Ahhhh sweet success!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Ahhhh sweet success!!

Postby MusicalMomma » February 16th, 2006, 6:35 am

OK, this morning I woke up bloated and up 2.5 pounds from last weigh in (pms water weight).

BUT, I know the reason is NOT because I went to dairy queen!!! Last night was my first night as a youth counselor at our new church. The youth and I hit it off really well (the guitar and silly songs do it every time! haha!). Well, after youth group some of the kids asked me to come to dairy queen with them. I told them "I can't, but thanks for inviting me." Three of them offered to BUY MY ICE CREAM!! TEENS offered to buy my ice cream!!!!! I explained that I was losing weight and couldn't eat that...they kept saying "awww come on, you don't need to lose weight (big liars! haha)...come with us, we'll pay for it!" I LOVE ice cream, but I resisted!!! To tell you the truth, I wasn't even tempted!

So, if I HAD gotten ice cream, I would have blamed my weight gain on that and beat myself up. Now I KNOW this is just water weight, I am still in ketosis and this water WILL go along with some more fat!!! YAY MEDIFAST!!!!
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Marseilles » February 16th, 2006, 6:47 am

Awwww, MM, Im so proud of you! What a great story to share this morning. It sure brings some stuff to light, doesnt it? We must really try not to be held slave to the scale, even when we see the little ups and downs. Following medifast as it is intended is a fool-proof route to success! We can ALL do it, with the right focus and motivation. Soon you will be at goal and those very same kids are going to be amazed. And who knows, your restraint and self control may just motivate someone else in that very youth group that is struggling with their weight or self image and could find the courage to say "No, Im trying to lose weight" in front of their peers. You just never know how your actions or words will affect others! Kudos to you for being strong and for being the leader of a youth group!

Cheers to your continued success!
-M.
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby smartipantz » February 16th, 2006, 7:24 am

Sweeeeeeeeeeet Momma! :toast: One by one we get through the challenges that face us......... that little four letter word "food". :lightsword:

You have been doing great on the plan! Keep it up! :bighug:
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Lauren » February 16th, 2006, 7:35 am

Well done, MM! Isn't it wonderful to not be scared of the scale? I find it a refreshing change! :-)

You did awesome, and the teens will surely appreciate your efforts, and respect you for such determination.

Keep up the great work!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby falisamarie » February 16th, 2006, 7:49 am

Joyce

Good for you. Others may have made excuses like "well I can get to know them better if I go" or "I don't want them to feel like I don't want to be with them" and gone ahead and went. You looked temptation in the eye and you won :trophy: Just think the next time temptation rears its ugly head :twisted: you can think back to this success and it will be that much easier to say NO!!!

You are an inspiration

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby SueInSLO » February 16th, 2006, 8:51 am

Great job MusicalMomma! :bravo:

Another good example for others to follow!

Sue
:D
Start: 1/07/06
SueInSLO
Preferred Member - #20 Club

You did Great!!

Postby Ginabobina1969 » February 16th, 2006, 9:22 am

You did fabulous and really... think about what a good example you set as a leader!!! You should feel very proud! :)

Hugs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby cydj21 » February 16th, 2006, 9:57 am

:bow: Joyce, you are my inspiration today!

I must admit, ice cream is my greatest weakness. In the past I'd have given up anything for ice cream. I have never been the fast food type...not into the whole burger and fries thing (and well, without a gall bladder burgers are simply not an option but that is neither here nor there) but ICE CREAM! Ice cream could get me at any time of the day or night, in any kind of weather, any time of the year.

So today, I commend you for being strong, for looking temptation in the eye and deciding that you were stronger than any hot fuge sundae. You are courageous and successful and I thank you for sharing this small but critical success with us.
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby MusicalMomma » February 16th, 2006, 3:16 pm

Awwww you all are sooooo sweet and encouraging. I really appreciate it! Today we are in the middle of a blizzard in NE Wisconsin...snowed in all day. Snow days in the past were always filled with constant eating! This is a first for me! Your encouragement and "the pledge" thread are keeping me compliant :) Love you all!!!!! :hug:
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Soon2bFitSonja » February 16th, 2006, 5:37 pm

WAY TO GO MusicalMomma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbig:

That's why you are in the 20# club. As Nancy says,"Nothing taste as good as thin feels"

Go GO Go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Start Date: April 4, 2006
173.6/???/134
Soon2bFitSonja
Trusted Member

Postby Serendipity » February 16th, 2006, 5:42 pm

Hey way to work the plan, mama!

:yourock:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity