed 190. I went into highschool as the chubby-smart girl. I wanted to wear the belly tops and low jeans like everyone else, but couldn't, so I ate.

fast forward to now. I reached my all time highest weight at the beginning of this summer, at 220. I have a wonderful boyfriend, but am busy between school and work. I tried the atkins diet, which my mom had great success on, with no success. I tried slimfast, and pills, and nothing worked. I started going for long walks with my dog, and eventually lost 10lbs.

My friend pointed to a mf add in a magizine one day, and said "guarenteed weight loss, ya right". I laughed it off with her, but secretly wanted to know more. I googled it on the internet, and after reading about it, and reading posts on the forum, I decided to buy it. At first, it all tasted discusting, but I remembered someone's post that said to see it as medicine, so i managed to gulp it down.

I am now in my fourt week, and have lost 10lbs. my weight loss is no longer about the clothes, its about my health and my future. While I may struggle on this program and cheat when I lose my will power, I have faith in myself.

I wrote Nancy's quote (nothing tastes as good as skinny feels) on an index card, and remember it every time I want to give in. It seems to work most of the time.
If you always do what you have always done, you will always be where you have always been.
Allie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby blondeangel7782 » August 23rd, 2006, 5:03 pm

Allie girl you can do this I'm only on my third day and this is my second time around and man let me tell you check out my journal and you will see how bad I was and within a matter of hours I was on a MF high I can't let go now below is the link copy & paste be sure to read the whole thing including the best part where Sojourner's first response of inspiration which showed me things under a different light... Keep up the good work there is so much support here I'm only 23 and didn't gain most of my weight until my senior year (fell in love with my now hubby) up until now and trust me I have done everything to lose weight pills,atkins, slim fast you name it I have done it! So here is the link to my journal feel free to PM me anytime and I will be right here to chat with you & get you through it we can help eachother!

TTYS,
& keep shaking it!

Oh I almost forgot here is the link to my journal check in everyday for updates :-)
http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/diet-9027.html
blondeangel7782
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby dibbida » August 23rd, 2006, 9:37 pm

Het Allie and HI!!
you can do this..believe me I know of the binge eating and stress and all that jazz..i keep staring at pics in the studio..a true inspiration...so im on week three today and I do believe I am down 13 lbs...hang in there girl...you can do it too!
I look forward to your posts.
NONE has REALLY noticed the 13lbs..but I KNOW!!
actually someone said how thinnner my FACE :x was getting...I'll take it.
pants are looser and the pudding going down tonight was NOT my cup of tea..but hey...whatever...I am going to be thinner and so are you!
Hang in there and pm if EVER you need a boost!
dibbida

Postby Allie » August 25th, 2006, 10:36 am

WOO HOO!! I weighed today and I am in ONEDERLAND. 197.5. total of 12.5lbs in 3 1/2 weeks.

I have decided to set a new goal. I want to get down to between 145-135lbs. I will have to see how i feel when I get close.
If you always do what you have always done, you will always be where you have always been.
Allie

Postby alpha femme » August 25th, 2006, 10:42 am

:D
stick to it! you're doing great. i think that taking control of your weight while you are still that young is the best gift you will ever give yourself.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Elizabeth » August 25th, 2006, 1:52 pm

Allie, you're doing great! Congrats!
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby blondeangel7782 » August 25th, 2006, 2:04 pm

YOU GO GIRL :dance:
blondeangel7782

Re: Allie

Postby wildtrk » August 25th, 2006, 4:08 pm

Allie wrote:my weight loss is no longer about the clothes, its about my health and my future.

That is a great approach...it isn't how well you look in a belly top...it's about you quality of life in the future.
327/247/199
MF Start Date 4/14/06
10# - 4/26 40# - 5/25 70# - 7/27
20# - 5/04 50# - 6/18 80# - 8/31
30# - 5/15 60# - 7/1

New Start Date 1/22/10
Starting weight 355/345/199
10# - 2/2/10

"How long does getting thin take?" Pooh asked anxiously.
wildtrk

work outs

Postby Allie » August 26th, 2006, 5:13 pm

I talked to Nancy yesterday, and she was sooooo helpful. I also had my first exercise session yesterday. I went to the indoor rockclimbing gym, and climbed for two hours, although my boyfriend and I had to take turns, so it was really only like an hour of climbing. It was harder than I thought it would be, but I really enjoyed it. I will be taking a class at this gym once a week for the next 16 weeks!

I also set a mini goal for myself. 185 by september 23rd. I will be going hang gliding that day, and I want to be able to write that number on the paper.

Allie
Allie

8/28/2006

Postby Allie » August 28th, 2006, 4:02 pm

exercise: Walked to store and back/ walked the circles

I cheated today. In the morning I was starving even after having the hot chocolate, so I ate a hard boiled egg. I know that it is not an approved snack, but I really wanted french toast, so I think I did ok with this choice.

Allie
Allie

incredibly crappy day

Postby Allie » August 30th, 2006, 5:09 pm

Wow, monday was an incredibly crappy day. I had to take my car in because the stupid dealer said that the brakes were about to go out. I didn't take it to the dealer because they wanted to keep it over night, and thank god I didn't. My mechanic, and trusted family friend took one look at it and tole me that there was nothing wrong with the brakes, and that there was some dirt on the pads that was making it squeek. The dealer wanted to charge me $350 to fix something that was not broken. I was so mad that I called the manager of the service department and gave him a piece of my mind. He was acting like because I was a girl I didn't know what I was talking about. He even had the nerve to call me "little lady".

On top of the car thing, my computer decided to crash due to a virus, so I spent $200 getting it taken off, but doing this also erased everything on my hard drive, including 700-1000 pictures, 2000 itunes songs, and all my papers and study guides for college. Even though my pictures are all on CD, and songs are authorized to be redownloaded, and I have paper copies of my papers, it was a bad day.

I also walked from my house up to the store, and upon getting in line I realized that I had forgotten my wallet.
Allie

Postby Allie » September 1st, 2006, 4:23 pm

I feel like dying today. It is that time of the month and I am struggling with terrible cramps and cravings for french fries. I have not given in yet, but it is so tempting.

two days ago I went 5 hours from my first mf to my nex opportunity to eat, so I ended up having 2 l&g, and the g part of the first one was actually a hand full of grapes. Since I bought the grapes, I have eaten a few yesterday and today. I don't know why, I don't even want them!
Allie

back again

Postby Allie » July 2nd, 2007, 5:11 pm

Today was supposed to be the new start of medifast for me but I was unsuccessfull. I really hate my job right now and find that I dread going there. I wake up every morning wanting to call in sick. If I could afford to just quit with no other job lined up, I would throw my name tag down and say whats on my mind. But I cant so I wont. Today, they had rep. lunch which was pizza, cookies, and icecream. I ate 3 slices of pizza and 5 cookies and some icecream. What Was I Thinking? I didn't really want any of it until every one else was eating it around me.

My strategy for tomorrow will be to eat lunch outside in the hot hot heat so I wont be tempted to eat crap like everyone else, and so i will be more inclined to drink more water. You would think that a doctors office would be conscious about healthy eating but no they are NOT!!!!
Allie

Postby Unca_Tim » July 2nd, 2007, 7:48 pm

You know those first few days can be killers.
Make a list of your "whys" and be diligent to reach them.
You've done it before, you can do it again.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby queenielou » July 2nd, 2007, 7:58 pm

Hey Allie,

My first couple of days were not successful, either. I had a similar situation where I started off on plan and then an unexpected lunch threw me off. Then I started again and a friend invited me to dinner at an Indian restaurant. After the Indian food, I went to Wendy's and had a combo just for fun. The next day I made it all the way through and haven't looked back. I'm saying that to say that a couple of false starts are not the end of it. Just plan, plan, plan and you'll make it :)

Oh, and it looks like you're already halfway there. 32 pounds to go...you'll be at goal in no time!
Start: 4/21/2007
queenielou

Next

Return to My Journal